Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,251 members, 7,867,658 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 08:52 PM

Can It Work? 37 Years Old Guy Set To Marry A 20 Year Old? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can It Work? 37 Years Old Guy Set To Marry A 20 Year Old? (11144 Views)

"Who Is The Mother?" Lady & Beautiful Mum Trend On 20 Year-old Throwback Photo / My 16 Year Old Live-in Maid Is Pregnant For A 20 Year Old Boy / Lady Elated As Dad Sentenced To Life Imprisonment Returns Home After 37 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can It Work? 37 Years Old Guy Set To Marry A 20 Year Old? by 1Sharon(f): 11:39pm On Nov 09, 2018
Jman06:
Why does it pain you oldies when a man wants to marry a younger lady
There must be some sinister reasons for the pains!

She is not just younger, she's a lot younger.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can It Work? 37 Years Old Guy Set To Marry A 20 Year Old? by Nobody: 7:33am On Nov 10, 2018
Jman06:
Why does it pain you oldies when a man wants to marry a younger lady
There must be some sinister reasons for the pains!

Shut up!

He should go and marry a 5years old kid instead

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can It Work? 37 Years Old Guy Set To Marry A 20 Year Old? by Jman06(m): 8:58am On Nov 10, 2018
Elder0001:

Shut up!

He should go and marry a 5years old kid instead
Nairaland resident FOOL

1 Like

Re: Can It Work? 37 Years Old Guy Set To Marry A 20 Year Old? by Jman06(m): 9:02am On Nov 10, 2018
1Sharon:

She is not just younger, she's a lot younger.
The lady isn't complaining!

BTW, we have many women who are happily married to much older men.
Re: Can It Work? 37 Years Old Guy Set To Marry A 20 Year Old? by Nobody: 9:02am On Nov 10, 2018
Jman06:
Nairaland resident FOOL

You moniker should be changed to jkid because you're surely a kid.

Only kids throw insults around anyhow behind keyboard. It's your type that will be doing "sir sir sir " in real life.

3 Likes

Re: Can It Work? 37 Years Old Guy Set To Marry A 20 Year Old? by Jman06(m): 9:09am On Nov 10, 2018
Elder0001:

You moniker should be changed to jkid because you're surely a kid.

Only kids throw insults around anyhow behind keyboard. It's your type that will be doing "sir sir sir " in real life.
Mtcheeeeeeeeew
Re: Can It Work? 37 Years Old Guy Set To Marry A 20 Year Old? by speedyconnect3: 4:25pm On Nov 10, 2018
Ishilove:

Let me tell you a true life story- mine.

I was in 200 level, age 22 when I met this man, let's call him Paul.

Paul was very well educated, was running his PHD and was very comfortable when I met him. Paul was also 39 years old; 17 years my Senior.

22 year old me found his outpouring of affections very intriguing. I found his maturity very alluring while he found the prospect of being the first person to 'enter the place' a complete novelty. (I was still a virgin at that age).

Paul wooed me with vigour and alacrity because I was his spec- BBW, homely, studious and very Christian. All my favourite gospel songs are gifts from Paul.

When I told my mother about Paul and his intention to wife me, she smiled with great effort and went on her way without making any comment. As the relationship continued, her smile turned to a grimace. She was like "Ishi, let him go and look for his mate."

She never outrightly opposed my relationship with Paul but in time I began to find his world so...daunting and adult. While I giggled and jumped over his furniture, he would sit at his desk and look at me like a long suffering uncle.

He would tell me about the Oracle of Delphi and Euripedes, discuss world politics and religion, as well as the trends in international relations, while all the time all I wanted was just to gossip about Professor Ibidapo-Obe's antics.

It got to a point I began to find his maturity repelling. He had such big plans for us and our future, while I on my own part had other plans for my life that did not include marriage. I wanted to enjoy my youth while I still had it, but Paul, he had seen it all and was ready to start life with me. I wanted him to be young with me, not always so thoughtful and slow to react.

Meanwhile my mum was in her corner grimacing and giving me side eyes. embarassed

I was scared, and I fled from Paul. Mature, intelligent and oh, so stingy Paul...

