Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,062 members, 7,835,590 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:10 PM

Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Gets Recognition For Fight Against Hunger - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Gets Recognition For Fight Against Hunger (273 Views)

Laura Ikeji Gears Up For Fight With Famous Nollywood Bully / Fireboy Breaks Down In Tears As His Music Gets Recognition From Top American Act / Fireboy Breaks Down In Tears As His Music Gets Recognition From Top American Act (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Gets Recognition For Fight Against Hunger by motaramosh: 2:50pm On Nov 01, 2018
Action Against Hunger, an international Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO), has honoured foremost Nigerian novelist and international acclaimed fiction writer, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, for her contributions towards eliminating hunger and malnutrition.

Adichie was presented with the award at the organization’s 19th annual gala, which took place in New York City on Tuesday, October 30, 2018.
Explaining why Chimamanda was selected as the 2018 recipient, the international NGO said she is part of a large community of people who leverage their visibility and voices on behalf of others in the fight against hunger.

“Chimamanda Adichie was selected to accept the 2018 Action Against Hunger Humanitarian Award because we are inspired by her unwavering support of women and refugees. As a transformational storyteller who brings diversity, complexity, and humanity to all her professional projects, ranging from best-selling books to TED talks, her work aligns perfectly with Action Against Hunger’s mission and vision,” the NGO said.

“We are honored that Ms. Adichie has accepted our annual Humanitarian Award.

Commenting on the award and on the work of Action Against Hunger, Ms. Adichie said: “There is so much about the world today that makes me feel close to despair. But we cannot afford despair. It is important to remember that there is also much generosity and kindness in the world. And the work of Action Against Hunger is proof of that. We as individuals may not be able to change the whole world but we can change a small slice of it for the better."

Past recipients of the Action Against Hunger Award include the late President Nelson Mandela of South Africa, Archbishop Desmond Tutu, and Oprah Winfrey.
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Gets Recognition For Fight Against Hunger by bigkahuna704(m): 2:55pm On Nov 01, 2018
The Only hunger I Feel Now Is To Make Her scream My Name In Her Native Tongue

(1) (Reply)

Five Outstanding African Story – Tellers You Should Never Miss / Shatta Wale Teams Up With Music Producer Paq / ‘if I No Find Husband In 1year I’m ComingTo Share Yours’ - Toke Tell Tuface Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.