Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,005 members, 7,806,921 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:00 AM

How To Become A Front-end Web Developer - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Become A Front-end Web Developer (456 Views)

Just 16 And Already A Front End Web Dev Still Want New Challenges In My Career / Learn How To Code Front End (web Designing) With Only N5,000 This Christmas!! / Front End Web Designing Training Courses In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Become A Front-end Web Developer by gisthabit: 2:56am On Nov 02, 2018
In case you are aspiring to become a front-end web developer. Then this piece of information is strictly for you.
First of all, you need to understand who a front-end web developer is.
A front-end web developer in simple terms is anyone who converts data into a graphical interface for a user to view and interact.

Pre-requisites for becoming a front-end developer

1. You need to be interested in learning the new skills
2. You need to have basic computer operation skills (computer appreciation level)
3. Any educational background is allowed
4. A personal computer internet facility

Basic skills for web developers

#1 HTML

HTML, an acronym for HyperText Markup Language, is a language for designing websites and web applications.

It consists mostly codes usually written with a text editor and saved as an HTML file.

Such codes translate into a beautiful, well-formatted and arranged text or a combination of text and media (video, pictures, and audio) when viewed through a web browser.

There are a lot of versions of HTML but I advise you go for HTML 5 because that is what is currently in use by most web browsers.

#2 CSS

CSS, an acronym for Cascading Styling Sheet, is a computer language for beatifying websites and web applications.

Just like HTML, it consists of codes written with a text editor and saved as a CSS file.

This file is further linked to the HTML file of a website or web application using any of the three methods of linking a CSS file in HTML.

CSS, allows you to modify things like color, shape size and style, format fonts, format media and a lot more.
Again there are also versions of CSS but I advise you go for CSS 3.

#3 Vanilla JavaScript

Vanilla JavaScript is most times referred to as JavaScript. It is a computer program code that is used to make websites and web applications interactive.

Vanilla JavaScript is the pure form of JavaScript (i.e. without JavaScript libraries like jQuery etc.)

For some developers, they are satisfied just with the knowledge of HTML & CSS, but if you are thinking of creating something more interactive then you need to learn JavaScript.

Source: http://gisthabit.com/how-to-become-a-front-end-web-developer/

CC
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun

Re: How To Become A Front-end Web Developer by gisthabit: 3:20am On Nov 02, 2018
I am sure this will be of help

(1) (Reply)

Uk And Usa New Policy Adsense With Domain Available / Cheap Wordpress Hosting, High Speed Wordpress Hosting - Prewebhost.com! / The Pandemic Changed How We Internet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.