Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,876 members, 7,817,581 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

Olawepo-hashim Unveils Blueprint, Scores APC Low On Economy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Olawepo-hashim Unveils Blueprint, Scores APC Low On Economy (4241 Views)

Osinbajo Scores APC High In Infrastructure, Others / CBN Unveils Blueprint To Prevent Bad Loans / COVID-19: My Position On Economy Misreported – Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Olawepo-hashim Unveils Blueprint, Scores APC Low On Economy by bilms(m): 10:57am On Nov 05, 2018
Olawepo-Hashim Unveils Blueprint, Scores APC Low On Economy
https://leadership.ng/2018/11/05/olawepo-hashim-unveils-blueprint-scores-apc-low-on-economy/

The presidential candidate of the People’s Trust un the 2019 election , Mr. Gbenga Olawepo-Hashim, is unimpressed with the economic management style of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), which he claimed had led to widespread poverty amongst Nigerians.

He regretted that “APC’s woeful failure has put 88 million Nigerians into acute poverty while 1.1million got into that bracket in the last four months despite relatively high oil price.”

In an interactive session with journalists at the weekend in Abuja, the presidential candidate said that Nigerians were getting poorer because of the poor economic management strategy of the APC government, adding that “even though Nigeria was not a prosperous economy when President Muhammadu Buhari assumed office, the economy has become worse.”

The cerebral politician said that the recent revelation by the Brooklyn Institute that 88 million Nigerians now live under acute poverty was disappointing, especially that a new one million Nigerians moved into the poverty bracket within the last four months.

Olawepo-Hashim noted that the data from youth unemployment, job losses seems like the APC had a “covenant with poverty and misery. There is no reason for this when oil prices is high.”

He vowed to cut down acute poverty by half in the country within five years of his election as president and commander-in-chief, and also set the nation’s economy on the path of modernisation and all-round development.

Olawepo-Hashim said: “Our new Nigerian Economic Development plan will create $4 trillion Gross Domestic Product (GDP) in 10 years by the grace of God. We target to net five percent of global infrastructure funds in 10 years by removing obstacles to investments and rapidly increase the ease of doing business in Nigeria.

“We will promote an innovative economy by protecting proprietary rights of innovators and the sanctity of agreement. We will integrate agriculture, solid mineral sector with industries and increase manufacturing share of the GDP to 40 percent and then tackle unemployment through industry-based jobs,” he said.

According to him, “the transformation of Nigeria’s economy from a poor 510 billion economy to a $4 trillion economy within 10 years, the reduction in poverty and the restoration of peace, unity and stability in Nigeria, a country that the ruling party has badly mismanaged remain my mission.

“I am therefore better placed to bring the country back together. I am most assured I can get the job done given my record of accomplishment,” he said, adding that “I will restructure the economy from a dependent one to a self-reliant economy by investing in iron and steel, research and development, and in other critical sectors,” he said.

These critical sectors, he would pursue include “chemical and machine tools, so as to generate the production of capital goods, local capital and to bring in prosperity, through the needed multipliers.”

The business mogul with substantial interest in oil exploration and energy generation further promised to implement a New Economic Development Programme (NEDP) which will lead to the expansion of Nigeria’s GDP.

Besides, the NEDP will also increase the Per Capital Income (PCI) of the average Nigerian to between $16,000 and $18,000 within 10 years as well. This, to him, will make Nigeria to be at par with middle-income countries such as Malaysia, with whom “we had comparable income level at independence.”

The politician said that NEDP would target an estimated $2 trillion into infrastructure within 10 years and create jobs from manufacturing, industrialisation, and link up industries with solid minerals and the agricultural sector.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olawepo-hashim Unveils Blueprint, Scores APC Low On Economy by ottohan: 11:18am On Nov 05, 2018
FTC ...
How does it work here?

1 Like

Re: Olawepo-hashim Unveils Blueprint, Scores APC Low On Economy by drey076(m): 11:18am On Nov 05, 2018
yawn
Re: Olawepo-hashim Unveils Blueprint, Scores APC Low On Economy by somito121(m): 11:18am On Nov 05, 2018
J
Re: Olawepo-hashim Unveils Blueprint, Scores APC Low On Economy by Jeel: 11:18am On Nov 05, 2018
Bright mind but I feel he should work with Atiku's economic team

3 Likes

Re: Olawepo-hashim Unveils Blueprint, Scores APC Low On Economy by blowjob: 11:18am On Nov 05, 2018
GOD BLESS AND PROTECT BUHARI..

VOTE BUHARI..
Re: Olawepo-hashim Unveils Blueprint, Scores APC Low On Economy by somito121(m): 11:18am On Nov 05, 2018
APC = DISASTER

4 Likes

Re: Olawepo-hashim Unveils Blueprint, Scores APC Low On Economy by Skepticus: 11:18am On Nov 05, 2018
cool
Re: Olawepo-hashim Unveils Blueprint, Scores APC Low On Economy by nairaman66(m): 11:18am On Nov 05, 2018
APC is low on all fronts!!

