Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,314 members, 7,853,466 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 05:10 PM

Things We Do On Fridays That Makes It Special - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Things We Do On Fridays That Makes It Special (267 Views)

Jumia Black Fridays 2019 Q & A By Fortizo Light / 5 Reasons Why Nigerians Get Excited About Fridays / What Are The Things We All Do But Do Not Admit Doing Them? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Things We Do On Fridays That Makes It Special by africa4ever: 11:45am On Nov 02, 2018
What’s so special about Fridays?

I moved about my office space with a smile for everyone thing weekend. No harsh feelings, no hard words and all the time, my eyes was on the wall clock at the reception.

Honestly, I could only think of this evening and I didn’t want anyone to disrupt the butterflies in my stomach. My secretary couldn’t help but notice and after a long wait, she had to let it out; “oga, why are you so excited?”

I didn’t know when I blunted out “thank God it’s Friday!”

Most people on social media are familiar with the trend #TGIF which is short for “Thank God It’s Friday” and with a lot of busyness going on from Mondays to Thursdays, it is without doubt that most people look forward to the weekend.

For those in white-collar jobs, some pack their office bags waiting for the stroke of 4:00PM and some even make it a habit of making a mad dash for the door at that time like school children who just escaped from the little prisons called ‘classrooms’.

Woe betide you if you bring a file which needs urgent attention by that time, you stand the chance of becoming an enemy for life.

So what are some of the things we do on Fridays (especially Friday nights) which we may not ordinarily do on other working days?

1. GET TOGETHER WITH FRIENDS AND LOVED ONES: Fridays are good opportunities to hang out with our friends and loved.

For my brethren in alcohol’s club, it is a day to drink to stupor and worry about hangover later. Couples may also decide to take a family/couple’s retreat which starts on Friday.

It is also an opportunity to visit friends and family who you could not visit because of busy schedules.

2. GO ON DATES: It is awry and quite absurd when a man/woman keeps looking at his/her watch while on a date on a weekday just because he/she doesn’t want to sleep late and wake up late for work the next day.

When you take your lady out on a Friday night, be sure to get all the attention you can get.

3. CASUAL DAY AT WORK: In Nigeria and other African countries, it is customary to wear native attires to work on Fridays in lieu of the heavily-claded dress associated with white-collar jobs.

First, this is good because employees get reprieve from formal wears and it is a good time to showcase African tradition through dressing. For men who ove t-shirts, it’s a good day to forget the neckties at home.
Read More Here: https://myinspirationhub.com/things-we-do-on-fridays-that-makes-it-special/

Re: Things We Do On Fridays That Makes It Special by Bestchisom(m): 11:46am On Nov 02, 2018
Tgif

(1) (Reply)

/ UI International School Shut As Female Pupils Appear In Hijab / Stop Turning Us Down, We Make More Money Than Men In Suit - Keke Driver Cry Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.