Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,336 members, 7,815,663 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

'They Caught Me Because I Didn't Pray Before Stealing' - Arrested Armed Robber - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 'They Caught Me Because I Didn't Pray Before Stealing' - Arrested Armed Robber (30519 Views)

I Killed My Mom’s Boss After She Caught Me Stealing Her Android Phone - Teenager / Video: Bugler Tricks Dog Into Friendship Before Stealing Bicycle / RRS Arrests Man Who Hugs His Victims Before Stealing Their Phones (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

'They Caught Me Because I Didn't Pray Before Stealing' - Arrested Armed Robber by manlikeboss: 11:19am On Nov 01, 2018

Dreaded armed robbers who snatch vehicles in Nigeria and drove them to the neighbouring Benin Republic for sell have been arrested by the Lagos state Police command.

One of the suspects John Godwin while confessing said the only reason why he was caught was because he forgot to read the bible, that if he had done so, he wouldn’t have been caught.

He said:

“I was once sent to Ibara Prison in Abeokuta for stealing something at a market in Abeokuta. It was in the prison that I came across Tosin. It was also Alhaji who sent my phone number to Solomon.

“My plan was not to go back to crime when I came back from prison.

I did not have money to take care of myself that was why I went back.
But later I told myself robbery is not best option for me because my parents told me when I was born a pastor prophesied that I would become a pastor.

Fortunately, when I was in the prison I used to preach and pray with my colleagues. It is the devil that drove me to crime. .

“Whenever we are going on operation, I usually read Psalms 121.

I believe reading the Psalms would give me protection throughout the operation period.

On the fateful day I was arrested I forgot to read the Psalms before leaving home. I believe God wanted the police to arrest me so as to quit robbery.

The Zonal Police Public Relations Officer (ZPPRO), CSP Dolapo Badmos while confirming the news gave the suspects names as:
Solomon Adeniji (27), Tosin Adeoye (25) and two nationals of Republic of Benin, Adewale Adebolaji (45) and Moyori Sule (42).

She added that they will charged to court, on completion on investigation.

Gist Via: https://afribaze.com.ng/forum/231-they-caught-me-because-i-did-not-pray-before-stealing-arrested-armed-robber-says-photo
Re: 'They Caught Me Because I Didn't Pray Before Stealing' - Arrested Armed Robber by Alzirida(f): 11:19am On Nov 01, 2018
Lol.
Incantations are not Godly

2 Likes

Re: 'They Caught Me Because I Didn't Pray Before Stealing' - Arrested Armed Robber by Nwodosis(m): 11:22am On Nov 01, 2018
As they say, whatever happens, give thanks to the Lord, it also apply to whatever you do, pray to the Lord!
The reason most of our prayers are not answered, we pray for the for wrong reasons!

6 Likes

Re: 'They Caught Me Because I Didn't Pray Before Stealing' - Arrested Armed Robber by CuTTiieAngeL(f): 11:26am On Nov 01, 2018
Always Pray, Even After Doing Sumtin Bad I Pray.
Re: 'They Caught Me Because I Didn't Pray Before Stealing' - Arrested Armed Robber by Groovenaija360(m): 2:43pm On Nov 01, 2018
Re: 'They Caught Me Because I Didn't Pray Before Stealing' - Arrested Armed Robber by Righteousness89(m): 2:43pm On Nov 01, 2018
Even a Criminal knows the Efficacy of GOD! Meanwhile some humans do not
Tho this is a foolish Being who does evil and still believes GOD Will help him!!!

2 Likes

Re: 'They Caught Me Because I Didn't Pray Before Stealing' - Arrested Armed Robber by akinemma1: 2:43pm On Nov 01, 2018
So the only place he reads in the Bible is Psalms? No wonder! If he had read Exodus 20:15 which says "Thou shall not steal". He would have known that it is the devil that had been answering his prayer all this while.

Now that he has been arrested, let him use this opportunity to do follow up for those he preached to in prison when he was previously there.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'They Caught Me Because I Didn't Pray Before Stealing' - Arrested Armed Robber by OhiOfIhima: 2:44pm On Nov 01, 2018
You can continue praying while in Kirikiri...

You went back to stealing because you dont have money when your mates dey hustle in d farm.

3 Likes

Re: 'They Caught Me Because I Didn't Pray Before Stealing' - Arrested Armed Robber by AmazingELixir: 2:44pm On Nov 01, 2018
grin grin grin
Re: 'They Caught Me Because I Didn't Pray Before Stealing' - Arrested Armed Robber by yeyeboi(m): 2:44pm On Nov 01, 2018
Ok
Re: 'They Caught Me Because I Didn't Pray Before Stealing' - Arrested Armed Robber by naijjaman(m): 2:44pm On Nov 01, 2018
There's nothing one will not hear in this Nigeria.

