Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,464 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:43 PM

UNIDO, Edo Govt. To Construct 2MW Micro Dam In Benin City - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / UNIDO, Edo Govt. To Construct 2MW Micro Dam In Benin City (701 Views)

Kashimbilla Hydroelectric Dam In Taraba Awaits Commissioning (Pictures) / Zungeru Hydropower DAM In Niger State Completed / Obasanjo Launches 2MW Solar Power Plant In Abeokuta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UNIDO, Edo Govt. To Construct 2MW Micro Dam In Benin City by Nobody: 8:47am On Nov 02, 2018
as Obaseki visits Iyayi family

The Edo State Governor, Mr. Godwin Obaseki, has said that his administration is working with the United Nations Industrial Development Organisation (UNIDO) to construct a 2 Mega Watt Micro Dam on Ikpoba River to improve power generation as well as job creation in the state.

Obaseki disclosed this when he led some members of his cabinet on a condolence visit to the family of late industrialist, Dr. Iyayi Efianayi, whose passing was announced last month.

Extolling Dr. Iyayi’s trail blazing role in the economy of the state and nation, the governor noted that the late Iyayi made enduring positive impact in the lives of Edo people and residents through his philanthropic activity.

He assured that his administration is committed to creating the enabling environment for businesses to thrive in the state.

“We share the dreams of Iyayi that you must create the enabling environment for businesses to thrive.

“We share his dreams and we will do all in our power as a government that the dream of creating jobs for Edo people is realised during my tenure, he said.”

Obaseki explained that the construction of the 2-megawatt dam will commence next year and on completion, will supply power to a 30-hectare estate which will have an entertainment park that will host Nollywood investments.

He added that the state government is working on a 50-megawatt power plant that would be fired by gas, produced in the Ologbo area of the state.

“Two weeks ago, the National Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) approved a licence for one of our partners in Ologbo for the first phase of a 50 Mega Watts electricity plant which will be fired by gas produced in the area.

“The construction has started and the first phase of the electricity project will supply power to the Benin Industrial park.”

In his remark, the eldest son of the deceased, Dr. Ceaser Iyayi, expressed appreciation to the governor and his entourage for the condolence visit.

He said his late father lived an accomplished life worthy of emulation, created jobs for many people in Edo State through his investments in manufacturing, construction and agriculture.

“He used his own resources to build a 20-kilometre road linking Benin-Abuja express road to Akure. He extended electricity to Egba Community from Benin City and built factories and police stations in the state.

My Father led a life of accommodation, tolerance, justice and sacrifice,” he added.

3 Likes

Re: UNIDO, Edo Govt. To Construct 2MW Micro Dam In Benin City by Nobody: 8:48am On Nov 02, 2018
Lalasticlala, mynd44

Re: UNIDO, Edo Govt. To Construct 2MW Micro Dam In Benin City by Binikingdowm: 8:54am On Nov 02, 2018
Good one from Edo government led my obaseki, he's the most hardworking governor in Nigeria.. facts don't lie..

Edo state is one of 3 state that have added power to the national grid, and obaseki is trying to double it..

I'm sure if the work continue like this, Edo state will be the first state in Nigeria to have 24 hrs supply of electricity.
Re: UNIDO, Edo Govt. To Construct 2MW Micro Dam In Benin City by Astrosmart: 8:57am On Nov 02, 2018
Binikingdowm:
Good one from Edo government led my obaseki, he's the most hardworking governor in Nigeria.. facts don't lie..

Edo state is one of 3 state that have added power to the national grid, and obaseki is trying to double it..

I'm sure if the work continue like this, Edo state will be the first state in Nigeria to have 24 hrs supply of electricity.
while bayelsa state that refused to pay workers salary despite having the highest allocation of money, Edo state government says they will pay labour their demands..

Governance is not politics, God bless Edo state jare
Re: UNIDO, Edo Govt. To Construct 2MW Micro Dam In Benin City by Astrosmart: 9:02am On Nov 02, 2018

“He used his own resources to build a 20-kilometre road linking Benin-Abuja express road to Akure. He extended electricity to Egba Community from Benin City and built factories and police stations in the state.
shocked his personal money
Re: UNIDO, Edo Govt. To Construct 2MW Micro Dam In Benin City by Donmedrac: 9:03am On Nov 02, 2018
cool that's my state

1 Like

Re: UNIDO, Edo Govt. To Construct 2MW Micro Dam In Benin City by Binikingdowm: 9:11am On Nov 02, 2018
Astrosmart:
while bayelsa state that refused to pay workers salary despite having the highest allocation of money, Edo state government says they will pay labour their demands..

Governance is not politics, God bless Edo state jare
grin grin don't let BMC crew here this one oo..
Re: UNIDO, Edo Govt. To Construct 2MW Micro Dam In Benin City by Binikingdowm: 9:13am On Nov 02, 2018
My home

Re: UNIDO, Edo Govt. To Construct 2MW Micro Dam In Benin City by Binikingdowm: 9:15am On Nov 02, 2018
Astrosmart:
shocked his personal money
yeah..

