Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,301 members, 7,954,196 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:01 PM

'Obasanjo May Withdraw His Support For Atiku' - Anthony Sani - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'Obasanjo May Withdraw His Support For Atiku' - Anthony Sani (20754 Views)

Anthony Sani Attacks Nnamdi Kanu Over Creation Of Eastern Security Network / Anthony Sani: Choose Between Biafra & Igbo Presidency: Arewa Group To Southeast / Anthony Sani Blasts Obasanjo, Speaks On North Voting For Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Obasanjo May Withdraw His Support For Atiku' - Anthony Sani by BeautifulMind2: 12:31pm On Nov 05, 2018
stephanie11:
POLITICSNGR

The Arewa Consultative Forum(ACF) has disclosed that Forer president, Olusegun Obasanjo may withdraw his support for the PDP presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar before the 2019 elections, PoliticsNGR has learned.

Secretary-General of the forum, Anthony Sani  told Independent on Sunday;

“Former President Obasanjo is a factor in national politics having governed the country under both military and democracy. His commitment to one united Nigeria cannot be taken away from him, but whether such attributes can translate into electoral value is in doubt. More so that Obasanjo has been a product beyond himself.

“When the late Murtala Muhammed was assassinated in 1976, the military hierarchy at that time asked Obasanjo to take over as Head of State.

“It was not his efforts that got him the position. Also in 1999, the retired Generals and Northern leaders went and brought him out and made him the president. These are not his personal efforts. So, Obasanjo is a product of forces beyond him.”

He pointed out that despite Obasanjo's endorsement, the Atiku camp is not rejoicing yet because the former could change his mind at any moment.

“As to whether Nigerians will pander to the former president’s endorsement of the presidential candidate of the main opposition party is also in doubt, precisely because of his inconsistency that does not accommodate conviction and vision expected of a statesman of his status.

“Consider the former president tore his party card of PDP and wrote off both APC and PDP as unserviceable. He then formed a nonpartisan Coalition Movement which he later transmuted to a political party called ADC against his earlier ‘new year resolution’ not to be partisan.

“Former President Obasanjo said God would not forgive him if he endorsed his former VP for president, only for him to now leave his ADC and endorse Atiku.

“I believe not only Nigerians but even Atiku himself cannot bask in the glow of the endorsement by Obasanjo out of the fear that the manifest inconsistency can make him change his mind before the elections,” he said.

https://politicsngr.com/breaking-obasanjo-may-withdraw-support-atiku-reasons/
Secretary-General of the forum, Anthony Sani should stop fooling himself by attacking OBJ his members has distance themselves from his attack on Obasanjo

Re: 'Obasanjo May Withdraw His Support For Atiku' - Anthony Sani by Macmoni(m): 12:31pm On Nov 05, 2018
Jn
Re: 'Obasanjo May Withdraw His Support For Atiku' - Anthony Sani by INTEGRITYA1(m): 12:35pm On Nov 05, 2018
gaby:
An egoistic megalomaniac who also exhibits strong traits of narcissistic personality disorder, always craving attention and wants to be the one-stop shop for all in obeisance and adoration.

Kapish

Where have you been boss, it's been a while.
Re: 'Obasanjo May Withdraw His Support For Atiku' - Anthony Sani by magzey: 12:36pm On Nov 05, 2018
But Obj why now,? So no Atiku looting again.? grin grin

Re: 'Obasanjo May Withdraw His Support For Atiku' - Anthony Sani by Bizibi(m): 12:37pm On Nov 05, 2018
He may or he will,abeg you people should not listen to em oooo.....politics is a game that is so unpredictable.
Re: 'Obasanjo May Withdraw His Support For Atiku' - Anthony Sani by tete7000(m): 12:39pm On Nov 05, 2018
gaby:
An egoistic megalomaniac who also exhibits strong traits of narcissistic personality disorder, always craving attention and wants to be the one-stop shop for all in obeisance and adoration.

Kapish

With all these grammar, you don kill Obasanjo finish grin
Re: 'Obasanjo May Withdraw His Support For Atiku' - Anthony Sani by Boyooosa(m): 12:41pm On Nov 05, 2018
Truth.
Re: 'Obasanjo May Withdraw His Support For Atiku' - Anthony Sani by Ategberoson(m): 12:43pm On Nov 05, 2018
kidman96:
Obasanjo is a typical Yoruba man... Never to be trusted.

No offense to my Yoruba brothers but I have been in Lagos since 2012, and having live in the north and spent majority of my childhood and teenage and early adult years with people of other tribes especially igbis and deltans I can confidently tell you that the Yoruba's are the most unstraight forward people in Nigeria. They are never straight toward of plain. Trusting a Yoruba man is the biggest mistake anyone can ever make.

