Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,588 members, 7,837,218 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:13 PM

APC Crisis: Court Issues Contempt Notice On Oshiomhole, INEC Chairman - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Crisis: Court Issues Contempt Notice On Oshiomhole, INEC Chairman (1327 Views)

Edo APC Passes A Vote Of No Confidence On Oshiomhole / Oshiomhole: INEC Informed PDP Before Postponing Polls / 'I Will Bring The Heavens Down On Oshiomhole' - Tunji Abayomi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Crisis: Court Issues Contempt Notice On Oshiomhole, INEC Chairman by Anambralstson: 9:40am On Nov 02, 2018
The Federal High Court sitting in Asaba, Delta State, has issued a contempt notice on the National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Adams Oshiomhole and the Chairman, Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Prof. Mahmood Yakubu, over what it termed disobedience to court orders.
The court said Oshiomhole disobeyed its order not to submit the list of Delta APC candidates to INEC, while Yakubu disobeyed its order not to receive and publish such candidates’ names from Delta State for the 2019 general elections until the resolution of the case.
The court noted that despite its order dated October 17, 2018, Oshiomhole still went ahead to submit names of purported National Assembly candidates from Delta APC to INEC and that INEC also went ahead to receive and publish such names even when the order directed both parties in the case not to do so but to maintain “status quo.”
Recall that Chief Cyril Ogodo-led executive of the APC in Delta State, had dragged the APC, Oshiomhole, INEC and one other to court in a suit, with No: FA/ASB/CS/76/2018, over the issue of the authentic list of candidates that emerged from the parallel primaries conducted in the state through the two contending State Executives in the state.
The primary election conducted by Chief Cyril Ogodo-led Exco produced Prof. Pat Utomi and Olorogun O’tega Emerhor as governorship and senatorial candidates, respectively, while that of the Prophet Jones Erue-led Exco produced Chief Great Ogboru and Senator Ovie Omo-Agege as governorship and senatorial candidates, respectively. The fourth defendant in the suit is Prophet Jones Erue and his parallel executives.
The court in its sitting yesterday, issued against Oshiomhole and INEC Chairman Form 48, notice of Consequence of Disobedience to court order, and warned that: “Take notice that unless you obey the direction contained in the order, you will be guilty of contempt and you will be liable to prison.”
Earlier at the court, the defendants failed to file their responses claiming they were not given the statutory time and that the Judge should first rule on their motion on notice challenging the jurisdiction of the court.
Maintaining her previous order on all parties to maintain the status quo, the judge affirmed she will not rule separately on jurisdiction but shall take all motions together with the main issues. She subsequently adjourned the matter to November 13 to give extended time to the defendants to file their responses.
https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2018/11/02/apc-crisis-court-issues-contempt-notice-on-oshiomhole-inec-chairman/

Re: APC Crisis: Court Issues Contempt Notice On Oshiomhole, INEC Chairman by seunmsg(m): 9:47am On Nov 02, 2018
I really don't understand some of these fight to finish over APC tickets. Delta for example is not really an APC stronghold and I am not expecting the party to win there. So, why the unending fight over the party's tickets? Do these politicians know what some of us don't know?
Re: APC Crisis: Court Issues Contempt Notice On Oshiomhole, INEC Chairman by KingDonPablo: 9:55am On Nov 02, 2018
APC has never done anything right since they first came into power.

Werrin kwansign me. make Dem fight o

easiest way to send oga lifeless back to his 150 cows

AtikObi we know

God bless Nigeria

Thunder fire team #lifeless
Re: APC Crisis: Court Issues Contempt Notice On Oshiomhole, INEC Chairman by lionness(f): 9:56am On Nov 02, 2018
What's this
Re: APC Crisis: Court Issues Contempt Notice On Oshiomhole, INEC Chairman by nnachukz(m): 10:03am On Nov 02, 2018
seunmsg:
I really don't understand some of these fight to finish over APC tickets. Delta for example is not really an APC stronghold and I am not expecting the party to win there. So, why the unending fight over the party's tickets? Do these politicians know what some of us don't know?
Stop pretending, KOGI, OSUN and Ekiti magic is what is giving them assurance. You know it, that is also what Buhari is relying on to retain the Aso Rock seat.