There are a lot of big men that do those things.

Some will go to a community and offer them bore hole water, some built schools the worst part of it is that it don't make the news

1 Like

Re: UNIDO, Edo Govt. To Construct 2MW Micro Dam In Benin City by Astrosmart: 9:17am On Nov 02, 2018
Binikingdowm:
grin grin don't let BMC crew here this one oo..
lmao I don't even care, politics can never divide us..

grin obaseki is not APC, obaseki is not pdp.. obaseki is for the people
Re: UNIDO, Edo Govt. To Construct 2MW Micro Dam In Benin City by Astrosmart: 9:20am On Nov 02, 2018
Binikingdowm:
My home
cool

Re: UNIDO, Edo Govt. To Construct 2MW Micro Dam In Benin City by Born2Breed(f): 9:35am On Nov 02, 2018
Iyayi the timber and rubber magnate was a great man. He turned Egba community to a city.
Re: UNIDO, Edo Govt. To Construct 2MW Micro Dam In Benin City by Bizibi(m): 9:46am On Nov 02, 2018
No more update or news on the gelegele port.....
Re: UNIDO, Edo Govt. To Construct 2MW Micro Dam In Benin City by KINGinVAHALA: 9:51am On Nov 02, 2018
Astrosmart:
lmao I don't even care, politics can never divide us..

grin obaseki is not APC, obaseki is not pdp.. obaseki is for the people
Are you mentally ok? or you have forgetting how Oshiomhole and we his foot soldiers went round the whole communities in Edo state preaching the gospel of Obaseki to even the deaf and dumb, against all odds...even when people like you cursed us and vowed with your lives that it's either Ize-iyamu of PDP or no one? Now you are here shamelessly claiming Obaseki that you didn't supported and voted for. take this into your skull, if not for Oshiomhole, we(me and fellow committed Edo apc members) and APC as a party, our Obaseki would have been a nobody in Edo and Edo state politics as at today.
Re: UNIDO, Edo Govt. To Construct 2MW Micro Dam In Benin City by KINGinVAHALA: 9:55am On Nov 02, 2018
Binikingdowm:
My home
This picture you just shared and many more were made beautiful and possible by Oshiomhole, the man you love to hate because he is not a bini man. Prior to 2018 before Oshiomhole became governor, would you dare share any pic of Edo state and even boast with it?
Re: UNIDO, Edo Govt. To Construct 2MW Micro Dam In Benin City by Nobody: 9:55am On Nov 02, 2018
KINGinVAHALA:

Are you mentally ok? or you have forgetting how Oshiomhole and we his foot soldiers went round the whole communities in Edo state preaching the gospel of Obaseki to even the deaf and dumb, against all odds...even when people like you cursed us and vowed with your lives that it's either Ize-iyamu of PDP or no one? Now you are here shamelessly claiming Obaseki that you didn't supported and voted for. take this into your skull, if not for Oshiomhole, we(me and fellow committed Edo apc members) and APC as a party, our Obaseki would have been a nobody in Edo and Edo state politics as at today.
hey calm down bro, the Edo are one don't let politics divide us.. we all want one thing, to have a better state.

Nobody knew if obaseki would perform, nobody even know if ize iyamu would do better..

As obaseki is trying, let's all appreciate him irrespective of the parties we support
Re: UNIDO, Edo Govt. To Construct 2MW Micro Dam In Benin City by KINGinVAHALA: 9:56am On Nov 02, 2018
Born2Breed:
Iyayi the timber and rubber magnate was a great man. He turned Egba community to a city.
He was indeed a great man
Re: UNIDO, Edo Govt. To Construct 2MW Micro Dam In Benin City by Nobody: 9:58am On Nov 02, 2018
KINGinVAHALA:

This picture you just shared and many more were made beautiful and possible by Oshiomhole, the man you love to hate because he is not a bini man. Prior to 2018 before Oshiomhole became governor, would you dare share any pic of Edo state and even boast with it?
oshiomole tried in his first term, we know that..

In fact everyone was happy and even the pdp then was ashame to campaign against him..

But when he entered the second term, he changed, borrowed more money and didn't work..

He promised to fight God father in the state but appointment obaseki as the governor..

You can google Edo external dept
Re: UNIDO, Edo Govt. To Construct 2MW Micro Dam In Benin City by KINGinVAHALA: 10:03am On Nov 02, 2018
Edodefender:
hey calm down bro, the Edo are one don't let politics divide us.. we all want one thing, to have a better state.

Nobody knew if obaseki would perform, nobody even know if ize iyamu would do better..

As obaseki is trying, let's all appreciate him irrespective of the parties we support
Bro, to the other tribes in Edo state, Edo is one, but to majority (not all) of binis, Edo isn't one, it's either you are bini or you are an outsider. That said, I am from Esan and I supported and still supports Oshiomhole an Auchi man and Obaseki a bini man. But how many binis can boast of doing same thing to other Edo tribes?
Let me tell you, today Obaseki is doing wonderfully well, because Oshiomhole was able to lay the political and developmental atmosphere for him to sail smoothly, but despite that an average bini would still open their mouths and insult Oshiomhole. There is no community today in Edo state that you would go to and you won't see Oshiomhole developmental legacy.
Re: UNIDO, Edo Govt. To Construct 2MW Micro Dam In Benin City by Binikingdowm: 10:04am On Nov 02, 2018
KINGinVAHALA:

wait, I never hate oshiomole because he's not a bini man! Nobody hate him because of that..