Once again I am not being tribalistic

you've been out of your village for more than 13yrs according to you but yet you don't have sense

tell me why your region is lacking behind in national politics if not because of you people naive perception and emotions attached to politics

guess what played out btw el rufai and shehu sani was a straightforward scenario? you people with little sense needs to understand politics is about self interest

as you Igbo are fighting for domination in politics other tribe are fighting theirs too. when your people are expected to infiltrate national politics you were crying of marginalisation as if politics is an inheritance

until you Igbo understand politics before you will have the sense that, non straightforwardness, cunning, pretence and others can't do away with politics

even Niccolo Machiavelli expressed it straight that "the best way to practice politics is to practice it in the state of pretence. stop disgracing your lineage here

2 Likes

Re: 'Obasanjo May Withdraw His Support For Atiku' - Anthony Sani by jaxxy(m): 12:44pm On Nov 05, 2018
Obasanjo seems inconsistent because Nigeria’s politics/politicians are growing and also inconsistent. Baba himself firm on his belief and not inconsistent with his principles.
Re: 'Obasanjo May Withdraw His Support For Atiku' - Anthony Sani by Nobody: 12:46pm On Nov 05, 2018
KrystalConnect:
Obasanjo, Atiku, Obi..... They are all mad.
yes my brother I agree including Buhari, Tinubu, rochas etc
Re: 'Obasanjo May Withdraw His Support For Atiku' - Anthony Sani by SEGLIZ: 12:57pm On Nov 05, 2018
bluecircle470:

Which candidate do you want him to present you with, if he does that, what u guys will be saying is that he’s trying to foist a candidate he can control himself. The inconsistency among Nigerians is our greatest undoing.

when you guys read,do so to understand not to attack. when a man tell you he endorses or support someone openly what does that means? not until he bring one individual out all by himself - no. he endorsed gej we had the result, pmb also it's result are here, now he's endorsed atiku with track record even he person has condemned this same, funny enough he is always the first to come to criticise them openly probably to quickly exonerate himself. I know you are well learned and exposed so should understand my position, I don't need baba to present a candidate before I can decide my choice during election but the truth is this men are very influential that we have fellows that are ready to dance their way into fire if this one's tell them to just because they strongly believe in them. this is what I'm trying to say at least support a credible candidate, their choice always mislead their followers, nothing more..
Re: 'Obasanjo May Withdraw His Support For Atiku' - Anthony Sani by bluecircle470: 1:04pm On Nov 05, 2018
SEGLIZ:

when you guys read to understand not to attack. when a man tell you he endorses or support someone openly what does that means? not until bring one individual out all by himself - no. he endorsed gej we had the result, pmb also it's result are here, now he's endorsed atiku with track record even he person has condemned this same, funny enough he is always the first to come to criticise them openly probably to quickly exonerate himself. I know you are well learned and exposed so should understand my my position, I don't need baba to present a candidate before I can decide my choice during election but the truth is this men are very influential that we have fellows that are ready to dance their way into fire if this one's tell them to just because they strongly believe in them. this is what I'm trying to say nothing more..

Okay but i am not reading ur epistles
Re: 'Obasanjo May Withdraw His Support For Atiku' - Anthony Sani by SEGLIZ: 1:09pm On Nov 05, 2018
bluecircle470:

Okay but i am not reading ur epistles

why? can't stop laughing. well didn't attack you in that epistle, I only made point clearer for better understanding.
Re: 'Obasanjo May Withdraw His Support For Atiku' - Anthony Sani by gaby(m): 1:18pm On Nov 05, 2018
INTEGRITYA1:

Where have you been boss, it's been a while.

Uncleeee...no mind the mods. They'd usually log in with alternate monikers to rile one up without any provocations and when you give it back to them they'd go banning you. I don't blame them at all because this is the only place they can feel and exercise power.

1 Like

Re: 'Obasanjo May Withdraw His Support For Atiku' - Anthony Sani by gaby(m): 1:23pm On Nov 05, 2018
tete7000:

With all these grammar, you don kill Obasanjo finish grin

No mind me joor...dem dey use us play kalo kalo and okoso

1 Like

Re: 'Obasanjo May Withdraw His Support For Atiku' - Anthony Sani by donqx: 1:26pm On Nov 05, 2018
smiley
Re: 'Obasanjo May Withdraw His Support For Atiku' - Anthony Sani by Nobody: 1:44pm On Nov 05, 2018
stephanie11:
POLITICSNGR

The Arewa Consultative Forum(ACF) has disclosed that Forer president, Olusegun Obasanjo may withdraw his support for the PDP presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar before the 2019 elections, PoliticsNGR has learned.

“Former President Obasanjo is a factor in national politics having governed the country under both military and democracy. His commitment to one united Nigeria cannot be taken away from him, but whether such attributes can translate into electoral value is in doubt. More so that Obasanjo has been a product beyond himself.

“When the late Murtala Muhammed was assassinated in 1976, the military hierarchy at that time asked Obasanjo to take over as Head of State.

“It was not his efforts that got him the position. Also in 1999, the retired Generals and Northern leaders went and brought him out and made him the president. These are not his personal efforts. So, Obasanjo is a product of forces beyond him.”

