Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,154 members, 7,845,802 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

Working In Warri And Doing Masters In Unilag At The Same Time, Is Iit Possible? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Working In Warri And Doing Masters In Unilag At The Same Time, Is Iit Possible? (660 Views)

The Risk Students Take In Warri To Get To School (Photo) / Open: 2015/2016 Guiness/iit Technical Training Scholarship / What Is The Different Between Doing The Right Thing And Doing Things Right? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Working In Warri And Doing Masters In Unilag At The Same Time, Is Iit Possible? by caticati: 4:22pm On Jul 20, 2010
Please advice me.

I am working in Warri with an airline, and at the same time, a part-time masters student of Unilag. Although i was working in Lagos for a while before accepting the better paying job in Warri, one year after i started my masters degree.

However, i have a friend helping me for attendance and some assignments, others, i do from the comfort of my office and send it to her box for submission. But i usually travel to do exams myself, and never had problem with that.

The problem is that during the course of working in Warri, i finally got married to my Lagos boyfriend, who still works in Lagos. I usually travel to Lagos almost every week-end to see him, and use the opportunity to visit school, to get the much lectures i can grab, before returning to Warri with last flights on Sundays. Even if he assured me that we will cope, i am scared that one day, things may turn around, and it may come to choosing him or the fat paying job. And i don't want to loose both.

Another problem is that i am very concerned about how to cope with this distance when i approach the time for project and supervising, especially when i would have to see the supervisor during the week, which i job will make rather impossible.

Should i forget about the job and return to Lagos jobless, or forget about the masters program? If i do the latter, what about my marriage? I want to make my marriage and masters degree work, with a job to sustain, and assist my family. What do i do now?

Please advise.

(1) (Reply)

Know More About Polyibadan Admission 2010/2011 Registration / Public Notice: Beware Of Icen. / Fee Hike: Unad Students Stone Oni !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.