Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,673 members, 7,809,561 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:15 AM

Why Soludo Is After Me –akunyili •allegations Laughable –soludo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Soludo Is After Me –akunyili •allegations Laughable –soludo (524 Views)

Soludo Is Confused, Has Lost Touch With Reality- Fani Kayode / Why Soludo Cannot Rule Anambra State Now ! / Chukwuma Soludo Is Living Large - Says Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Soludo Is After Me –akunyili •allegations Laughable –soludo by TMemos: 7:56am On Jul 20, 2010
http://www.tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/8471-2

THE Minister of Information and Communications, Professor Dora Akunyili, has said her in-law and former governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Professor Chukwuma Soludo, is after her because he refused to be placated following his failure in the February governorship election in Anambra State.

Professor Akunyili, in a statement made available to the Nigerian Tribune at the weekend, in reaction to a publication that she had a quarrel with the youth during the burial ceremony of her elder sister, alleged that the former CBN boss was not happy with her because “he singled me out as the source of his failure to win the election.”

During the funeral ceremony of Mrs Gloria Ezenwanne, Soludo’s mother in-law, at the weekend, in Isuofia, Aguata Local Government Area of Anambra State, some youths dismantled the tents mounted by Professor Akunyili to entertain her guests, while her security aides allegedly manhandled some of the youth and arrested them for the act.

Following the misunderstanding, senior police officers in the state and the traditional ruler of Isuofia, Igwe Okpara Unegbu, intervened and the minister took her guests and visitors to her father’s compound in Nanka community, Orumba North Local Government Area of the state.

Professor Akunyili, while reacting to the incident, said Soludo “brought that anger, grudge and frustration to the burial of his mother in-law, who is also my elder sister.

“All arrangements made by me and other siblings were vandalised by Soludo’s thugs.”

According to her, “they followed this up with text messages of blackmail to my guests, friends and well-wishers. When the environment in Isuofia became too insecure, tense and hostile, I quietly relocated to my father’s compound at Nanka, which is a few kilometres away just to avoid trouble.”

Akunyili added that “all efforts to make him understand that I alone cannot make him governor have failed. So he brought that anger, grudge and frustration to the burial of his mother-in-law.”

Reacting, Professor Soludo, through his Media Assistant, Bonaventure Melah, denied the allegations, saying that “they are laughable,”

He added that all the funeral arrangements were taken care of by Soludo and his wife, in conjunction with the immediate family of the Ezenwanne without Professor Akunyili contributing anything to it.”

Melah, in a telephone interview with the Nigerian Tribune, said one of the attributes that marked Soludo out during the electioneering was his rejection and condemnation of all forms of thuggery and acts of violence.”
Re: Why Soludo Is After Me –akunyili •allegations Laughable –soludo by Nigerd(m): 8:23am On Jul 20, 2010
i wonder ooo, so people has seen politics as a professional course
Re: Why Soludo Is After Me –akunyili •allegations Laughable –soludo by hatch: 8:28am On Jul 20, 2010
I now accept that Dora is nothing but alousy jacka.ss !

(1) (Reply)

Yerima Drags Naptip, David Mark, Others To Court- Hunter Now Hunted! / 2011: Jonathan Kicks Off Campaign In Bayelsa ! / Fg Revokes Keyamo’s Right To Prosecute Kenny Martins !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.