Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,149 members, 7,811,279 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:06 AM

Walking In Enmity Against... A Booklet - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Walking In Enmity Against... A Booklet (305 Views)

Sleep Walking And Moon Walking By Isidor Isaak Sadger Pdf / Walking On Bleeding Blades By Akwu Sunday Victor / Walking The Old Path (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Walking In Enmity Against... A Booklet by jimiobanta(m): 7:44pm On Nov 05, 2018
Greetings to everyone in the house. I have a booklet I've written. Not the usual fare, but an interesting read that you will find most educative and enlightening.
Comments are highly welcomed. Thanks
Re: Walking In Enmity Against... A Booklet by jimiobanta(m): 7:46pm On Nov 05, 2018
There is one emotion greater than any other. That emotion is Love.
It is said to be able to move mountains.
It is said to make the world go round.
Love is thought to be most powerfully expressed between a man and a woman.

Yet there is a love much stronger than that described by men. A love beyond understanding, and also beyond description. Love that ties the strongest to the weakest. Love that connects Creator to His Creation. Love that turned the greatest Master into a servant. This love is The Love of God.

Love that many do not acknowledge. Love which many kick in the teeth. Love greater than what man can produce.

The greatest calamity of all time is when a man rejects the Love of God, and then walks in opposition, yes, in enmity against God.
Re: Walking In Enmity Against... A Booklet by jimiobanta(m): 7:46pm On Nov 05, 2018
To be continued
Re: Walking In Enmity Against... A Booklet by jimiobanta(m): 7:36am On Nov 06, 2018
Dear readers, it is a privilege to write this booklet to give understanding and clarity of mind to you, that you may know your status with God and make amends where necessary.
Why! It is the easiest thing to do. Anybody, saints or sinner can live a life of enmity against the Most High.

Before going further, it is necessary to know why God created mankind.
The Biblical account of the book of Genesis makes us to understand, God created mankind as the seal/crown of His creation, in His own image and likeness and gave to mankind authority and power over all the earth and the creatures therein. He demonstrated great love for mankind and had regular fellowship with man in the cool of the day. He meant from the beginning that mankind will be children unto Him, prince and princess of the most High God with their own territory Earth, which they can rule over by His authority.
All the days of Adam and Eve were full of joy, laughter, fun and fellowship with God.

Then the unthinkable happened, man committed treason against the One who loved him and has given so much privileges to him. He did what he was expressly warned not to do damning the consequences.
All because he valued the words of God's enemy above God's own words, he moved against God and fell from grace and lose with it most of his privileges.

Please let us look closely at the biblical account to get wisdom, because moving against God words is the beginning of enmity against God. Rejection of God's word is rejection of God Himself. For He and His Word is inseparable. He honours His word more than all His names. Rejection of His words is enmity against God
Re: Walking In Enmity Against... A Booklet by jimiobanta(m): 6:46am On Nov 07, 2018
mThank you for reading up to this point, today we will look at the principle of beguilement by which the devil deceives people

Genesis 3

1 Now the serpent was more subtle than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, has God said, you shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

2 And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:

3 But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God has said, You shall not eat of it, neither shall you touch it, lest you die.

4 And the serpent said unto the woman, You shall not surely die:

5 For God does know that in the day you eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and you shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

7 And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.

8 And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God among the trees of the garden.

9 And the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where are you?

10 And he said, I heard your voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself.

11 And he said, Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten of the tree, of which I commanded you that you should not eat?

12 And the man said, The woman whom you gave to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat.

13 And the LORD God said unto the woman, What is this that you have done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.

14 And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because you have done this, you are cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon your belly shall you go, and dust shall you eat all the days of your life:

15 And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your seed and her seed; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heel.

16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply your sorrow and your conception; in sorrow you shall bring forth children; and your desire shall be to your husband, and he shall rule over you.

17 And unto Adam he said, Because you have listened unto the voice of your wife, and have eaten of the tree, of which I commanded you, saying, You shall not eat of it: cursed is the ground for your sake; in sorrow shall you eat of it all the days of your life;

18 Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to you; and you shall eat the plants of the field;

19 In the sweat of your face shall you eat bread, till you return unto the ground; for out of it were you taken: for dust you are, and unto dust shall you return.

20 And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living.

21 Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed them.

22 And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also ofthe tree of life, and eat, and live forever:

23 Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from which he was taken.

24 So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubim, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to guard the way of the tree of life.

The salient points in the chapter shall be summarised as follows;

1. The enemy will seek for ways to attack you, even from you yourself.

2. Watch your tongue and be careful in speech, keep your secrets, secret.

3. The devil or his demons targets the words of God for manipulation to make it of no effect, irrelevant or unbelievable and thus rejectable. Genesis 3:4-5

4. To achieve 3, above the enemy will use any or all of the following;

Lies

Intellectual arguments

Mind manipulation

Presentation of false pictures or future

False accusations against God

Sowing the seeds or fanning the flames of unbelieve

Presentation of visions to give false hope like he tried with Jesus when he showed him all the glory of the world and asked Him to bow to him to get them(mat 4:8-10). The hope of glory presented was false

Making the unthinkable attractive or fashionable to do

Blaspheming God to give Him a bad name or paint a false picture of God....
Re: Walking In Enmity Against... A Booklet by jimiobanta(m): 8:17am On Nov 09, 2018
5. The above in 3&4 constitutes common components or methodology of demonic temptations. To be tempted in itself is not sin,yielding to temptation is sin(disobedience to God).

