Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,483 members, 7,830,429 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:01 PM

Latest On Kevin De Bruyne Injury: Will He Be Fit For The Manchester Derby? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Latest On Kevin De Bruyne Injury: Will He Be Fit For The Manchester Derby? (301 Views)

Bayern Striker Ruled Out For 4 Weeks Due To Knee Injury & Will Miss Chelsea Tie / Manchester Derby: Guardiola Doesn't Like Solskjaer's Comments About Kicking / Why Pogba, Lukaku May Not Feature In Manchester Derby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Latest On Kevin De Bruyne Injury: Will He Be Fit For The Manchester Derby? by kcmikee1(m): 10:40am On Nov 02, 2018

Thursday's match saw Manchester City who is the current holders of the Carabo Cup go head to head with Fulham to decide who will advance to the quarterfinals leaving Kevin de Bruyne with an injury.

Though Manchester City won the game by 2-0 with Brahim Diaz scoring the two the goal in each half, their victory was not something to celebrate about as they saw the Belgian midfielder Kevin de Bruyne limp off just three minutes from the end of the match.

Kevin de Bruyne who has played a total of 150minutes in the 2018-19 season. Kevin de Bruyne who had an energetic and impressive performance saw himself on the ground holding his left knee and was taken off the pitch immediately.

Manchester City coach Pep Guardiola said "He is being checked by the doctors. We don't know if it's nothing or if it's something serious"

The deadlock was broken after 18minutes by Brahim Diaz who got a rebound after Kompany's shot took a deflection. Brahim Diaz scored the second goal on the 65minutes shooting the ball to the roof of the net that was set by Gabriel Jesus who tipped the Fulham keeper.

On 27th of November, Machester City with find who their opponent when Southampton faces Leicester. The match which was meant to be on Tuesday was postponed due to the death of Leicester's owner Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha and four others in a helicopter crash at King Power Stadium.

Kevin de Bruyne who always drove his side to win and tried to recover the who when it's with the opposition. Kevin de Bruyne made three interceptions and seven tackles in the match with Fulham.

Kevin de Bruyne who poses as a big threat to oppositions especially when crosses the ball from the right and his forward play gives Machester city to win with a larger goal margin.

Manchester City Manager is hopeful that Kevin de Bruyne's injury is not a major injury due to the matches Manchester City will be having in the month of November which includes a home game Manchester derby on the 11th of November

Brahim Diaz was admired by Kevin de Bruyne watching him play and scoring goals, having a memorable night on his second start of the 2018/19 season. Brahim Diaz has made 14 appearances for Manchester City in total.

After the match, Manchester City manager had this to say "We made an excellent performance without the ball in terms of how aggressive we were. They have the quality to play even through us, even though they are not in a good moment in terms of results. We played as the game deserved. We made the space and created enough chances. I'm so satisfied"

Fulham manager had this to say "We wanted to respect the competition and try to go through. We made some positive things. Our defensive organisation was better than the past. They showed their quality and their power and their speed.

I believe in myself and I must believe in my team. It is not an easy job ahead of us. We are fighting not to get relegated. We are in a situation. Our supporters expect better and we are trying to find solutions.

This game showed we can make fewer mistakes and be better without the ball. I have seen some positive light ahead of us."

Source: https://davepartner.com/blog/2018/11/02/latest-on-kevin-de-bruyne-injury-will-he-be-fit-for-the-manchester-derby/
Re: Latest On Kevin De Bruyne Injury: Will He Be Fit For The Manchester Derby? by kcmikee1(m): 10:41am On Nov 02, 2018

(1) (Reply)

Man City Coach Pep Guardiola Denies Lionel Messi Reports / Manchester United Legend To Be Honoured Tonight. / Rhor Out For Revenge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.