Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,902 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:40 AM

Was Mary A Sinner? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was Mary A Sinner? (801 Views)

How Old Was Mary (mother Of Jesus) When She Gave Birth To Jesus? / Why Was Mary Chosen To Birth Jesus Christ? / Can One Be A Sinner And Still Love God?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was Mary A Sinner? by Nobody: 11:28pm On Oct 31, 2018
Luke 1:46-47 And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord,
And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.

Mary mother of Jesus is an example for every believer to emulate from her childlike faith in receiving even when it seemed impossible to her humility , her chastity( for she was a virgin till she gave birth to Jesus) but unlike some who attach false characters, and titles to Mary in order to glorify her. Mary herself would rather magnify the Lord instead.

among so many false titles an characters that has been attached to mary, that Mary was one without sin.
Is this true?
from the above verse Mary referred to God as her saviour. If Mary was without sin this statement would be meaningless yet some might argue that God only prevented Mary from committing sin, which would also mean that Mary had the tendency of committing sin but again it makes no sense because salvation is for sinners(people already in sin) not the righteous.

Matthew 9:12
But when Jesus heard that, he said unto them, They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick.

hence mary must have been a sinner before God became her saviour hence mary was never without sin.

Romans 3:23
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Hence, mary was just a sinner just like everyone else but found favor in God's sight.
the only person without sin was Jesus the son of God.

Hebrews 4:15
For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

Jesus was the only called the righteous

1 John 2:1
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

Jesus was the only one born without sin and continued without sun till he left this earth.
the article "The righteous" tells us there was no one else like Jesus. this would have been false if indeed Mary was without sin also hence again Jesus is the righteous not moses, not Elijah or Mary or Paul or solite but only JESUS CHRIST

1 Like

Re: Was Mary A Sinner? by OgogoroFreak(m): 11:32pm On Oct 31, 2018
I believe she the type wey dey hide fvck neighbour.
Re: Was Mary A Sinner? by Nobody: 11:40pm On Oct 31, 2018
OgogoroFreak:
I believe she the type wey dey hide fvck neighbour.
my friend there is no profit in sin, let God save you.
Re: Was Mary A Sinner? by Bruno3000(m): 9:59am On Nov 01, 2018
why not? abi was she not a seed of Adam again?
Re: Was Mary A Sinner? by MosesAlex: 10:21am On Nov 01, 2018
p
M
Re: Was Mary A Sinner? by sonmvayina(m): 12:30pm On Nov 01, 2018
"This Egyptian deity under many names appears as the principle of natural fecundity among nearly all the religions of the ancient world. She was known as the goddess with ten thousand appellations and was metamorphosed by Christianity into the Virgin Mary, for Isis, although she gave birth to all living things--chief among them the Sun--still remained a virgin, according to the legendary accounts.

Apuleius in the eleventh book of The Golden Ass ascribes to the goddess the following statement concerning her powers and attributes: "Behold, * *, I, moved by thy prayers, am present with thee; I, who am Nature, the parent of things, the queen of all the elements, the primordial progeny of ages, the supreme of Divinities, the sovereign of the spirits of the dead, the first of the celestials, and the uniform resemblance of Gods and Goddesses. I, who rule by my nod the luminous summits of the heavens, the salubrious breezes of the sea, and the deplorable silences of the realms beneath, and whose one divinity the whole orb of the earth venerates under a manifold form, by different rites and a variety of appellations. Hence the primogenial Phrygians call me Pessinuntica, the mother of the Gods, the Attic Aborigines, Cecropian Minerva; the floating Cyprians, Paphian Venus; the arrow-bearing Cretans, Diana Dictynna; the three-tongued Sicilians, Stygian Proserpine; and the Eleusinians, the ancient Goddess Ceres. Some also call me Juno, others Bellona, others Hecate, and others Rhamnusia. And those who are illuminated by the incipient rays of that divinity the Sun, when he rises, viz. the Ethiopians, the Arii, and the Egyptians skilled in ancient learning, worshipping me by ceremonies perfectly appropriate, call me by my true name, Queen Isis."
Re: Was Mary A Sinner? by sonmvayina(m): 12:45pm On Nov 01, 2018
Inanna,

In truth, a man can only find peace by seeking Venus and through finding Venus. Regardless of the isolation teachings of Buddhism, Christianity or any other religions where a man must become isolated and self castrating and sits in his own male energies, there is no ascension no balance no peace if he does not become the hero and seek the crown of the Morning Star for with this he is rewarded with wisdom. And through the 'crowning' by 'Venus' he is initiated into the mysteries of love, war and knowledge, for only by entering the stargate of Venus that is the red labyrinth of opposites can the crowning of the head of Jupiter be complete. Then, and only then, can he become a true king and find spiritual peace.

