Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,591 members, 7,861,812 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 08:03 PM

Younger Men No Gree Me Rest O - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Younger Men No Gree Me Rest O (989 Views)

Lesbians Wouldn’t Let Me Rest On Facebook – Ella Mensah / Men Are Stalking Me And Won't Let Me Rest-Omotola / Women Won't Let Me Rest - Benedict Johnson (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Younger Men No Gree Me Rest O by AloyEmeka8: 12:56am On Jul 21, 2010
[size=14pt]Se/xual Advances From Younger Men Are Too Much - Rachael Oniga[/size]
Source: NigerianTribune

Rachael Oniga is one of the crossover actresses who has adapted easily and made name for herself. She speaks with Adunola Fasuyi on her life and other issues. Excerpts:

You once said you were a tomboy in your childhood days. Tell us more about this?

I was born in Lagos, grew up in Lagos and I am still living in Lagos. Though, I am from Delta, but I see myself more as a Lagosian than a Deltan. I had my primary school education in Abule-Oja in Lagos. My friends were boys, I rolled, played, climbed trees, fought and did everything with boys. Then I saw myself more as a boy than a girl. When I look back, I just wonder what kind of a child I was. So, my father thought he had to slow me down because, to him, it was not lady-like.
Because of this, he withdrew me from Lagos and took me to Edo State to complete my secondary education. I was out of Lagos for five years. To me then, it was wickedness and punishment, which I never deserved. Though, I managed to pass out with good grades, I never liked the experience, it was like taking out my soul from me.
It was a terrible experience for me and I never really forgave him for that singular action. Though he meant well for me, but it was devastating to me.

Did it affect you in anyway, maybe your education, relationship with people and all that?

Of course, it affected me. Though, I passed out with good grades, I felt I could have been a better person if I was left to be myself afterall. My relationship with the boys didn’t affect me academically. You know that your childhood friends are your true, real, loyal and sincere friends. The relationship is not conditional, it is just genuine. As a child, that innocence is there, so the friendship is usually heartfelt. My father’s action cut me off from my true, original friends with unconditional love of a child. However, thank God for Facebook, which can connect you to people worldwide, I have been able to hook up with some of my childhood friends through Facebook.

Did you let your dad realise this and did you forgive him?

Of course, I let him realise the pain he caused me before he died. I would say I tried to forgive him, in fact, I don’t want to discuss it again because it pains me. I am only saying it because I want to tell parents out there that it is important you consult with your kids and be friends with them, try to really know them and listen to them because decisions you take for them while young can have a lasting effect on them.

Can you speak your local dialect?

Oh, yes I can. When we were growing up, we spoke English language and my dad was a strict person, but once in a while, my mum spoke our dialect to us. So, from that, I picked and can speak my local dialect.

Was your family a large one?

Well, not really, because we were six, but we lost one, leaving five of us. And I am the second in the family.

How would you describe yourself?

I am a very private and homely person. That is not to say that I do not enjoy parties, but I select the type of parties and events I attend. I would say I am a very hardworking woman. I am sociable, friendly, a good listener and that is why my children and I are friends, we relate very well, not just as parent/child, but as friends. We play together and do things together.
They teach me current and reigning dance steps, because they know I love dancing. We discuss fashion together too, I know what is in vogue through them, they learn from me and I learn from them too. I hear them out, get their opinions on something before I decide because I don’t want to repeat the mistake of my dad. One thing again that most people don’t know about me is that I am a chief of Ile-Ife.

[img]http://tribunengrworld.com/9f0e19345db89cd872a529bc69421db2.large[/img]
Rachel Oniga

The Ooni of Ife, Oba Okunade Sijuwade, bestowed on me the title of Yeye Amuludun of the Source. That is to show you that even though, I am a born Deltan, I see myself more as a Yoruba and I am happy that the Yoruba appreciate me and that is why I have that title.

How do you combine acting with the home front?

Well, I thank God for giving me nice children. It has not been very easy, I must confess. I had to put them in boarding schools as early as seven years because the job is really tasking and time consuming and I needed to work very hard to give them the best since their father was not there for them. I just give glory to God because it is a calling. But anytime they are around, I try to give them ample time, get to know them, play together and be their friend. We are good friends and now, they are grown-ups in the universities.

You must be very lonely as a widow. How do you cope with the loneliness and single parenthood?

Though, I am widowed now, for so many years, I have been separated from my husband, so I have been a widow and a single parent for almost 18 years now.
The fact of being a single parent is the more reason why I had to work very, very hard. Agreed, there are lonely periods, but I get busy with my job. Ordinarily, wives and hubbies should be together, but for me, I have been like this for close to 18 years. I am used to it, but I still thank God for my lovely kids.

You are a beautiful woman, how do you handle advances from men? Do you have plans to remarry?

As for the men, I simply appreciate them and thank them, but its not strange to me because as I said, I am used to men. In fact, I have more of male friends than females. Without sounding immodest, the pressure from men is much, even younger guys make advances at me, but I handle them maturely as friends. On marriage, I cannot really say, but God knows best and He alone knows the future of everybody.

http://tribunengrworld.com/253778142/sexual-advances-from-younger-men-are-too-much-rach.htm
Re: Younger Men No Gree Me Rest O by Nobody: 12:57am On Jul 21, 2010
This chick is so ugly.

I cant stand her in movies. ugh.

Who is even giving her time?
Re: Younger Men No Gree Me Rest O by nellaluv(f): 1:13am On Jul 21, 2010
Nice interview. Even from her movies you will know she's a tomboy, she no send you.
Re: Younger Men No Gree Me Rest O by AloyEmeka8: 1:23am On Jul 21, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

This chick is so ugly.

She is over 50, what is so ugly about her?
Re: Younger Men No Gree Me Rest O by bawomolo(m): 3:00am On Jul 21, 2010
pukes
Re: Younger Men No Gree Me Rest O by aieromon(m): 3:05am On Jul 21, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

This chick is so ugly.

You won my crap post of the day.Yeay undecided undecided
Re: Younger Men No Gree Me Rest O by Nobody: 3:07am On Jul 21, 2010
aieromon:

You won my crap post of the day.Yeay undecided undecided
yaay!
Re: Younger Men No Gree Me Rest O by AloyEmeka8: 1:51pm On Jul 21, 2010
bawomolo:

pukes

You no like her?. She is a celebrity cougar o.
Re: Younger Men No Gree Me Rest O by spikedcylinder: 2:12pm On Jul 21, 2010
Huh oh. Our very own Naija cougar.
Re: Younger Men No Gree Me Rest O by Spyker: 4:50pm On Jul 21, 2010
See old woman wan spoil young men name. Chei,
Rachel, abeg comot there make we see fine small girls

(1) (Reply)

Unroyal Wedding / Beyonce Writes A Letter To Michelle Obama For Being An Inspiration For Blue Ivy / Tonto Dikeh Kinda Apologizes To Yvonne Nelson For Stealing Her Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.