Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,550 members, 7,816,336 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:44 AM

First Bank Interveiw- Is Suit Cumpulsory? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / First Bank Interveiw- Is Suit Cumpulsory? (2186 Views)

Federal Ministry Of Health Is Calling For Interveiw / Kebbi State Polytechnic Dakingari Calling For Interveiw. / Bank Interview: Is Suit A Must? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Bank Interveiw- Is Suit Cumpulsory? by kayusman(m): 2:18pm On Apr 10, 2007
Pls i want to know if its cumpulsory to wear a suit for the interveiw/discussion?
Re: First Bank Interveiw- Is Suit Cumpulsory? by stmichaels(m): 2:30pm On Apr 10, 2007
Since its a banking interview i think it is "conservatively" advised u wear a suit with a white(preferred) or Blue (accepteble) shirth
all the best
Re: First Bank Interveiw- Is Suit Cumpulsory? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Apr 10, 2007
Guy, if you don't have a suit just make sure you are well dressed with a tie. simple.
Re: First Bank Interveiw- Is Suit Cumpulsory? by crito(m): 4:22pm On Apr 10, 2007
Guy try wear suit.
Re: First Bank Interveiw- Is Suit Cumpulsory? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Apr 10, 2007
Then for those that do not have suits nko!?Look if you have put it on and if you dont just dress neatly with a tie.
Re: First Bank Interveiw- Is Suit Cumpulsory? by bruce(m): 7:45pm On Apr 10, 2007
You are looking for job in the Banking Industry and you dont have a suit or already thinking of getting one.
They will be looking for any slightest chance to knock you out and that might just be it. Borrow!!!
Re: First Bank Interveiw- Is Suit Cumpulsory? by 40th: 9:20am On Apr 11, 2007
A suit would be IDEAL,but if you don't have one,a shirt and tie will suffice. Most of de candidates I've seen here wore suits and look really smart. A few have just shirts and ties but they're ok. One wore a kaftan yesterday: a real no-no please!
Re: First Bank Interveiw- Is Suit Cumpulsory? by valianty(m): 10:57am On Apr 11, 2007
I think it is wise to dress for where you're going to and not where you're coming from. Please try get a suit for the interview.
Re: First Bank Interveiw- Is Suit Cumpulsory? by spontane(m): 9:13pm On Apr 11, 2007
O boy!Dont listen to em all.U can wear pant if u so desire.Believe me,it gives u an edge.
Re: First Bank Interveiw- Is Suit Cumpulsory? by niyooo(m): 9:44pm On Apr 11, 2007
@ topic,

What the hell kind of question is that? You are going for a Bank interview and don't want to wear a suit? Don't you know marks will be awarded for dressing, composure, appearance and stuff like that? In the Banking industry you are required to wear suit to the office almost everyday cos they expect you to portray the Bank's image well. In fact for any interview it's always advisable to wear a suit. If you don't have and don't have money to buy then please borrow. They don't actually expect you to come with the most expensive suit but please try as much as possible to go with a suit that fits fairly well and is fairly clean.

Best of luck.
Re: First Bank Interveiw- Is Suit Cumpulsory? by chydon(m): 12:41pm On Apr 12, 2007
wearing a suit is ideal but not compulsory, even the workers dont wear suit always.
Re: First Bank Interveiw- Is Suit Cumpulsory? by ninajilly: 1:21pm On Apr 12, 2007
Its necessary to wear suit because that is their dress code.At least you should put on your tie to avoid being embarrassed undecided Its very interesting. Cheers and goodluck
Re: First Bank Interveiw- Is Suit Cumpulsory? by bolzano: 1:23pm On Apr 12, 2007
Please has any one heard from zenith bank for the aptitude test written on the 14th of march? I cant just wait any longer cuz it's taking more than their timing. Someone shd help.
Re: First Bank Interveiw- Is Suit Cumpulsory? by Mishie: 1:31pm On Apr 12, 2007
first and foremost, let me advice the guy to go borrow a suit if there is none. no one would ask you if it is borrowed or not!
secondly, you guys that have been interviewed, pls let us know how the interview went,ok?
thanks y'all.
Re: First Bank Interveiw- Is Suit Cumpulsory? by niyooo(m): 2:26pm On Apr 12, 2007
@ chydon,