One of the first and very important stories in history that was written by the ancient scribes of Sumer is about Inanna and the Huluppu Tree. The Huluppu Tree is the tree of life which was first brought to Earth and planted by the father of humanity, Enki. This story not only gives us valuable information regarding the Tree of Life but it is also one of the most important teachings of the Sumerian mysteries.

When Enki decides to travel to the underworld to see his beloved twin sister Ereshkigal, the south wind blows and uproots the tree which is then blown into the Euphrates River.
We are then introduced to the Goddess Inanna as a young maiden who is yet to come into her womanhood and she is described as walking along the banks of the Euphrates River. We are told how she sees the tree floating on the water and takes it out and carries it to her garden in her city of Uruk where she plants it with her feet.

For ten years the Goddess waters and nurtures the tree and gives it all of her attention and love. Her goal is to bring it back to health so that she can make her bridal bed and throne out of its trunk.

To her dismay,

“At its roots, a snake immune to incantations made itself a nest. In its branches, the Anzud bird settled its young. In its trunk, the phantom maid Lilith built herself a dwelling.”
Inanna is deeply upset by these invaders and their squatting in her tree. She calls on her twin brother, the sun god Utu, for help but he doesn’t help her. She calls on the eldest gods and they will not help her either.

Because Inanna had not yet come into her own, she was powerless to command them to leave. When we look at this esoterically, we can see that the Anzu bird which was an air demon has made its nest in the branches which are the higher dimension of the tree. Lilith, a desert demon, has made her nest and given birth to her young in the trunk of the tree which represents middle Earth and the serpent who could not be tamed made its nest in the roots which is the underworld.
These beings are rejected by Inanna; they are causing her tree to degenerate and defiling it with their toxic vibrations. Because of this, they now become Inanna’s enemies.

After the gods refused to help Inanna, the demigod Gilgamesh enters the story. He had heard Inanna’s call for help to remove these beings from her Tree of Life and when he goes to her they greet each other with love and familiarity. They were both young and inexperienced yet Gilgamesh is the hero and the chosen one to complete this task of removing the enemies from the tree.

With his golden axe, Gilgamesh killed the serpent that could not be trained. The Anzu bird flew off with its young and the dark maid Lilith flew off into the desert where she lived with the other desert demons, the Lilitu.

Gilgamesh then uprooted the tree and with its trunk he fashioned a bridal bed for Inanna and her throne and Inanna, as a priestess of the gods in training, initiates him into her mysteries by giving him the crown and the roots of the Tree of Life.

This story not only teaches us about how Gilgamesh became King but it shows us how he was rewarded kingship through initiation by the Goddess of Heaven, Earth and the Underworld and it is through her that all Kings are initiated and crowned and through her labyrinth an aspiring King must prove himself worthy by passing through the labyrinth in order to gain the reward which is the crown (Kether).

We are told how Inanna saved the Tree of Life from destruction and how she took it to HER garden which is a reflection of the Venusian energies. It is clear that she is the Goddess of our world and the one who balances the divine masculine in our consciousness yet as a young Goddess she had to prove herself among the male gods and create her own reality through her throne on Earth alongside her consort but she could not take this throne until she had performed the Hieros Gamos and brought heaven to Earth through her divine love making with her beloved. Only then, when she had gained enlightenment and spiritual maturity through the alchemical marriage mysteries would she be able to cope with the responsibility of becoming the female godhead of humanity. And thus, only through her love making and purification can a man be responsible to carry the crown.

There are many who are ignorant about whom Lilith is. Many have wrongly elevated her to a Goddess status when she is first mentioned in history in this story where she is called ‘the dark maid Lilith’ or ‘ki-sikil-lil-la-ke’ meaning ‘the phantom maid.’ The Mesopotamian demonology list explains her to be a desert demon and one of the female Lilitu who were demons that inhabited the wilderness.

