Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,956 members, 7,863,391 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 04:57 PM

Traditional Festivals - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Traditional Festivals (1610 Views)

Ten Famous Festivals in Nigeria / 10 Colourful Cultural Festivals / Videos And Pictures From Igbo Cultural Festivals. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Traditional Festivals by Nobody: 9:28am On Apr 10, 2007
Hello People,

Does anyone have a list of traditional festivals held in Nigeria. I know a couple of them like the Osun festival and Eyo. I will like to know if there are more even smaller than the ones i mentioned.
Thanx
Re: Traditional Festivals by Ezinwannem: 2:44pm On Apr 10, 2007
In igbo we have wat they call NEW YAM FESTIVAL,
Re: Traditional Festivals by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:51pm On Oct 29, 2009
[size=13pt]Well , I Knew much about feasting and do enjoy it . In my home town "Ovu Inland"  about 3 different kind of Festival is been Celebrated each year. each of them are interesting to withness. . .  I can only remember one by name (Ofa) for now but i can never forget how some People on  wooden mask , bird feathered mask old Guns ,Sword, battle axe. . . and desplaying their talent in the public ,dancing and shooting bullets in the open air , demostrating with their weapon some kind of horrific splendour! . ooo my goodness. Those day i will never forget . . . . .  grin  grin .

The second feast is that there is a given time programmed for all Women to stay away from the public and hide themself from men weather married or single. Its just like "Hide and seek" game ,the hint is that if a Man set his eye's on a Woman he can Bang her in the public weather she likes it or not . Only if the woman can Overpower the man by runing away .Then, i see men Banging in the street, some kids, i mean little boys chasing  women up to their mothers age to bang them too in the open air . they just draw the wrapper off their waste and its all. . . . grin grin grin. the rest are simple by tearing the cloth the women put on to make sure they're fully naked. then works we start. . . . cheesy

I enjoy seeing the crowd of men/boys Chasing the Women/girs in the public .Just like when a male and female Dogs are having Sex in the Open air while people are watching them.
[/size]

(1) (Reply)

Dada Is To Irresponsible As Clean Cut Is To? / Breaking-out Time For Women In Northern Nigeria / Delta Mysterious Tree.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.