What a Country! undecided

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'They Caught Me Because I Didn't Pray Before Stealing' - Arrested Armed Robber by Mistadora01(m): 2:44pm On Nov 01, 2018
Do u now pray in advance before stealing in Nigeria

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'They Caught Me Because I Didn't Pray Before Stealing' - Arrested Armed Robber by NwaAmaikpe: 2:45pm On Nov 01, 2018
shocked

I love his honesty.
The importance of prayers can not be overemphasized.

And that Psalms is the most effective in his line of work.

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 'They Caught Me Because I Didn't Pray Before Stealing' - Arrested Armed Robber by CodeTemplar: 2:45pm On Nov 01, 2018
Empty faith.
Re: 'They Caught Me Because I Didn't Pray Before Stealing' - Arrested Armed Robber by ryloy: 2:45pm On Nov 01, 2018
grin

Re: 'They Caught Me Because I Didn't Pray Before Stealing' - Arrested Armed Robber by Brownshugar69: 2:45pm On Nov 01, 2018
Pray now so you can get your freedom. Ode
Re: 'They Caught Me Because I Didn't Pray Before Stealing' - Arrested Armed Robber by soberdrunk(m): 2:45pm On Nov 01, 2018
Such a 'holy thief'....... angry

3 Likes

Re: 'They Caught Me Because I Didn't Pray Before Stealing' - Arrested Armed Robber by Seconsol92(m): 2:45pm On Nov 01, 2018
Your time was up simple

See my signature for data bonanza
Re: 'They Caught Me Because I Didn't Pray Before Stealing' - Arrested Armed Robber by Topmaike007(m): 2:45pm On Nov 01, 2018
nothing wey person no go see at least the Bible says anything we are doing we should put God firstgrin
Re: 'They Caught Me Because I Didn't Pray Before Stealing' - Arrested Armed Robber by BruncleZuma: 2:45pm On Nov 01, 2018
grin
Re: 'They Caught Me Because I Didn't Pray Before Stealing' - Arrested Armed Robber by CreepyBlackpool: 2:45pm On Nov 01, 2018
na them!
A for Armed robbery
A for Afonja

2 Likes

Re: 'They Caught Me Because I Didn't Pray Before Stealing' - Arrested Armed Robber by NwaIgboBoy(m): 2:45pm On Nov 01, 2018
is not late na u can still pray in prison miracle always happen
Re: 'They Caught Me Because I Didn't Pray Before Stealing' - Arrested Armed Robber by BiaframustDie: 2:46pm On Nov 01, 2018
Same thing here. Look at how they captured an IPOB cocaine dealer and all he says is Chukwu Abiama will save me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHzDwyQzcKI

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'They Caught Me Because I Didn't Pray Before Stealing' - Arrested Armed Robber by sunnysnow: 2:46pm On Nov 01, 2018
smiley
Re: 'They Caught Me Because I Didn't Pray Before Stealing' - Arrested Armed Robber by kokakola: 2:46pm On Nov 01, 2018
To him: "...Prayer is the Key that Opens all doors without being caught"

He has a point, but on the Negatives...

1 Like

Re: 'They Caught Me Because I Didn't Pray Before Stealing' - Arrested Armed Robber by SarkinYarki: 2:46pm On Nov 01, 2018
Who else went to check psalm 21 ? grin cheesy
Re: 'They Caught Me Because I Didn't Pray Before Stealing' - Arrested Armed Robber by naijjaman(m): 2:47pm On Nov 01, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I love his honesty.

shocked
Re: 'They Caught Me Because I Didn't Pray Before Stealing' - Arrested Armed Robber by exlinkleads(f): 2:47pm On Nov 01, 2018
ok now
Re: 'They Caught Me Because I Didn't Pray Before Stealing' - Arrested Armed Robber by Nobody: 2:48pm On Nov 01, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I love his honesty.

And that Psalms is the most effective in his line of work.
NwaAmaikpe will not kill me o

1 Like

Re: 'They Caught Me Because I Didn't Pray Before Stealing' - Arrested Armed Robber by Sirpaul(m): 2:48pm On Nov 01, 2018
John Godwin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Obituary Of The Woman Beaten To Death By Husband In Nasarawa (Photos) / Armed Robbers Led By Pastor's Son Kill Businessman In Benue (Photos) / Fulani Herdsman Rapes Married Woman In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.