In fact in , we campaign for him tirelessly when he came out for second term..

My/our only issue is that he borrowed more money and didn't work in his second term
Re: UNIDO, Edo Govt. To Construct 2MW Micro Dam In Benin City by Nobody: 10:10am On Nov 02, 2018
KINGinVAHALA:

Bro, to the other tribes in Edo state, Edo is one, but to majority (not all) of binis, Edo isn't one, it's either you are bini or you are an outsider. That said, I am from Esan and I supported and still supports Oshiomhole an Auchi man and Obaseki a bini man. But how many binis can boast of doing same thing to other Edo tribes?
Let me tell you, today Obaseki is doing wonderfully well, because Oshiomhole was able to lay the political and developmental atmosphere for him to sail smoothly, but despite that an average bini would still open their mouths and insult Oshiomhole. There is no community today in Edo state that you would go to and you won't see Oshiomhole developmental legacy.
The bini didn't play any tribal card , we don't do tribalism!!

You think ogbemudia is a Benin man?, You think Ambrose Ali is a Bini man?..

When this man ahriavhe was contesting against oshiomole, do you know how many Binis supported oshiomole?

Ahriavhe in bini means next life and the people were singing..

* Next life you'll contest not this time*

1 Like

Re: UNIDO, Edo Govt. To Construct 2MW Micro Dam In Benin City by Astrosmart: 10:12am On Nov 02, 2018
KINGinVAHALA:

well obaseki is not a politician but an entrepreneur, he has no grassroots support. I still believe the election was rigged to favour obaseki.

All in all, I'm happy he's doing better than i thought
Re: UNIDO, Edo Govt. To Construct 2MW Micro Dam In Benin City by Astrosmart: 10:16am On Nov 02, 2018
Edodefender:
The bini didn't play any tribal card , we don't do tribalism!!

You think ogbemudia is a Benin man?, You think Ambrose Ali is a Bini man?..

When this man ahriavhe was contesting against oshiomole, do you know how many Binis supported oshiomole?

Ahriavhe in bini means next life and the people were singing..

* Next life you'll contest not this time*
so true nobody likes that ahriavhe guy..

Abeg esan people should chilax
Re: UNIDO, Edo Govt. To Construct 2MW Micro Dam In Benin City by KINGinVAHALA: 10:17am On Nov 02, 2018
Edodefender:
oshiomole tried in his first term, we know that..

In fact everyone was happy and even the pdp then was ashame to campaign against him..

But when he entered the second term, he changed, borrowed more money and didn't work..

He promised to fight God father in the state but appointment obaseki as the governor..

You can google Edo external dept
Nigga, you need to be enlightened to know what governers is all about.
During Oshiomhole first term, Edo was running solely based on FG allocations and he was able to do well because oil price was up and that meant some reasonable amount of money for him.
Fast forward to his second term, from 2012, oil price had already gone down, Edo that was getting about 5billion from FG allocation monthly during his first term started getting about 1-2billion monthly. Other states started defaulting in payment of salaries, but Oshiomhole despite the dwindling allocation wasn't only still paying salaries as at when due, he was also embarking on some infrastructural projects(I can mention more than 5 major roads that Oshiomhole started and completed in his second tenure). That's why he wasn't able to do much, not because he never wanted to, but simply because there wasn't money.

Concerning the borrowed money you mentioned, majority of that money was the world Bank loans(about 150-200 million dollars) that was given to Edo state to fight gully erosion, and you can go for fact finding and sight seeing to Queen Ede gully erosion, Ekenwan gully erosion and Auchi gully erosion to know if the money was used for the purpose of the loan. And need I remind you that Obaseki was the head of Oshiomhole economy team and he was the one that adviced and brought most of these loans? this Obaseki has said himself in so many occasions. Bro, Oshiomhole should be a god in Edo state, else we would be unfair to him
Re: UNIDO, Edo Govt. To Construct 2MW Micro Dam In Benin City by KINGinVAHALA: 10:19am On Nov 02, 2018
Astrosmart:
well obaseki is not a politician but an entrepreneur, he has no grassroots support. I still believe the election was rigged to favour obaseki.

All in all, I'm happy he's doing better than i thought
Shey na you rigged the election to favour Obaseki? hahahahaha
Re: UNIDO, Edo Govt. To Construct 2MW Micro Dam In Benin City by Astrosmart: 10:28am On Nov 02, 2018
KINGinVAHALA:

Shey na you rigged the election to favour Obaseki? hahahahaha
okay. God bless us all

(1) (Reply)

2019: As Far As Kaduna State Is Concern, Winning Almost A Done Deal, – El-rufai / Igbo And The Wisdom Of The West / Fear Of Forensic Evidence- Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.