Op, it may work for you but I speak from someone who has walked the walk so I can boldy talk the talk. She is too young for you.

QED.

Last I heard of Paul, he ended with a woman three years his Junior and they are living happily ever after.
Ishi Ishi

Lwkmd

Btw is it outright or outrightly.

I am pedantic with you cos of worship.

1 Like

Re: Can It Work? 37 Years Old Guy Set To Marry A 20 Year Old? by speedyconnect3: 4:28pm On Nov 10, 2018
emmyreb:

I'm not in Egba or Abeokuta but I can say a little about this yahooyahoo of a thing

remembered a customer who was once a hostel mate back den was telling me how they've used her ex not knowing his ex is now present gf to a friend, I paid serious attention that day and say all sorts thinking I'll believe he's innocent, had to talk to my friend who is now present boyfriend of the lady, told him all I heard and the guy was like he noticed sincd he slept with the girl, things has been going wrong for him, getting worst......I was just like I wished tjis gal knows she's an empty living soul and stop spreading her misfortune to guys coz the customer told me jazz on her is not only effective on her but all those that lay on her too. .......me yaff told my friend to enter moutain Nd get cleansed. May God help us all, all I know is head wey boys brings na it me Abisola bring from heaven, I'm gonna be rich very soon legitimately not with body coz I wept anytime I see slayqueen

I can't understand all these ritual tales.
Re: Can It Work? 37 Years Old Guy Set To Marry A 20 Year Old? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Nov 10, 2018
speedyconnect3:

Ishi Ishi

Lwkmd

She's good at fictions

1 Like

Re: Can It Work? 37 Years Old Guy Set To Marry A 20 Year Old? by Ishilove: 6:21pm On Nov 10, 2018
speedyconnect3:

Ishi Ishi

Lwkmd

All join. grin
Re: Can It Work? 37 Years Old Guy Set To Marry A 20 Year Old? by oweniwe(m): 10:38am On Nov 11, 2018
ahnie:
grin grin grin
Kid you not...the guy above me z a clown!

The thing he dey talk dey fear me sef.

If you enter Abraka see the kind motor small small boys dey drive you go fear. I can't marry Delsu graduate... If must, i will carry her to prophet to check her head first embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Can It Work? 37 Years Old Guy Set To Marry A 20 Year Old? by ahnie: 11:04am On Nov 11, 2018
oweniwe:

The thing he dey talk dey fear me sef.

If you enter Abraka see the kind motor small small boys dey drive you go fear. I can't marry Delsu graduate... If must, i will carry her to prophet to check her head first embarassed

The guy z funny tho...i love his sense of humour...three were caught yesterday in asaba trying to use dia babes for rituals.one just gaz be careful.

Long time...this one you remembered me today so....na to keel pigeon chop this sunday be that o. grin
Re: Can It Work? 37 Years Old Guy Set To Marry A 20 Year Old? by oweniwe(m): 12:27pm On Nov 11, 2018
ahnie:

The guy z funny tho...i love his sense of humour...three were caught yesterday in asaba trying to use dia babes for rituals.one just gaz be careful.

Long time...this one you remembered me today so....na to keel pigeon chop this sunday be that o. grin

I can't forget you nah.

Kendrace went offline since, I've not been able to reach her.

I've msg her period on Facebook, no response from them yet sad
Re: Can It Work? 37 Years Old Guy Set To Marry A 20 Year Old? by Nobody: 12:30pm On Nov 11, 2018
ahnie:

Ahnie you are here
Re: Can It Work? 37 Years Old Guy Set To Marry A 20 Year Old? by ahnie: 12:42pm On Nov 11, 2018
oweniwe:

I can't forget you nah.

Kendrace went offline since, I've not been able to reach her.

I've msg her period on Facebook, no response from them yet sad

Eeyah!....
Re: Can It Work? 37 Years Old Guy Set To Marry A 20 Year Old? by escapefromusa(f): 4:08pm On Nov 11, 2018
Jman06:
And you are still enjoying your "youth" and possibly waiting for a Mr Paul to show up now??!

