Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,020 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

Will Minimum Wage Increase Add To Legislators, Executives & Judicial Salaries? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will Minimum Wage Increase Add To Legislators, Executives & Judicial Salaries? (464 Views)

Rivers: Legislators Remove Governor Fubara's Authority To Appoint LG Caretakers / National Assembly Approves N160bn For Minimum Wage Increase / Outcry As Saraki, Dogara Sit On Late Legislators Seats (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will Minimum Wage Increase Add To Legislators, Executives & Judicial Salaries? by Ovamboland(m): 11:28am On Nov 02, 2018
As workers jostle and want to go on strike for increased minimum wage, if they are obliged and get the increase, will the actual winners not inadvertently be Senators, Reps, Governors, President, VP and Ministers as their emoluments has relationship with minimum wage?

Will they also get increased salaries despite the clamour for a reduction in their take home?

We must also realize no government worker goes home with minimum wage as 18,000 is only the basic salary over which other allowances are calculated.

Let's have your opinion from those who are aware of the inputs used on the RMFAC template
Re: Will Minimum Wage Increase Add To Legislators, Executives & Judicial Salaries? by richidinho(m): 11:29am On Nov 02, 2018
if you ask me....
Re: Will Minimum Wage Increase Add To Legislators, Executives & Judicial Salaries? by codedguy1(m): 11:43am On Nov 02, 2018
Well not sure but for the increment to make sense it should not include them only those in the civil service, not elected or appointed public officers who already have a fairly OK salary.

We actually need a salary structure review and not increment.

A new salary structure both for the civil service and elected or appointed public officers.
Re: Will Minimum Wage Increase Add To Legislators, Executives & Judicial Salaries? by EbukaHades10(m): 12:11pm On Nov 02, 2018
Adam and Eve ni.

God will punish anybody that tries to do so. If will not be well with the person or persons.

The one wey dem get never reach them? Just collecting salaries for doing virtually nothing.
Re: Will Minimum Wage Increase Add To Legislators, Executives & Judicial Salaries? by Ovamboland(m): 1:11pm On Nov 02, 2018
EbukaHades10:
Adam and Eve ni.

God will punish anybody that tries to do so. If will not be well with the person or persons.

The one wey dem get never reach them? Just collecting salaries for doing virtually nothing.

It's not by cursing anybody, what does the law say?

Will their emoluments be affected by minimum wage changes according the law, chikena!
Re: Will Minimum Wage Increase Add To Legislators, Executives & Judicial Salaries? by naijainstinct: 1:40pm On Nov 02, 2018
Ovamboland:
As workers jostle and want to go on strike for increased minimum wage, if they are obliged and get the increase, will the actual winners not inadvertently be Senators, Reps, Governors, President, VP and Ministers as their emoluments has relationship with minimum wage?

Will they also get increased salaries despite the clamour for a reduction in their take home?

We must also realize no government worker goes home with minimum wage as 18,000 is only the basic salary over which other allowances are calculated.

Let's have your opinion from those who are aware of the inputs used on the RMFAC template
I am only concerned about the bolded. I want to believe you are neither a civil nor public servant. That said, my first appointment was with a Federal Ministry. I started on GL. 09 S II cos I had an MSc, my net take home after deduction was N58k. BSc/BA entrants on Level 08 S II take home N48,900. This is the increment we have been "enjoying" since 2010 when the new 18,000 minumum wage came into law. Now use your brain to calculate how much junior officers on Level 06, 05, 04 etc are earning.

If you reside in Abuja, you will know what rent is saying. Getting a decent 2 bedroom in Kubwa (which is a satellite town far from the city center) will cost you between N500,000 - 800,000k per annum depending on the facilities. It means as a Level 09 officer in the civil service living in FCT and having a wife + 3 children, your salary cannot rent a 2 bedroom in kubwa. I havent started talking of children's school fees, books and bus fares, foodstuff, utilities, clothings, medical bills, financial requests from family and friends, tithe (if you pay that), etc.

I had to borrow my self brain and move to a parastatal with better pay. This is a priviledge many people dont have. Even now, despite getting a better pay compared to my colleagues in the civil service, increase in cost of living has made my salary look inadequate. I really pity those in the Ministries.

There is no minumum wage in Nigeria, what we have is suffering wage
Re: Will Minimum Wage Increase Add To Legislators, Executives & Judicial Salaries? by EbukaHades10(m): 2:01pm On Nov 02, 2018
Ovamboland:

It's not by cursing anybody, what does the law say?

Will their emoluments be affected by minimum wage changes according the law, chikena!
All that one doesn't concern Jesus

(1) (Reply)

In 2015, I Spent Between N200m And N400m On Buhari’s Election–saraki / Atiku Didnt Lie About Being An Orphan / How To Check Permanent Voters Card (PVC) Registration Status Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.