4 Likes

Re: Olawepo-hashim Unveils Blueprint, Scores APC Low On Economy by sotall(m): 11:19am On Nov 05, 2018
Ok
Re: Olawepo-hashim Unveils Blueprint, Scores APC Low On Economy by Arabique: 11:20am On Nov 05, 2018
ouiytr`
Re: Olawepo-hashim Unveils Blueprint, Scores APC Low On Economy by Starboytwo(m): 11:21am On Nov 05, 2018
I like Atiku personally and I had plan to vote for him(not because I think he is the messiah, but because I'd vote a
100 naira bread instead of Buhari, besides I believe he'd be a better alternative) but this Olawepo hashim nigga been lurking in my radar and I starting to like him Gan.... He seems to have this in your face approach and I always like that style....

Maybe, just maybe.... Hmmmm Lets keep watching...
Re: Olawepo-hashim Unveils Blueprint, Scores APC Low On Economy by henchamb(m): 11:22am On Nov 05, 2018
It seems this guy has paid his nairaland dues. Hardly a day without 3 of his message on nairaland.
Outside Here we don't know him

2 Likes

Re: Olawepo-hashim Unveils Blueprint, Scores APC Low On Economy by lawerences: 11:26am On Nov 05, 2018
APC economy
Re: Olawepo-hashim Unveils Blueprint, Scores APC Low On Economy by Ventura1: 11:30am On Nov 05, 2018
All these other candidates are behind Sowore. Sowore ambition is fueled by genuine interest and anger against oppression and the failed status quo in government, this is why he way ahead of other.

3 Likes

Re: Olawepo-hashim Unveils Blueprint, Scores APC Low On Economy by bilms(m): 11:34am On Nov 05, 2018
Gohashim2019

2 Likes

Re: Olawepo-hashim Unveils Blueprint, Scores APC Low On Economy by Carlyscales: 11:38am On Nov 05, 2018
Aiit
Re: Olawepo-hashim Unveils Blueprint, Scores APC Low On Economy by Nbote(m): 11:52am On Nov 05, 2018
Everyone but zoneBs and d govt agrees dat d economy is bad... D govt wants U to believe it is only d PDP dat is complaining of d economy while ZonBs want U to believe it is only Igbos dat are complaining

1 Like

Re: Olawepo-hashim Unveils Blueprint, Scores APC Low On Economy by haconjy(m): 11:55am On Nov 05, 2018
I see
Re: Olawepo-hashim Unveils Blueprint, Scores APC Low On Economy by KingAzari: 12:00pm On Nov 05, 2018
Hypocrisy is when you are drumming for 10 years economic recovery plan but blame an administration that is less than 4 years in power.

Re: Olawepo-hashim Unveils Blueprint, Scores APC Low On Economy by Angelcoco: 12:08pm On Nov 05, 2018
daddy
Re: Olawepo-hashim Unveils Blueprint, Scores APC Low On Economy by RemiOAjayi: 12:11pm On Nov 05, 2018
The best opportunity to redeem our country is now, by voting a brand new person who has never been in power or return APC to power. if APC is returned to power, we would have succeeded in ending political career of PDP thieves, we would then wait for APC to return power to new generations guys. i know those who are reasonable will agree but those blinded by hates and unable to think independently will attack.
Re: Olawepo-hashim Unveils Blueprint, Scores APC Low On Economy by brickswrites: 12:32pm On Nov 05, 2018
Starboytwo:
I like Atiku personally and I had plan to vote for him(not because I think he is the messiah, but because I'd vote a
100 naira bread instead of Buhari, besides I believe he'd be a better alternative) but this Olawepo hashim nigga been lurking in my radar and I starting to like him Gan.... He seems to have this in your face approach and I always like that style....

he is a good brain that the youth need to support massively and lets #StopRecyclingLeaders so #NigeriaGOHBetter

Re: Olawepo-hashim Unveils Blueprint, Scores APC Low On Economy by bilms(m): 1:31pm On Nov 05, 2018
tongue
Re: Olawepo-hashim Unveils Blueprint, Scores APC Low On Economy by ttmax09(m): 1:44pm On Nov 05, 2018
Starboytwo:

Abeg no go throway vote o only atiku can defeat buhari as it stands.

1 Like

Re: Olawepo-hashim Unveils Blueprint, Scores APC Low On Economy by KingRagnar: 3:27pm On Nov 05, 2018
Like his view matters, like the scorecard matters, like it will cause a major pandemonium in the country; it has no relevance and you Hashim, cannot defeat PMB in 2019.
Re: Olawepo-hashim Unveils Blueprint, Scores APC Low On Economy by bilms(m): 10:13am On Nov 06, 2018
KingRagnar:
Like his view matters, like the scorecard matters, like it will cause a major pandemonium in the country; it has no relevance and you Hashim, cannot defeat PMB in 2019.

Buhari is now history. Hashim is the man

(1) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Snaps With Biafra National Guard Throwback VIDEO in 2017 / Conduct Referendum For Biafrans- India PM Tells UN General Assembly / Obidient Northern Muslim Donate Mats To Muslims(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.