The workers may not wear suits everyday but u should allow the guy get the job first, after he gets the job he can decide to dress how he likes based on what he meets wherever he is posted. Whoever is going for the interview should endeavour to get a suit. Good luck to y'all.
Re: First Bank Interveiw- Is Suit Cumpulsory? by nawao(m): 4:31pm On Apr 12, 2007
GUY DON.T KILL YOURSELF IF YOU DONOT HAVE SUIT TO WEAR.FIRSTLY.I HOPE IT AN ENTRY LEVEL POSITION IF IT IS YOU ARE FRESH FROM SCHOOL PRESUMABLY YOU MIGHT NOT HAVE WORK BEFORE,BUT IF ITS FOR EXPERIENCE HIRE IT IS MORE THAN COMPULSORY.
IF YOU DONT HAVE SUIT WEAR A VERY NICE SHIRT AND A MATCHING TIE.I WORK WITH OCEANIC BANK DURING MY INTERVIEW LAST YEAR I WENT WITHOUT SUIT.I STILL GOT THE JOB.MY GUY WENT FOR ZENITH INTERVIEW WITHOUT SUIT,HE NOW WORKS AT ZENITH, EVEN MY OTHER CLASSMATE WITH DIAMOND ABUJA WENT TO THE INTERVIEW WITHOUT SUIT.
GENERALLY SUIT IS GOOD FOR BANK INTERVIEW BUT NOT COMPULSORY.FOR ENTRY LEVEL.
IF YOU MUST BORROW,BORROW A GOOD SUIT.NO GO WEAR KOTSUBLE.I MEAN LANDER BROTHERS COT.
WISH U WELL.CAN REACH ME ON 08035019185.
Re: First Bank Interveiw- Is Suit Cumpulsory? by Mishie: 2:15pm On Apr 13, 2007
guys, please let the house know how the interview went. as in what were the discussions centred on,pls? thanks.
Re: First Bank Interveiw- Is Suit Cumpulsory? by Ewor(m): 4:46pm On Apr 13, 2007
Suit is good. Compulsory? Maybe. I did get a job with Zenith after attending INTERVIEWS without a suit. Truth is I had to explain why I was not putting on a suit.So if you have a suit put it on. If u don't and you are not down with borrowing one, GO SMARTLY DRESSED IN A SHIRT AND TIE. JUST BE CONFIDENT AND HONEST IF THEY ASK U WHY YOU ARE NOT PUTTING ON A SUIT.
Re: First Bank Interveiw- Is Suit Cumpulsory? by SOJ(m): 8:55pm On Apr 13, 2007
No,not if u want d job! angry angry angry
Ofcourse it is!
Re: First Bank Interveiw- Is Suit Cumpulsory? by bigbumper(f): 10:23pm On Apr 14, 2007
The employer would not tell you it is compulsory but it will stand you in good stead. I have gotten three jobs based on my dressing, one of which was at a bank (Nationwide).

I was an usher in church and we had to have suits in different colours. It was the blue one which I could not stand that I wore to the interview. Despite the fact that I got there about an hour late and could not answer most of their questions correctly, I got offered a job at their busiest branch.

The three interviewer were ladies and they knew the job was mine as soon as I walked in, because it was the same colour as their uniform, hence they already had a mental image/picture of me as one of colleagues.
Re: First Bank Interveiw- Is Suit Cumpulsory? by BIKINI(f): 4:19pm On Apr 15, 2007
First u all are shared into a group of six
   . Then you're ushered b/for the panelist, and given a topic to discuss.
topics are  usually comtemporary issues ,like census,election ,sports etc. u can agree or disegree . @ watever u say try not 2 rush because u might start to stutter, give your reasons  4 watever stand u take if there's enough time.
  Don't try to dominate the discussion because what they really want 2 see is your team spirit,  What follows next is a personal meeting with the panelists .@ this level , it's every man to himself. u go answer your papa name

Make sure d dates  on cv tally. find out about their products (Ufirst,glofirst,firstcash etc),directors,ceo&chairman etc.dress neatly .try 2 obey the usual etiquette of a proper interview , ie be @ ur best behaviour if possible (courteous,smart etc ) .
P/S
4 d suit stuff some people came without them.

ONE LOVE
Re: First Bank Interveiw- Is Suit Cumpulsory? by abdulkadir(m): 8:33pm On Apr 15, 2007
40th, i dont know where you had your interview but as for 1st ban i know they dont dictate to you what to wear b4 they employ you, when you put on kaftan make sure u put a cap and shoe not slippers, i was with them from last year i just left in february and i went to the interview with a kaftan, amyway i wish you guys all the best, just be your self and be confident not arogant

(1) (Reply)

Ist Inland ,ecobank / Recruitment At Etisalat / Gtb Recruitment Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.