He pointed out that despite Obasanjo's endorsement, the Atiku camp is not rejoicing yet because the former could change his mind at any moment.

“As to whether Nigerians will pander to the former president’s endorsement of the presidential candidate of the main opposition party is also in doubt, precisely because of his inconsistency that does not accommodate conviction and vision expected of a statesman of his status.

“Consider the former president tore his party card of PDP and wrote off both APC and PDP as unserviceable. He then formed a nonpartisan Coalition Movement which he later transmuted to a political party called ADC against his earlier ‘new year resolution’ not to be partisan.

“Former President Obasanjo said God would not forgive him if he endorsed his former VP for president, only for him to now leave his ADC and endorse Atiku.

“I believe not only Nigerians but even Atiku himself cannot bask in the glow of the endorsement by Obasanjo out of the fear that the manifest inconsistency can make him change his mind before the elections,” he said.

APC n propaganda.
Re: 'Obasanjo May Withdraw His Support For Atiku' - Anthony Sani by blackmercyvelli(m): 1:54pm On Nov 05, 2018
OBASANJE OR OBASANJO YOU CAN'T STOP BUBU 2019
Re: 'Obasanjo May Withdraw His Support For Atiku' - Anthony Sani by KanwuliaExtra: 1:57pm On Nov 05, 2018
OBJ is not relevant in 2019 pseudo-election process in Nigeria please.

Of what use is he? undecided
All that is needed is for him to shut his double-talking mouth.
Simple. kiss
Re: 'Obasanjo May Withdraw His Support For Atiku' - Anthony Sani by matrixme(m): 2:46pm On Nov 05, 2018
kidman96:
Obasanjo is a typical Yoruba man... Never to be trusted.

No offense to my Yoruba brothers but I have been in Lagos since 2012, and having live in the north and spent majority of my childhood and teenage and early adult years with people of other tribes especially igbis and deltans I can confidently tell you that the Yoruba's are the most unstraight forward people in Nigeria. They are never straight toward of plain. Trusting a Yoruba man is the biggest mistake anyone can ever make.

Once again I am not being tribalistic
shebi it is as a result of trust that you've left your village people and got stranded in Lagos since 2012, like a spirit that has been denied access to the afterlife. So Obasanjo is the model of every Yoruba person abi?
Nonsense. Next!!!

1 Like

Re: 'Obasanjo May Withdraw His Support For Atiku' - Anthony Sani by senatordave1(m): 2:47pm On Nov 05, 2018
Munzy14:
BMC an orgasm news loadingg......hahahaha
keep deceiving urselves.
When did your madam sack you?
Re: 'Obasanjo May Withdraw His Support For Atiku' - Anthony Sani by INTEGRITYA1(m): 3:00pm On Nov 05, 2018
gaby:

Uncleeee...no mind the mods. They'd usually log in with alternate monikers to rile one up without any provocations and when you give it back to them they'd go banning you. I don't blame them at all because this is the only place they can feel and exercise power.

No wonder, I suspect something must have happened.
Re: 'Obasanjo May Withdraw His Support For Atiku' - Anthony Sani by Belluchii: 3:02pm On Nov 05, 2018
Anybody that has the interest of this country at heart will never support Atiku over the working president, because voting for him is like dragging Nigeria back to where it used to be.
Re: 'Obasanjo May Withdraw His Support For Atiku' - Anthony Sani by Munzy14(m): 3:29pm On Nov 05, 2018
senatordave1:
When did your madam sack you?
No time for riffraffs.
Re: 'Obasanjo May Withdraw His Support For Atiku' - Anthony Sani by KingRagnar: 3:33pm On Nov 05, 2018
He never truly supported or endorsed Atiku, not after saying God will not forgive him if he ever supports Atiku and then suddenly, declares support for him (Atiku), it shows that there was some underground agreement that got OBJ to publicly support Atiku, one I feel is financial based. So if he withdraw his supports, it won't be surprising, there are some scars money cannot erase
Re: 'Obasanjo May Withdraw His Support For Atiku' - Anthony Sani by yinnyme(m): 3:36pm On Nov 05, 2018
stephanie11:
POLITICSNGR

“Former President Obasanjo is a factor in national politics having governed the country under both military and democracy. His commitment to one united Nigeria cannot be taken away from him, but whether such attributes can translate into electoral value is in doubt. More so that Obasanjo has been a product beyond himself

If this Baba could just throw his what left weight behind one of these Youths he would have written his name in gold even if the youth did not win.
Re: 'Obasanjo May Withdraw His Support For Atiku' - Anthony Sani by bluecircle470: 5:00pm On Nov 05, 2018
SEGLIZ:

why? can't stop laughing. well didn't attack you in that epistle, I only made point clearer for better understanding.

I am not even talking of attacking. Here i am at work tho...

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Majority Of APC Senators Support Lawan’s Recommendation As Senate President / Rhodes-Vivour: Some Supreme Court Decisions Don't Make Sense Anymore / INEC Declares APC's Benjamin Kalu Re-Elected For Bende Fed Constituency, Abia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.