@topic, age is just a number and the fact that the lady is 20 does not necessarily mean she is not matured enough for marriage. I know many ladies in that age bracket who got married to men far older than them and they are doing well in their marriages. Likewise, I know some who got married in their 35s yet ain't having it cool in marriage.
Op, don't let the opinion of people in this forum stop you from marrying your woman because people tend to react to issues like this with so much bias.
Since the lady in question is willing to be married, pls go ahead and marry her if you have established that the two of you are compatible.

You have the most balanced opinion. Shows you "thought" about this issue before sharing your thoughts.

None of us would complain, if he hammers into every crevice in her body using his schlong. However, once marriage is mentioned it automatically becomes a taboo.

None of us would complain, when she dresses stalk naked and posts images on Instagram.

1 Like

Re: Can It Work? 37 Years Old Guy Set To Marry A 20 Year Old? by Seahawk: 3:16pm On Nov 12, 2018
A post like this will always trigger the older, desperately seeking female who suddenly realises what she is up against - it's good you brought this here, but be discerning who you take counsel from.

You can’t help yourself. Can you? undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can It Work? 37 Years Old Guy Set To Marry A 20 Year Old? by Ksatriy: 10:11am On Dec 19, 2018
Elder0001:

Go and marry your age mate.

Ladies below 26 aren't emotionally mature and financially stable enough for marriage.

See who is talking... Did u marry ur age mate? Hypocrite.

1 Like

Re: Can It Work? 37 Years Old Guy Set To Marry A 20 Year Old? by Ishilove: 1:28am On Nov 13, 2019
Zoharariel, you no dey sleep?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can It Work? 37 Years Old Guy Set To Marry A 20 Year Old? by Lostchild(m): 4:25pm On May 30, 2021
SLOVFO:
I am a 37 years old man that is about to court and marry a 20 year old lady. The lady in question came highly recommended by close friends and she is quite matured for her age. The parents are also willing to let her go. But i am hesitant, as i consider the age difference between the two of us. Moreso, she is just in her year one in a higher institution.

Please I need the opinions and advise of experienced folks.

I understand your fears. Why don't you do baby mama plus just to see how it goes
Re: Can It Work? 37 Years Old Guy Set To Marry A 20 Year Old? by WorldRichest: 5:40pm On May 30, 2021
SLOVFO:
I am a 37 years old man that is about to court and marry a 20 year old lady. The lady in question came highly recommended by close friends and she is quite matured for her age. The parents are also willing to let her go. But i am hesitant, as i consider the age difference between the two of us. Moreso, she is just in her year one in a higher institution.

She and her parents have no future ambition. They think marriage is poverty alleviation. If not, why will a 100 Level student want to marry? Doesn't she have life goals like finish school, do NYSC, get a good job, get a car of her own, then think of marriage?

2 Likes

Re: Can It Work? 37 Years Old Guy Set To Marry A 20 Year Old? by RealEzee(m): 3:29pm On May 31, 2021
See finish loading 65%....... grin
Re: Can It Work? 37 Years Old Guy Set To Marry A 20 Year Old? by bukatyne(f): 3:47pm On May 31, 2021
How did a 20 year old nubile woman find a 37yr old quarter to expire man attractive?

I guess I will never understand.

@OP:

She is above the magical age of 18; you are free to marry her.
Re: Can It Work? 37 Years Old Guy Set To Marry A 20 Year Old? by Nobody: 3:56pm On May 31, 2021
bukatyne:
How did a 20 year old nubile woman find a 37yr old quarter to expire man attractive?

I guess I will never understand.

@OP:

She is above the magical age of 18; you are free to marry her.

I think you are mistaken, maybe you thought 37 is 47. have you seen the men of 38 years now? I am in my 30s and i look 25/26. If i take a good air cut, i can even manage 23. I haven't changed in the past 5 years and so are my friends too.

Times have changed oh, Men are looking way younger now. Except that man isn't taking care of himself.

