Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,087 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

Your Job Or Your Part-time Studies Which Will You Choose. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Your Job Or Your Part-time Studies Which Will You Choose. (598 Views)

9 Smart Ways To Say No To Your Boss Without Losing Your Job / 4 Better Ways To Answer "Why Are You Leaving Your Job?" / 11 Signs That You Should Leave Your Job. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Your Job Or Your Part-time Studies Which Will You Choose. by cleversecj: 4:39pm On Jul 20, 2010
I just got this job and at the same time got addmission for part-time studies.

It happened that this versity run their lectures all through the week. Though, it is not convenient for me but i enjoy it because it's like the only opportunity i've got since i finished 4rm secondary school and 4rm college of education. I don't attend lectures  which starts by 4.00pm monday through friday because i close by 5.00pm and i don't take permission to go for lectures, i close the normal time. But i have exams now and my boss is beginning to complain, i promised to resume to office every morning b4 going to the hall, twice in a week, this week and next week.

Though the salary is not up to 40k but i spend btw 500k/600k per day on transportation & feeding but i need this money to support education.
[b][/b]
If the worst come to the worst say my boss ask me to chose between my job and my studies, if you were in my shoe which will you choose.

Please, advice me wisely.
Re: Your Job Or Your Part-time Studies Which Will You Choose. by caticati: 5:01pm On Jul 20, 2010
Try and do both, but sit your boss down, and explan how you feel about the whole thing.

i was once in your shoes, and is still somehow in your shoes.

I was living in Ojo and working in Ajah for just 50K, at the same time, running a masters program in Unilag. I tried to cope, but it was not easy for me. So i missed out a lot of lectures. That is the price you have to pay for working and education at the same time. You can't have it all.

Just have a friend to help you with attendance and the likes, you will be fine.

(1) (Reply)

Ft Recruits / Mass Recruitment Of Marketers In A Media House / Emerson Latest Vacancies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.