Regardless of people’s ignorance to what she is, we know that Lilith can be also seen as the polar opposite of Inanna who is also known as Ishtar. Lilith is akin to a Succubus who drains men’s energy through sex. Although some see her as being the wild sexual side of women, she can be present as an attachment in some misguided women who consciously or unconsciously call upon her to initiate their sexual nature.
Lilith vibrates at a very negative and low frequency and anyone who meddles with her energies can become trapped within this energy draining cage which is full of illusions. She can be also equated with the polar opposite of the sun god which some would call the devil and even though this being as an entity doesn’t exist, as an energy it does.

There are many men who are locked within her cage by having relationships based on pure carnal pleasure which is absent of spiritual connection and love. Even though this sounds sexually old fashioned, it is a truth that leaves many men and women feelings empty and even dirty through taking part in meaningless sexual relationships.

The true Goddess of sacred sex who represents the Queen of the Hieros Gamos and white Tantrism is Inanna who is the divine bride and through her energies we are cleansed, purified and activated to find relationships which are based on a soul connection which aligns our mind, body, soul and heart with the person we are making love with.

Sex is a divine act which can open doorways between our conscious and the divine. It is an act which also occurs within ourselves when the sacred masculine and feminine perform the Hieros Gamos within us so that we find balance and purification of the mind, body and soul. It is then, when we are aligned with our true divine will, our Thelema that we become purified and we are rewarded with the connection between the crown chakra and the divine energies so that they flow through us without obstructions of what is not part of our divine mission on Earth.

This story can be found in tablet 12 of the Epic of Gilgamesh. We learn in the tablets after this that some years have passed since Gilgamesh had become King of Uruk and Gilgamesh loses the gifts of the Goddess by becoming arrogant and defiant against the gods. He rejected Inanna who is then known as Ishtar and killed the bull of heaven. He had completely divorced himself from the divine and so lost the crown of the Tree of Life and the roots.

This story can pertain to anyone who separates their mind from the divine and who pursues the path of the ego and not their divine will.
Re: Was Mary A Sinner? by ichuka(m): 10:54pm On Nov 01, 2018
Was she born of natural decent?
Ie born of flesh and blood? From her biological parents? If your answer is yes then,she a sinner by birth.
John1:13

1 Like

Re: Was Mary A Sinner? by Nobody: 7:12am On Nov 03, 2018
solite3:
Luke 1:46-47 And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord,
And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.

Mary mother of Jesus is an example for every believer to emulate from her childlike faith in receiving even when it seemed impossible to her humility , her chastity( for she was a virgin till she gave birth to Jesus) but unlike some who attach false characters, and titles to Mary in order to glorify her. Mary herself would rather magnify the Lord instead.

among so many false titles an characters that has been attached to mary, that Mary was one without sin.
Is this true?
from the above verse Mary referred to God as her saviour. If Mary was without sin this statement would be meaningless yet some might argue that God only prevented Mary from committing sin, which would also mean that Mary had the tendency of committing sin but again it makes no sense because salvation is for sinners(people already in sin) not the righteous.

Matthew 9:12
But when Jesus heard that, he said unto them, They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick.

hence mary must have been a sinner before God became her saviour hence mary was never without sin.

Romans 3:23
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Hence, mary was just a sinner just like everyone else but found favor in God's sight.
the only person without sin was Jesus the son of God.

Hebrews 4:15
For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

Jesus was the only called the righteous

1 John 2:1
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

Jesus was the only one born without sin and continued without sun till he left this earth.
the article "The righteous" tells us there was no one else like Jesus. this would have been false if indeed Mary was without sin also hence again Jesus is the righteous not moses, not Elijah or Mary or Paul or solite but only JESUS CHRIST

Re: Was Mary A Sinner? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Nov 03, 2018
Jesus is the righteous one
Re: Was Mary A Sinner? by Nobody: 9:04am On Oct 11, 2019
ichuka:
Was she born of natural decent?
Ie born of flesh and blood? From her biological parents? If your answer is yes then,she a sinner by birth.
John1:13
sure

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Gospel According To Ṣallā Allāhu ʿalayhi Wa-ʿala Āli-hi Wa-sallam / TB Joshua Visits South Sudan, Leads President In Prayer For Peace / What Does This Dream Mean?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.