2 Likes

Re: APC Crisis: Court Issues Contempt Notice On Oshiomhole, INEC Chairman by CilicMarin: 10:10am On Nov 02, 2018
seunmsg:

That because you read a lot of propaganda from Nairaland.

However let me tell you the true situation of things down here for the umpteenth time.

It is very difficult to win any election in the South East and South South without the Federal power. The politicians know this, the real "voters" know this. Getting APC ticket down is almost a thorough way to getting the results...

PDP tickets in the following states are worthless as Zimbabwean dollars.

Akwa Ibom
Ebonyi
Rivers
Edo
Imo
Anambra
Delta.
Abia
Cross River.

And Finally Buhari will win Atiku in the SE/SS.

We don't do elections here. We write results.

Good day!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Crisis: Court Issues Contempt Notice On Oshiomhole, INEC Chairman by seunmsg(m): 10:15am On Nov 02, 2018
nnachukz:
Stop pretending, KOGI, OSUN and Ekiti magic is what is giving them assurance. You know it, that is also what Buhari is relying on to retain the Aso Rock seat.

APC won free and fair in Kogi, Osun and Ekiti. I am from Ekiti state and I can tell you authoritatively that if the election is to hold ten times, APC will win in all convincingly.
Re: APC Crisis: Court Issues Contempt Notice On Oshiomhole, INEC Chairman by Racoon(m): 10:17am On Nov 02, 2018
Confusion,anarchy and desperate power tussle everywhere in APC.
Re: APC Crisis: Court Issues Contempt Notice On Oshiomhole, INEC Chairman by nnachukz(m): 10:19am On Nov 02, 2018
seunmsg:

APC won free and fair in Kogi, Osun and Ekiti. I am from Ekiti state and I can tell you authoritatively that if the election is to hold ten times, APC will win in all convincingly.
if what happened in Osun is your definition of free and fair election, then stop asking nonsense questions here. They are hoping to win with your type of free and fair election.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Crisis: Court Issues Contempt Notice On Oshiomhole, INEC Chairman by Decline: 11:22am On Nov 02, 2018
CilicMarin:

However let me tell you the true situation of things down here for the umpteenth time.

It is very difficult to win any election in the South East and South South without the Federal power. The politicians know this, the real "voters" know this. Getting APC ticket down is almost a thorough way to getting the results...

Akwa Ibom
Ebonyi
Rivers
Edo
Imo
Anambra
Delta.
Abia
Cross River.

Good day!
Who is this one? Don't Even mention Buhari name in Delta state ooo, all the States you mentioned above make me feel you're typing from psychiatric hospital. Please don't mention that name for Warri here if not na sorry go your name.
Re: APC Crisis: Court Issues Contempt Notice On Oshiomhole, INEC Chairman by Cantonese: 11:45am On Nov 02, 2018
CilicMarin:

Akwa Ibom
Ebonyi
Rivers
Edo
Imo
Anambra
Delta.
Abia
Cross River.

Good day!

Sorry bro you seem totally out of tune with political realities in this country. Al the states you mentioned are core PDP states. PDP have corrected their past errors and have moved on. APC falls into more troubles daily.
Re: APC Crisis: Court Issues Contempt Notice On Oshiomhole, INEC Chairman by codedguy1(m): 11:53am On Nov 02, 2018
nnachukz:

nnachukz:
if what happened in Osun is your definition of free and fair election, then stop asking nonsense questions here. They are hoping to win with your type of free and fair election.

Are you minding those zombies. It is obvious that rigging is what they want to rely on so the battle is to just get the party ticket by all means and hope they succeed n the rigging.

(1) (Reply)

Behold The Founder Of Hate Speech In Nigeria And His Famous Quotes / This Is How Obasanjo Cheated The Igbos, Benin, Ijaw Tribes / Professor Kingsley Chiedu Moghalu For 2019 President. Read About Him Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.