6. For a man to be successfully tempted into sin, he must agree or cooperates with the tempter and at the same time disagree with God on the subject matter of temptation. Genesis 3:6

To disagree with God on the subject matter, the tempted must undergo a quantum shift mentally. The mindset of that individual must change to accommodate ungodliness.(This is the devil's agenda all along).
Then the unthinkable becomes thinkable, the unattractive becomes attractive, the ugly becomes beautiful. That which is sinful becomes holy or good. Obedience to God becomes optional. Morality becomes discardable. Black can now become white. Enmity against God has commenced and the poor fellow is in bondage to the devil and has no fellowship with God. Genesis 3:6

7. The tempted/sinful minded becomes a willing instrument of temptation in the devil's hand and becomes dangerous to others. Ask Adam! Genesis 3:6

8. The sinful minded is exposed in animalistic characters(animal nature) covered with a clothing of leaves(human civilization) Genesis 3:7

9. Glory and grace, the clothing of the godly minded is lost or absent in the life of the sinful minded(ungodly). Genesis 3:7
10. The sinful minded is in enmity against God and separated from God. Except he/she is located and called out unto salvation and deliverance(gen 3:8-9), he/she remains in enmity against God and faces eternal destruction in Lake of fire.

11. The sinful minded shall have a life bedevilled by fears of many types. Genesis 3:10

12. The sinful minded is under the judgment of God. Genesis 3:14-19

13. The sinful minded( eg homosexual) is full of excuses for sinfulness and would not take responsibility for his actions. Genesis 3:12-13

The sinful minded becomes a slave to sins and also a bonded slave to a cruel task master, his tempter. He is living under a Zone of Compulsion to do the sinful always.(Please read more about this terminology in this old post https://www.nairaland.com/3787444/burdens-bondages-yokes )

What does the term enmity against God means?

To be in enmity against God means walking in disobedience or oppositely to the will/purpose of God for one's life. Cain was a biblical example, likewise Saul.

Persecuting the people of God through verbal or violent means constitutes enmity against God. Look at the case of Saul before turning to Paul. acts 9:4-5

4 He dropped to the ground and heard a voice saying to him, “Saul, Saul! Why are you persecuting me?”

5 He asked, “Who are you, Lord?” The voice said, “I’m Jesus, whom you are persecuting.

It also means living one's life perpetually in disobedience to the word of God eg the children of Israel in the Old Testament times and most of the world today. Doing any of the following as found in the verses below constitutes living in enmity against God

Gal 5:19-21
Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, impurity, licentiousness,

20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, strife, jealousy, wrath, selfishness, divisions, heresies,

21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revelings, and such like: of which I tell you beforehand, as I have also told you in time past, that they who do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

1Cor 6:9-10 ISV

9 You know that wicked people will not inherit the kingdom of God, don’t you? Stop deceiving yourselves! Sexually immoral people, idolaters, adulterers, male prostitutes, homosexuals,

10 thieves, greedy people, drunks, slanderers, and robbers will not inherit the kingdom of God.

It also means living a lifestyle that rejects God or embraces idolatry. For example many do not care about God and are less concerned about His ways. But they feel the need for a higher figure to adore, love and worship.
So they get idols for themselves. These idols in the form of movies stars, football stars, industrialist etc are followed on facebook, twitter, instagram instead of following Jesus Christ. They spend hours adoring their star pictures instead of adoring God
They spend quality time reading the words of their idols instead of God's word
They go about proclaiming the skills of their idols instead of God's goodness.
This is a form of enmity against God.

Dear reader check out yourself. Are you with God or in enmity against God?
If you are in enmity God is calling to you today saying now is the best time for reconsilation, now is your moment of grace for salvation.
Repent now. Pray like this.

Father in heaven, here am I this day, a sinner and an enemy before you doing the works of the devil.
I confess my sins before heaven and earth.
I acknowledge that I have not regarded You or Your words and Your ways. Please forgive me and have mercy upon me in Jesus name. I acknowledge Your only begotten Son Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior.
Lord Jesus come into my life and create in me a new heart and renew right spirit within me
Wash me in Your precious blood and cleanse me of all satanic inputs in my life
By the power of your redemption, deliver me from all bondages to evil masters and teach me the ways of the Lord in Jesus name I pray. Help me to walk in all Your ways and become an overcome in Jesus name.
Amen

(1) (Reply)

Just Another Missed Call. / Need Viable Business Ideas? Follow This Thread... / Marketer In Lagos, Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.