For example, Someone like Timini looks 26.
Re: Can It Work? 37 Years Old Guy Set To Marry A 20 Year Old? by bukatyne(f): 4:08pm On May 31, 2021
truthsayer009:

I think you are mistaken, maybe you thought 37 is 47. have you seen the men of 38 years now? I am in my 30s and i look 25/26. If i take a good air cut, i can even manage 23. I haven't changed in the past 5 years and so are my friends too.

Times have changed oh, Men are looking way younger now. Except that man isn't taking care of himself.

It is not just about the looks.

It is the whole package.

37 is three years shy of 40.

To 20?
Re: Can It Work? 37 Years Old Guy Set To Marry A 20 Year Old? by mutter(f): 4:09pm On May 31, 2021
Please look for someone older who has finished school... There are enough of them out there.
Re: Can It Work? 37 Years Old Guy Set To Marry A 20 Year Old? by chatinent: 4:55pm On May 31, 2021
Ishilove:

Let me tell you a true life story- mine.

I was in 200 level, age 22 when I met this man, let's call him Paul.

Paul was very well educated, was running his PHD and was very comfortable when I met him. Paul was also 39 years old; 17 years my Senior.

22 year old me found his outpouring of affections very intriguing. I found his maturity very alluring while he found the prospect of being the first person to 'enter the place' a complete novelty. (I was still a virgin at that age).

Paul wooed me with vigour and alacrity because I was his spec- BBW, homely, studious and very Christian. All my favourite gospel songs are gifts from Paul.

When I told my mother about Paul and his intention to wife me, she smiled with great effort and went on her way without making any comment. As the relationship continued, her smile turned to a grimace. She was like "Ishi, let him go and look for his mate."

She never outrightly opposed my relationship with Paul but in time I began to find his world so...daunting and adult. While I giggled and jumped over his furniture, he would sit at his desk and look at me like a long suffering uncle.

He would tell me about the Oracle of Delphi and Euripedes, discuss world politics and religion, as well as the trends in international relations, while all the time all I wanted was just to gossip about Professor Ibidapo-Obe's antics.

It got to a point I began to find his maturity repelling. He had such big plans for us and our future, while I on my own part had other plans for my life that did not include marriage. I wanted to enjoy my youth while I still had it, but Paul, he had seen it all and was ready to start life with me. I wanted him to be young with me, not always so thoughtful and slow to react.

Meanwhile my mum was in her corner grimacing and giving me side eyes. embarassed

I was scared, and I fled from Paul. Mature, intelligent and oh, so stingy Paul...

Op, it may work for you but I speak from someone who has walked the walk so I can boldy talk the talk. She is too young for you.

QED.

Last I heard of Paul, he ended with a woman three years his Junior and they are living happily ever after.

And I noticed you started living with Paul before marriage. Was that Christain too?
Re: Can It Work? 37 Years Old Guy Set To Marry A 20 Year Old? by Ishilove: 5:10pm On May 31, 2021
chatinent:

And I noticed you started living with Paul before marriage. Was that Christain too?

Lmao. Where did you see that? cheesy
Re: Can It Work? 37 Years Old Guy Set To Marry A 20 Year Old? by mariahAngel(f): 5:31pm On May 31, 2021
SLOVFO:

Did you marry her eventually?
Re: Can It Work? 37 Years Old Guy Set To Marry A 20 Year Old? by chatinent: 5:33pm On May 31, 2021
Ishilove:

Lmao. Where did you see that? cheesy

Na wa o
Re: Can It Work? 37 Years Old Guy Set To Marry A 20 Year Old? by pocohantas(f): 5:34pm On May 31, 2021
truthsayer009:

Timini doesn’t look 26 in person. DJ spinall even looks older in reality.

Where are men looking younger? Looks aside, mannerisms, discussions, interests and even your fashion sense would give you away.

Timini is an entertainer, he is not in anyway the standard for the pot bellied Nigerian man.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is My Wife The Devil's Agent? / A Heart Touching Story [must Read] Trust Me It Will Touch Ur Heart / Elderly Care In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.