Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,719 members, 7,820,505 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:07 PM

Forging Documents For UK Visa Application Attracts 10-year Ban - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Forging Documents For UK Visa Application Attracts 10-year Ban (693 Views)

10-Year-Old Girl Killed By Ekod Koko Dan, A Bank Manager (Pictures) / UAE Announces 10-year Golden Visa Approval For Professionals / 10-Year-Old Boy Drowns In Kano Italian Pond While Bathing; Body Recovered (Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Forging Documents For UK Visa Application Attracts 10-year Ban by sunky97: 8:18pm On Nov 04, 2018
The outgoing British High Commissioner to Nigeria, Mr. Paul Arkwright, has cautioned Nigerians seeking visas to the UK to avoid presenting forged documents.

Speaking with the News Agency of Nigeria in Abuja, Arkwright warned that anyone caught flouting the rule would be denied entry into the UK for at least 10 years.

“I know there is a feeling in Nigeria that we refuse visas more often than we accept them. That is not the case.

“We are not trying to keep Nigerians out; but it is important Nigerians stick to the rules when they are there in the same way that you in Nigeria would expect British people to obey the rules here.

“Sadly, there are a few Nigerians who provide forged documents. We know when a document is forged and that is an automatic 10-year ban.”

According to the envoy, Nigerians are welcome in the UK, as some Nigerians living there are making very serious contributions to the British economy and other sectors.

He said that the British High Commission received about 80, 000 visa applications annually, adding that about 70 per cent of those applications were successful.

He said that 90 per cent of visa applications were from students wanting to study in the UK.

Arkwright further advised those seeking visas to apply “in good time’’ and also ensure they have the required documents ready.

He stressed that it was important for an applicant to have sufficient funds in their bank accounts which should have been in the account for a minimum of 28 days.

The British High Commissioner noted that the visa application was an online process and the High Commission was “working hard to streamline the process’’.
http://tellmystory.com.ng/forging-documents-for-uk-visa-application-attracts-10-year-ban-high-commissioner/

Re: Forging Documents For UK Visa Application Attracts 10-year Ban by ehhmah(m): 8:20pm On Nov 04, 2018
tongue
Re: Forging Documents For UK Visa Application Attracts 10-year Ban by matuskyoo7(m): 9:07pm On Nov 04, 2018
Gbesa
Re: Forging Documents For UK Visa Application Attracts 10-year Ban by arro: 1:12am On Nov 05, 2018
I had my UK visa April 2018 and it was to expire 31 Oct 2018, but I eventually entered UK 1st of Oct 2018, left UK 14th 2018, now I want to renew and I want to apply for my wife and my daughter, I need advice please, should I apply 2yrs for my self will I apply 6months for the rest of the family, since this will the their first application.
Re: Forging Documents For UK Visa Application Attracts 10-year Ban by Yakay: 6:56pm On Nov 05, 2018
arro:
I had my UK visa April 2018 and it was to expire 31 Oct 2018, but I eventually entered UK 1st of Oct 2018, left UK 14th 2018, now I want to renew and I want to apply for my wife and my daughter, I need advice please, should I apply 2yrs for my self will I apply 6months for the rest of the family, since this will the their first application.

yes, you can not apply for more than 6 months for them...you can only do that for yourself.

1 Like

Re: Forging Documents For UK Visa Application Attracts 10-year Ban by madamgrace: 7:59pm On Nov 05, 2018
arro:
U should

(1) (Reply)

Turkish Tourist Visa / Police Character Certificate / Lady Alerts About A Driver Who Was Pleasuring Himself When She Boarded A Bus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.