Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,121 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:12 PM

How To Start An Online Store In Nigeria And Make Your First Million Naira - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Start An Online Store In Nigeria And Make Your First Million Naira (19556 Views)

What Business Gave You Your First Million In 2019 / How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? / How To Start An Online Store With No Money And Make Profit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Start An Online Store In Nigeria And Make Your First Million Naira by ogapikin: 11:40am On Oct 31, 2018
There is a lot of rave about making money online more than ever. This has birthed so many online businesses and online entrepreneurs. Today we will be discussing a faction of these online entrepreneurs. Online Vendors. Who is an online vendor, this is basically someone that sells products through the means of e-commerce. Some use Social Media as their driving tool, some websites and others integrate both into their strategies. Online selling is projected to keep on growing and this is an opportunity for many aspiring Online Entrepreneurs.

Starting an online business and succeeding is really not as hard as you think but it requires dedication and hard work.

1. Decide What You Want To Sell:

Before you do anything, it's important to decide what types of goods you'll sell online. Whatever you choose, it's important to work with products that you're passionate about and more importantly, it needs to be high in demand. Chances are, if you pick products that do not have a high demand, you will end up being frustrated by the lack of progress and sales, so stick to products that can sell out easily in the early stages of your business. If you don't have products on hand, take a look at various the various affiliate market places like clickbank and easily find a product to promote and earn your commission. you can learn about that here

2. Choose The Best E-Commerce Solution For You:

When choosing an e-commerce platform or solution for yourself, there are a lot of factors to consider.
Your budget; you have to choose something that you can easily afford

Resources and manpower: you need to consider your resources also, it goes without saying that building an e-commerce website will require, content creators, web manager, graphics designer, etc. You should stick to resources and manpower that are available for starters.

You can decide to run your business on just Instagram or you can decide you need a website instead. There is always the option of using both platforms depending on the factors stated above.

If you decide to run your e-commerce on a website, there are two popular eCommerce platforms that we recommend: Shopify or WordPress + WooCommerce.

Shopify is a fully hosted eCommerce solution that starts at $29 / month. It’s a hassle-free solution where you just login and start selling. The downside to Shopify is that it gets quite expensive, and your payment options are limited unless you pay additional fees.

This is why most users choose WordPress + WooCommerce because of the flexibility it offers. It does require some setup, but it’s worth doing it for the long run. WooCommerce is the world’s largest eCommerce platform.

3. Choose A Payment Method

The next step before launching your store is to decide how you'll receive payment from your customers. There are many options you can decide on

Payment on delivery

Payment validates order

Direct payment with a debit card on your website.

4. Choose A Marketing Strategy

Starting any business, you should always have a strategy to ensure the business is a success. The same can be said for an online business, especially an online store. The platform you choose will determine your strategy. Choosing Instagram will mean your strategy will revolve around Instagram and other social media. If you choose a website then your strategy has to be a lot more elaborate, SEO, content strategy, SEM and many more.

5. Market Your Business

Once your store is ready for the world to see, you need to drive customers to your store with marketing. Whether you leverage email, social media, SEO or other forms of online marketing, it's critical that you share your store with the masses. In other words, even if you have the most amazing site in the world, if no one can find your store, you'll struggle to pay the bills. It is advisable you allocate a certain amount from your budget to ensure your business is a success.

Selling online can be a rewarding experience that allows you to express yourself and your entrepreneurial spirit. More importantly, it can be the way to start a new business or grow an existing one. If you're ready to get started, these six steps can help keep you on the right track to success.

If You Do not want to go through the hassle of creating an ecommerce platform, you can start affiliate marketing as it can start making you money within 48hours. you can learn how to start from the source.

SEE SOURCE

4 Likes

Re: How To Start An Online Store In Nigeria And Make Your First Million Naira by Pauletttteeee(f): 11:57am On Oct 31, 2018
Great Post!! Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Re: How To Start An Online Store In Nigeria And Make Your First Million Naira by ogapikin: 3:55pm On Oct 31, 2018

Thanks for the info Jagaban. I have few questions for you and I'll be glad if you provide me with the appropriate answers. They are as follows;

1. What is the minimum and maximum number of products I can promote at a time?

2. Do I have to create a squeeze page for every product am promoting? If yes, where would they be re-directed to the moment someone opts-in?

