Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,600 members, 7,816,492 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:55 AM

How I Was Scammed And Duped By Sisa Travels And Tours - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How I Was Scammed And Duped By Sisa Travels And Tours (1185 Views)

Policeman Duped By Yahoo Boys Using Osinbajo's Name / Here's How You Can Retrieve Your Money After Being Duped By Online Fraudsters / Single Mother Duped By Young Lover After Sex Romp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Was Scammed And Duped By Sisa Travels And Tours by Nobody: 9:46am On Nov 02, 2018
Hello, everyone
Please, pay attention to the below write up so that you do not fall to the scam..
Sometimes, in early February 2018, I came across a travel agency known as Sisa travels and tours ltd. with operating offices in Lagos and Abuja. I had a chat with one of their customers care representatives by name Grace O. Aanu through an advert they placed pledging to help prospective applicants secure a job offer and also work permit visa to Canada among a wide range of other countries all over the globe. Initially I was sceptical about it but the lady convinced me beyond reasonable doubt by showing me a work permit visa that was currently processed for one of their clients. On further inquiry, she gave me 110% assurance that it will be done for me. I currently lost my job with no hope of securing any one sooner, I decided to yield. She told me within 3 months the job and the visa will be out.
I was made to pay an initial deposit of N350,000 which I did. Thereafter, about one month later an employment letter was sent to me purported to be from a Canadian employer to sign and return accompanied with a deposit of another N350,000. I did. Later I was asked to submit data page of my passport, cv and a passport photo size 2 by 2. Thereafter, I was informed that I had been booked for biometric appointment at the Canada embassy. That was in June, but up till now nothing has been heard from them. When it was taking too long a time, more than necessary I called only to be told by the voice on other side that Grace whom I had a dealing with had left the company and she was just employed some months ago and know nothing about my complain. I was later referred to their overall manager/consultant in Lagos office. Evey call and mails sent up till this present hour are not received or acknowledged. Now both the customers care and the consultant are no longer picking my calls neither acknowledging to emails.
Now a process I as told would only last for 3 months is now over over 9 months. It is now I realized I was scammed and duped and that the employment letter which given was fake.I lost over N700,000 to them.
But all is not over yet as I have contacted a legal practitioner and he is currently preparing a petition against them to the appropriate law enforcement agency for investigation and prosecution.
Please, I decided as a good Nigerian to bring this Info to the public so that everyone out there will be aware in order to prevent further scamming and duping of unsuspecting applicants. They are still on the internet and on social media platforms setting bates and deceiving unsuspecting Nigerians.
Please, if you out there have also fallen victim to this scammers, speak out so that their evil deed would be exposed.
Re: How I Was Scammed And Duped By Sisa Travels And Tours by ShameOnAPC: 9:54am On Nov 02, 2018
Attach prove of your deals with them
Re: How I Was Scammed And Duped By Sisa Travels And Tours by Born2Breed(f): 10:08am On Nov 02, 2018
....including their bank details,phone number and address.

TBH you made a big mistake of not visiting their office in person.
Re: How I Was Scammed And Duped By Sisa Travels And Tours by Okobaba1(m): 10:15am On Nov 02, 2018
Born2Breed:
....including their bank details,phone number and address.

TBH you made a big mistake of not visiting their office in person.

My dear this criminals now have offices. From his write up. You will see dey operate in lagos and Abuja.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed And Duped By Sisa Travels And Tours by Livefreeordieha(m): 8:50pm On Nov 02, 2018
Okobaba1:

My dear this criminals now have offices. From his write up. You will see dey operate in lagos and Abuja.
i have been a victim so are many others...The day i will catch the ones that duped me..Only God knows!

(1) (Reply)

Men Who Inserted Pepper Into Girl’s Private Part, Paraded (photos) / Yahoo-yahoo Boy Dies After Barking Like A Dog. / Xenophobia: Police Kill Lagos Protester As Mob Burns Police Van (Graphic Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.