Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:49 AM

Lace Wigs***what's The Biggie? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Lace Wigs***what's The Biggie? (1802 Views)

Wow! Men Now Wear Lace Wigs Too (photos) / Several Types Of Lace Wigs / Where Do I Buy Lace Wigs In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lace Wigs***what's The Biggie? by DoubleN(m): 9:27am On Jul 21, 2010
I was talking to a colleague today and he told me how his wife craves for this lace wig.On Inquiry i found out that in Yaba, such wigs go for between 20,000-100,000!!!I am like WTF for a Wig? shocked shocked Abeg women in the house i need you opinion on this.
Re: Lace Wigs***what's The Biggie? by browncocos(f): 1:53pm On Jul 21, 2010
i wish i knew what the craze is for?
the prices are just outrageous IMHO
but if properly worn ,you just cannot tell if its the wearers hair or a wig
thats what differentiates it from the regular cheap wigs plus its 100%human hair
you can color,wash,roll,cut it pretty much do anything you can do to your own hair
thereby personalising it
Re: Lace Wigs***what's The Biggie? by InkedNerd(f): 9:30pm On Jul 21, 2010
Those contraptions are a WASTE of money. Why the f**k would I want to glue a damn wig to my head when I have hair of my own!?! Like I said in another thread, I would RATHER walk around bald than to put on one of those contraptions grin. They're so noticeable and fake looking tongue
Re: Lace Wigs***what's The Biggie? by NaijaSisi(f): 9:31pm On Jul 21, 2010
^^^ is tru most em look fake, tho there are a few which do look real enough
Re: Lace Wigs***what's The Biggie? by InkedNerd(f): 10:00pm On Jul 21, 2010
I agree, there are those that look real but for the most part they look fake.
Re: Lace Wigs***what's The Biggie? by Sissy3(f): 11:22pm On Jul 21, 2010
its more than a wig for some tongue
Re: Lace Wigs***what's The Biggie? by InkedNerd(f): 11:39pm On Jul 21, 2010
~Sissy~:

its more than a wig for some tongue

Yup, for some people its a lifestyle. I know a girl that has a whole collection of lace front wigs. Its ridiculous, the girls got enough wigs to make Cher, Tina Turner, Beyonce, [and even some drag queens] jealous. And what baffles me is the way she wears them with pride. Its not like we can't tell that they're fake. I can't stop laughing when I see her because she's practically bald underneath those damn things grin & sad
Re: Lace Wigs***what's The Biggie? by iice(f): 4:30am On Jul 22, 2010
If you can afford it, its all good. But if you're gonna twist over backwards and then sideways to get it. . .please stick with what you can afford. I don't have much idea about the thing, since i really could careless how my hair looks like.
Re: Lace Wigs***what's The Biggie? by DoubleN(m): 1:11pm On Jul 22, 2010
I just found out now that Armed Robbers are on the lookout for women with such wigs! shocked shocked. Their modus operandi is to cut the wigs of the hair of their victims.
Re: Lace Wigs***what's The Biggie? by NaijaSisi(f): 1:26pm On Jul 22, 2010
Double N:

I just found out now that Armed Robbers are on the lookout for women with such wigs! shocked shocked. Their modus operandi is to cut the wigs of the hair of their victims.

is that an attempt to persuade women 2 stop using them, coz take it from me it will not work!
Re: Lace Wigs***what's The Biggie? by InkedNerd(f): 7:12pm On Jul 22, 2010
Naija_Sisi:

is that an attempt to persuade women 2 stop using them, coz take it from me it will not work!

LOL @ Naija_Sisi
Re: Lace Wigs***what's The Biggie? by Nobody: 2:58am On Jul 23, 2010
i saw a beauty pageant photo from 9ja a while back (dont remember which one it was) and ALL THE GALS had weave/wigs or whatever they wanna call it.

so its safe to say that the Nigerian ladies believe that wearing them is the only way to look beautiful. . . . . . . . . as for me, i wouldnt rate very highly a woman who needs a wig/weave to feel beautiful.
Re: Lace Wigs***what's The Biggie? by madlady(f): 5:23am On Jul 23, 2010
browncocos:

i wish i knew what the craze is for?
the prices are just outrageous IMHO
but if properly worn ,you just cannot tell if its the wearers hair or a wig[/b]thats what differentiates it from the regular cheap wigs plus its 100%human hair
you can color,wash,roll,cut it pretty much do anything you can do to your own hair
thereby personalising it

@browncocos pls can you help me out. I would like to import and sell the [b]BEST
type.

I am finding it difficult to understand what I should really be looking for embarassed.

I asked an aquaintance who owns a hairdressing shop, she said they are basically all the same, just different styles shocked shocked shocked.

I know there must be some real reason why some can cost £££ of pounds  and some look like Chinese buns with unnatural hairlines undecided.
Re: Lace Wigs***what's The Biggie? by Sissy3(f): 5:55am On Jul 23, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

i saw a beauty pageant photo from 9ja a while back (dont remember which one it was) and ALL THE GALS had weave/wigs or whatever they wanna call it.

[b]so its safe to say [/b]that the Nigerian ladies believe that wearing them is the only way to look beautiful. . . . . . . . . as for me, i wouldnt rate very highly a woman who needs a wig/weave to feel beautiful.

no its not safe to say. not only some nigerian ladies who wear them "believe that wearing them is the only way to look beautiful. . . . . . . . . "
Re: Lace Wigs***what's The Biggie? by clemcykul(f): 11:43am On Jul 28, 2010
why dont u ladies go back to the age of plaiting thread, shukwu, shade, patewo, and so on . . , . . , . ,

wigs ko, attachment ni grin
Re: Lace Wigs***what's The Biggie? by browncocos(f): 2:22pm On Jul 29, 2010
madlady:

@browncocos pls can you help me out. I would like to import and sell the BEST type.

I am finding it difficult to understand what I should really be looking for embarassed.

I asked an aquaintance who owns a hairdressing shop, she said they are basically all the same, just different styles shocked shocked shocked.

I know there must be some real reason why some can cost £££ of pounds  and some look like Chinese buns with unnatural hairlines undecided.

girl I am the wrongest person you should be asking
am totally clueless in matters like this

anyhoo heres a channel i am subscribed to you can check out some of her vids on lace front i love how she applies hers and she shows a step by step way of wearing lace fronts
and even gives names and websites you can find some

here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPV1JxFm8cA&feature=channel
ciao babe

(1) (Reply)

Help Me / Fashion Victims: Health Hazards of History's Most Popular Fashion Trends / Nudity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.