3. Is it possible and advisable to promote different products from different niches at a time?

4. Is my landing page the same as my blog? If yes, can I do as above in question "3" on it?

5. Kindly clear my fear on these ones while I ruminate on the other areas I have questions.

Thank you.

1. for my affiliate marketing i mostly use clickbank and i promote not less than 5-10 different products at a time and i have never heard of any limitation to number of products you can promote.

2. yes. every new product you want to promote needs a unique squeeze page. the squeeze pages can be on a single domain and hosting. this is the reason why i advice buying general name domains instead of niche specific domains. e.g supercourses over looseweight dot com. the reason is that you want to promote many products on the same domain. it will not look wise to promote make money products on looseweight domain.

3. yes if you can handle it. no if you cant. i personally promote any product in most niches if i have an hungry traffic for it. but this does not in anyway mean that a person subscribe to my make money list and i will start sending him dog training promotions. i will never do that.

4. a landing page is the page you direct your visitors to. if i say a landing page in this context i basically mean a squeeze page. a squeeze page is a single page where you collect potential buyer email addresses. partly answered in 3 above

5. visitors to your squeeze page are potential buyers. if they optin to your list, they are interested and most likely willing to buy. after subscribing to your squeeze page they should be redirected to your hoplink. that is the product you are promoting using your unique hoplink. if they buy instantly fine, if they dont, you already have their mails and your mailing series will follow them up.

will you like to have a peep on how i made over N271,500 from affiliate marketing within just 5days? see it here
Re: How To Start An Online Store In Nigeria And Make Your First Million Naira by Josh44s(m): 5:35pm On Oct 31, 2018
You didn’t state the difficulties. You made it look so simple like it’s easy to just wake up one morning and start online business. Nothing is easy in Nigeria, I mean NOTHING!

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Start An Online Store In Nigeria And Make Your First Million Naira by ednut1(m): 5:35pm On Oct 31, 2018
If we talk now dem go ban u. This is corruption. So na snake man and op dey collabo. Smh

1 Like

Re: How To Start An Online Store In Nigeria And Make Your First Million Naira by MichealCephas: 5:36pm On Oct 31, 2018
u sef don start ur own online store ?

1 Like

Re: How To Start An Online Store In Nigeria And Make Your First Million Naira by bluefilm: 5:37pm On Oct 31, 2018
You won't see our youths shouting ''unemployment'' here...

No.
Re: How To Start An Online Store In Nigeria And Make Your First Million Naira by ogapikin: 5:39pm On Oct 31, 2018
Pauletttteeee:
Great Post!! Thanks for sharing.

thanks.
Re: How To Start An Online Store In Nigeria And Make Your First Million Naira by Nobody: 5:39pm On Oct 31, 2018
Same trash .
Guy , you no dy tire ?

3 Likes

Re: How To Start An Online Store In Nigeria And Make Your First Million Naira by emperorblog(m): 5:42pm On Oct 31, 2018
Easier said dan done.
so many difficulty from PAYING UR SELLEE IN CHINA,SHIPPING TO NIGERIA.
lack of trust btw u and d buyer as most nigerians prefer pay on delivery and dey wont pay u unless u are using a delivery company doing POD which is costly.

if you need help in ordering from china Contact me. affordable

check ma siggy for contact

1 Like

Re: How To Start An Online Store In Nigeria And Make Your First Million Naira by ogapikin: 5:43pm On Oct 31, 2018
Josh44s:
You didn’t state the difficulties. You made it look so simple like it’s easy to just wake up one morning and start online business. Nothing is easy in Nigeria, I mean NOTHING!

those that have succeeded anywhere in the world today, succeeded because they didnt care if it was hard or easy, they just had to do it. if you are a good teacher, the first thing you should do is to make your student love whatever it is you want to teach them. if they begin to see the potential and love what you are teaching them, then their curiosity would push them through the journey as if it were easy. you only seem to discourage rather than encourage and provide alternate workable solutions..

