Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,987 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

Ex-niger Delta Militants Threaten To Disrupt 2019 Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex-niger Delta Militants Threaten To Disrupt 2019 Election (14418 Views)

Ex Niger Delta Militant Egberipapa Warns INEC And Wike Against Rigging Election / Niger Delta Militants Threaten To Attack Abuja And Lagos (Video) / See What Buhari Is Taking With Him To Daura If He Loses 2019 Election - Adeyanju (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ex-niger Delta Militants Threaten To Disrupt 2019 Election by OrientDailyNews: 5:39pm On Oct 31, 2018
By Joseph Kingston

Calabar

A man identified as John Akpama has been shot dead by his friend, Enang Onun Itam, while testing the potency of a bullet-proof charm they reportedly drank during the annual new yam festival of Assiga community in Yakurr local government area of Cross River state

Reports say Itam, a secondary school teacher, and his friend, Akpama, had taken days to prepare for the new yam festival and had drunk a bullet proof concoction and good quantity of local gin to enhance their performance of the war dance at the festival.

On the festival day, the duo adorned their traditional war dance attire and headed for the venue of the festival but unfortunately, the story which emanated from the festival venue was the death of Akpama.

Sources at the venue said that, as soon as they started acrobatic display to the admiration of spectators, Akpama volunteered to be shot at to prove his invincibility. Itam, accordingly, loaded the hunting rifle he was carrying and shot Akpama, killing him on the spot.

This led to commotion and motorists, cyclists and indeed all the spectators scrambled out of the venue. In the process, many reportedly sustained injuries. This completely ruined the popular festival.

Akpama’s body, it was further learnt, was taken away as friends and family remained in shock, wondering why such tragedy should befall them. Sources said most of the natives feared that ending the festival abruptly and the killing at the very venue of the festival could spell disasters unless some rituals were carried out to appease the gods.

https://orientdailynews.com.ng/politics/niger-delta-militants-threaten-disrupt/

Re: Ex-niger Delta Militants Threaten To Disrupt 2019 Election by pastorjoe155: 11:05pm On Oct 31, 2018
hmm
Re: Ex-niger Delta Militants Threaten To Disrupt 2019 Election by Nobody: 11:05pm On Oct 31, 2018
pastorjoe155:
hmm
They’re working for pdp
Re: Ex-niger Delta Militants Threaten To Disrupt 2019 Election by CaptainPlanet(m): 11:05pm On Oct 31, 2018
For una Aboji mind

mtscheew

1 Like

Re: Ex-niger Delta Militants Threaten To Disrupt 2019 Election by Nobody: 11:06pm On Oct 31, 2018
CaptainPlanet:
For una Aboji mind

mtscheew
Buhari has won already .

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ex-niger Delta Militants Threaten To Disrupt 2019 Election by yeyeboi(m): 11:07pm On Oct 31, 2018
Vote Not Fight

2 Likes

Re: Ex-niger Delta Militants Threaten To Disrupt 2019 Election by dreamwords: 11:08pm On Oct 31, 2018
cheesy
Re: Ex-niger Delta Militants Threaten To Disrupt 2019 Election by Wizzyflexx: 11:08pm On Oct 31, 2018
Please who's our president?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-niger Delta Militants Threaten To Disrupt 2019 Election by rusher14: 11:09pm On Oct 31, 2018
How does the article relate to the heading?

70 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ex-niger Delta Militants Threaten To Disrupt 2019 Election by ruggedtimi(m): 11:09pm On Oct 31, 2018
as in the M.O.D they sleep on duty

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-niger Delta Militants Threaten To Disrupt 2019 Election by bigkahuna704(m): 11:09pm On Oct 31, 2018
Is Like They Do Not Know We Can Even Take On Israel Talk Less Of These ill Equipped Misfits

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ex-niger Delta Militants Threaten To Disrupt 2019 Election by fedorahat: 11:10pm On Oct 31, 2018
looks like its the Bot that is on Night duty

16 Likes

Re: Ex-niger Delta Militants Threaten To Disrupt 2019 Election by cr7lomo: 11:13pm On Oct 31, 2018
I don't understand ...those that commented above me dint read the story...the headline and story don't match

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ex-niger Delta Militants Threaten To Disrupt 2019 Election by Naijawebmaster: 11:14pm On Oct 31, 2018
condralbedez:
how did this story connect to the headline,MOD that post this well done,u r doing a wonderful job.

