Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,586 members, 7,955,161 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:23 PM

Are You Panicking? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Are You Panicking? (1831 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You Panicking? by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:56pm On Nov 05, 2018
I closed early from work today, as I was about leaving I remembered the threat to strike, I dusted the old gallons ( used to have 8 of them) headed straight for the closest petrol stations filled up fuel tank, filled up gallons.

Drove home. Will be back with more cars an will find £ore gallons.

1 Like

Re: Are You Panicking? by OgaKazeem(m): 6:14pm On Nov 05, 2018
chai boss.. na because of ordinary strike U dey fear? hehehehe bring ur motor make we comot d sensor. e no go chop fuel again...
Re: Are You Panicking? by Piyke: 7:51pm On Nov 05, 2018
I have done same. Same 2 gallons you have. Lol
Re: Are You Panicking? by thebigkendo(m): 11:44pm On Nov 05, 2018
I just filled up my tank till fuel poured on the floor(I only do it in times like this or during fuel scarcity)
Re: Are You Panicking? by radautoworks: 3:19am On Nov 06, 2018
thebigkendo:
I just filled up my tank till fuel poured on the floor(I only do it in times like this or during fuel scarcity)

And it didn't set off a check engine light?
Re: Are You Panicking? by cluewebhost(m): 3:28am On Nov 06, 2018
And strike called off

4 Likes

Re: Are You Panicking? by Nobody: 5:22am On Nov 06, 2018
I have to agree that I panicked just a little and my MaiGuard has been buying and storing fuel today. the insanity of storing gallons of fuel in the house can only be appreciated by someone in diaspora. These people have finished Nigeria.

Well, I guess it's time to dig and bury my 500 gallon fuel tank. (1/2 diesel and 1/2 petrol) grin

#PrepperLife

5 Likes

Re: Are You Panicking? by thebigkendo(m): 6:09am On Nov 06, 2018
radautoworks:

Nope.. It never does
Re: Are You Panicking? by deathwing(m): 6:55am On Nov 06, 2018
NUPENG said they weren't part of the strike. In any case, the Strike has been called off. NLC people can't do anything right. Sha won't go to work.
Re: Are You Panicking? by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:19am On Nov 06, 2018
radautoworks:

Honda made for Us didn't bother with monitoring Evap system.
Re: Are You Panicking? by nurey(m): 9:19am On Nov 06, 2018
if they like let fossil fuel finish for the world he no concern me.
My sister uses TESLA grin and I utilise
Opapa parada version 2

1 Like

Re: Are You Panicking? by banky3w(m): 10:27am On Nov 06, 2018
radautoworks:

I'm sorry, I've never heard of that light before...... I always fill my tank to the brim.... grin grin

1 Like

Re: Are You Panicking? by radautoworks: 11:53am On Nov 06, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

He drives a Honda? What Honda?
Re: Are You Panicking? by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:24pm On Nov 06, 2018
thebigkendo:

Nope.. It never does

Uncle they are calling you upstairs.......

1 Like

Re: Are You Panicking? by thebigkendo(m): 12:37pm On Nov 06, 2018
radautoworks:

He drives a Honda? What Honda?

2006 accord EX
Re: Are You Panicking? by diportivo: 2:22pm On Nov 06, 2018
thebigkendo:

2006 accord EX

show us the airbag or forever remain silent undecided
Re: Are You Panicking? by thebigkendo(m): 2:33pm On Nov 06, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

But a friend's 07 accord currently has a P0455 Evap Emission system leak detected(large leak) - No drivability or fuel consumption issue, Just the MIL lamp on. I dey suspect the Evap Canister but I told him to start by changing the fuel cap, he has been driving it like that, 3 months now.

I have also scanned another 04 accord with a P0496 HONDA Evaporative Emission System High Purge Flow - Car was stalling after every fuel refill , Purge flow solenoid was stuck open..Changed it and problem went away.
Re: Are You Panicking? by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:06pm On Nov 06, 2018
thebigkendo:

But a friend's 07 accord currently has a P0455 Evap Emission system leak detected(large leak) - No drivability or fuel consumption issue, Just the MIL lamp on. I dey suspect the Evap Canister but I told him to start by changing the fuel cap, he has been driving it like that, 3 months now.

I have also scanned another 04 accord with a P0496 HONDA Evaporative Emission System High Purge Flow - Car was stalling after every fuel refill , Purge flow solenoid was stuck open..Changed it and problem went away.

I said honda made for us, not U.S
Re: Are You Panicking? by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:14pm On Nov 06, 2018
Re: Are You Panicking? by thebigkendo(m): 4:20pm On Nov 06, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

grin
Re: Are You Panicking? by radautoworks: 5:03pm On Nov 06, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Oho. I was still puzzled
Re: Are You Panicking? by OgaKazeem(m): 6:23pm On Nov 06, 2018
thebigkendo:

a large leak is usually associated with a failed fuel tank cap. make e change am. or atleast do a physical inspection first... bt bros na why U dey suspect d canister?
Re: Are You Panicking? by thebigkendo(m): 7:11pm On Nov 06, 2018
OgaKazeem:

a large leak is usually associated with a failed fuel tank cap. make e change am. or atleast do a physical inspection first... bt bros na why U dey suspect d canister?

No "Check fuel cap" on the odometer screen
Re: Are You Panicking? by Tyche(m): 7:18pm On Nov 06, 2018
OgaKazeem:
chai boss.. na because of ordinary strike U dey fear? hehehehe bring ur motor make we comot d sensor. e no go chop fuel again...

Lol
Re: Are You Panicking? by OgaKazeem(m): 7:25pm On Nov 06, 2018
thebigkendo:

No "Check fuel cap" on the odometer screen
hmmmm....well a visual inspection of d canister is a good start
Re: Are You Panicking? by Piyke: 8:00pm On Nov 06, 2018
diportivo:

show us the airbag or forever remain silent undecided

What's with the airbag light? Is there a "if you you know, you know" I'm missing
Re: Are You Panicking? by thebigkendo(m): 8:25pm On Nov 06, 2018
Piyke:

What's with the airbag light? Is there a "if you you know, you know" I'm missing

You know!!! grin grin grin
Re: Are You Panicking? by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:25pm On Nov 06, 2018
Piyke:

someone wrote airbag, you come add light.

1 Like

Re: Are You Panicking? by Piyke: 9:31pm On Nov 06, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

someone wrote airbag, you come add light.

Lol. Could almost swear I saw light. angry

(1) (Reply)

Ford Transit Wahala / How To Determing A Good Toyota Camry Ac Compressor / Mystery Aux Cable Lexus Rx 330 2005

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.