8 Likes

Re: How To Start An Online Store In Nigeria And Make Your First Million Naira by MrSensor(m): 5:45pm On Oct 31, 2018
shocked
Re: How To Start An Online Store In Nigeria And Make Your First Million Naira by taxiappguy: 5:47pm On Oct 31, 2018
We can build the app for you. Whether it is a marketplace or a storefront.
Check our number in the signature
Re: How To Start An Online Store In Nigeria And Make Your First Million Naira by dlectura(m): 5:50pm On Oct 31, 2018
Nice one

But I don't need woo commerce to set up my store, I actually use a free online store for my business. You are free to post only 10items on the free option and more items on the paid option. Ask me how
Re: How To Start An Online Store In Nigeria And Make Your First Million Naira by Aji2012: 5:52pm On Oct 31, 2018
Nice one I guy, i just started building my online store

Please check it out and give me constructive advise/criticism

www.sammarts.com

2 Likes

Re: How To Start An Online Store In Nigeria And Make Your First Million Naira by ogapikin: 6:02pm On Oct 31, 2018
Aji2012:
Nice one I guy, i just started building my online store

Please check it out and give me constructive advise/criticism

i wish you success with your online store bro
Re: How To Start An Online Store In Nigeria And Make Your First Million Naira by Ruddyman(m): 6:04pm On Oct 31, 2018
Your first Million you said?
Re: How To Start An Online Store In Nigeria And Make Your First Million Naira by Aji2012: 6:05pm On Oct 31, 2018
ogapikin:

i wish you success with your online store bro

Thank you.
Re: How To Start An Online Store In Nigeria And Make Your First Million Naira by AdonaiAluminium: 6:14pm On Oct 31, 2018
MrSensor:
shocked

Concerning the app, can u add me on WhatsApp lets chat... 08147743098
Re: How To Start An Online Store In Nigeria And Make Your First Million Naira by AntiPonzihater: 6:20pm On Oct 31, 2018
I build you an online store for a small fee.
Re: How To Start An Online Store In Nigeria And Make Your First Million Naira by Riversides2003(m): 6:23pm On Oct 31, 2018
How can put someone through?I know someone interested in this.
Re: How To Start An Online Store In Nigeria And Make Your First Million Naira by Yoshy: 6:29pm On Oct 31, 2018
He just did introductions, probably never sold even a pin online before...bloggers. Anyways, go and do your research.
Re: How To Start An Online Store In Nigeria And Make Your First Million Naira by Julivas(m): 6:34pm On Oct 31, 2018
dlectura:
Nice one

But I don't need woo commerce to set up my store, I actually use a free online store for my business. You are free to post only 10items on the free option and more items on the paid option. Ask me how
How?
Re: How To Start An Online Store In Nigeria And Make Your First Million Naira by technuel: 7:01pm On Oct 31, 2018
What about logistics which is the most important part. Let the truth be told it is not as easy as it sound. I will advise who ever that want to go into evommerce to first of all try market place like konga Jumia and hroe your online shop gradually.
Re: How To Start An Online Store In Nigeria And Make Your First Million Naira by Samson3600(m): 7:03pm On Oct 31, 2018
Because he never own one so he can't mention any difficulty my friend.
Josh44s:
Re: How To Start An Online Store In Nigeria And Make Your First Million Naira by qanda: 7:11pm On Oct 31, 2018
Affiliate marketing is good business. Read a copy of 'Affiliate Marketing the Smart Way' for FREE on Q and A App.

Another way to think about Affiliate marketing is a case study of sales consultants on Jumia store. Open a seller account on Jumia, identify individuals with good products and help them sell on your Jumia store. You will not forget to mark up the product price with your commission.

You can also document your knowledge about a topic in an ebook. So long as the content is useful, you'd get buyers.

For business insights and guidance, read FREE resources on Q and A App.

Download Q and A App on Google Playstore.
Re: How To Start An Online Store In Nigeria And Make Your First Million Naira by ogapikin: 7:14pm On Oct 31, 2018
Samson3600:
Because he never own one so he can't mention any difficulty my friend.

unfortunately that is what i am known for. importing and eCommerce. i have sold several millions worth of my imported goods and i have also helped thousands of clients to do same. you can create a thread about the difficulties. its a free world

2 Likes

Re: How To Start An Online Store In Nigeria And Make Your First Million Naira by ogapikin: 7:18pm On Oct 31, 2018
ogapikin:

unfortunately that is what i am known for. importing and eCommerce. i have sold several millions worth of my imported goods and i have also helped thousands of clients to do same. you can create a thread about the difficulties. its a free world

Re: How To Start An Online Store In Nigeria And Make Your First Million Naira by ogapikin: 7:18pm On Oct 31, 2018
AntiPonzihater:
I build you an online store for a small fee.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Petrol Dealers: We Can’t Sell At N87 Per Litre / Debt: FG May Cut Power Supply To Benin, Niger And Togo. / FCTA Bans POS Operators From Residential Areas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.