This one really weak me. Journalism is now trash in Nigeria... thanks to wannabe bloggers and the MODs.

If you need a website, check my signature No advance payment required.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-niger Delta Militants Threaten To Disrupt 2019 Election by Nasafina(f): 11:14pm On Oct 31, 2018
Which kind nonsense be this

Title different from post

E be like MOD is high on cow dung

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ex-niger Delta Militants Threaten To Disrupt 2019 Election by Eldorado14: 11:15pm On Oct 31, 2018
lol...nairalanders never cease to amaze me. The contents of the news and the headline didnt match yet the commenters above me are all spewing trash

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ex-niger Delta Militants Threaten To Disrupt 2019 Election by condralbedez: 11:16pm On Oct 31, 2018
how did this story connect to the headline,MOD that post this well done,u r doing a wonderful job.

6 Likes

Re: Ex-niger Delta Militants Threaten To Disrupt 2019 Election by Nobody: 11:16pm On Oct 31, 2018
grin Were you high before posting this, do you know the import of what you have done, do you know that you can be accused of heating up the polity by this misleading headline?

6 Likes

Re: Ex-niger Delta Militants Threaten To Disrupt 2019 Election by condralbedez: 11:18pm On Oct 31, 2018
4601CE:

They’re working for pdp
assuming you read what's up thr,u wouldn't hv disgraced yourself like this!

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ex-niger Delta Militants Threaten To Disrupt 2019 Election by thatigboman: 11:18pm On Oct 31, 2018
Op, headline and the story say different things.
Mods, check.

5 Likes

Re: Ex-niger Delta Militants Threaten To Disrupt 2019 Election by thatigboman: 11:21pm On Oct 31, 2018
condralbedez:
can u imagine.
And it made frontpage

6 Likes

Re: Ex-niger Delta Militants Threaten To Disrupt 2019 Election by Princedapace(m): 11:23pm On Oct 31, 2018
BOOMnaija:
One very distinct difference between naija deltans/ibos and yorubas/hausas is that, while d former is so loud mouthed and end up achieving little or nothing, the other is so tactfully silent and end up achieving a lot.

Just my observation tho.

Achieving what exactly bro? Has any Yoruba state turned into Dubai even with 8 years leadership of OBJ? Or has any northern state turn into the least developed province in south Africa even after decades of running Nigeria?

Una think sey political positions na achievements.. Pls travel out first if u have not..

People like u are the reason these politicians do little and make so much noise and brag about it.. Imagine commissioning airport terminal..

Lol. Naija na waste

5 Likes

Re: Ex-niger Delta Militants Threaten To Disrupt 2019 Election by condralbedez: 11:26pm On Oct 31, 2018
Naijawebmaster:

This one really weak me. Journalism is now trash in Nigeria... thanks to wannabe bloggers and the MODs.
Honestly
Re: Ex-niger Delta Militants Threaten To Disrupt 2019 Election by manci(m): 11:27pm On Oct 31, 2018
Atiku vote's in trouble. grin
Re: Ex-niger Delta Militants Threaten To Disrupt 2019 Election by BiafrodExposed: 11:29pm On Oct 31, 2018
Saw mynd44 below good evening sir
Re: Ex-niger Delta Militants Threaten To Disrupt 2019 Election by wolesmile(m): 11:30pm On Oct 31, 2018
I dey laff.

I thought they'd have retaliated the Odi massacre by now. They better not start what they cannot finish.
Re: Ex-niger Delta Militants Threaten To Disrupt 2019 Election by Nobody: 11:37pm On Oct 31, 2018
wolesmile:
I dey laff.

I thought they'd have retaliated the Odi massacre by now. They better not start what they cannot finish.
did you read the topic,?

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Begins Second Section Of Enugu-p’harcourt Expressway / Lagos State House of Assembly refuses to transfer budget to Ambode - Punch / Police Council Confirms Baba As IGP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.