Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,938 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:24 PM

BREAKING: Stalemate As Minimum Wage Committee Adjourns Till 10pm - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Stalemate As Minimum Wage Committee Adjourns Till 10pm (2623 Views)

Tinubu Fumes Over Delay In Constituting Minimum Wage Committee / Edo Central PDP Committee Adjourns Screening, 2 Aspirants Support Ighodalo / Buni/APC Congress: Stalemate As Osinbajo Maintains Stance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: Stalemate As Minimum Wage Committee Adjourns Till 10pm by slayminder(m): 8:22pm On Nov 05, 2018
The meeting of the tripartite committee set up to come up with a new national minimum wage has ended in a stalemate .
The Chairman of the committee , Ama Pepple , told journalists at the end of their marathon meeting that they would be reconvening at 10 pm .
She , however , said the committee arrived at two figures of N24 ,000 and N 30 ,000 as the new national minimum wage .
She said the committee had appealed to the labour leaders to call off the strike and they have promised to consult and revert when the meeting reconvened at 10 pm .
But the Minister of Labour and Employment , Chris Ngige , said the meeting at 10 pm was meant to get appointment on when the report will be submitted to the President.

https://punchng.com/breaking-stalemate-as-minimum-wage-committee-adjourns-till-10pm/
Re: BREAKING: Stalemate As Minimum Wage Committee Adjourns Till 10pm by XINOIX: 8:24pm On Nov 05, 2018
30,000# please

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Stalemate As Minimum Wage Committee Adjourns Till 10pm by SuperSacredSpp: 8:26pm On Nov 05, 2018
They should allow us enjoy small holidays o mbok! This one they are talking as if they want to reach an agreement so my heart haf started doing me somehow.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Stalemate As Minimum Wage Committee Adjourns Till 10pm by Kenekingisback: 8:28pm On Nov 05, 2018
Ok
Re: BREAKING: Stalemate As Minimum Wage Committee Adjourns Till 10pm by eluquenson(m): 8:30pm On Nov 05, 2018
Nigeria in a terrible situation, how can an oil producing country be paying <$100 as minimum wage.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Stalemate As Minimum Wage Committee Adjourns Till 10pm by IBBG(m): 8:30pm On Nov 05, 2018
30k or nothing.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Stalemate As Minimum Wage Committee Adjourns Till 10pm by NaijaRoyalty(m): 8:32pm On Nov 05, 2018
BMC crew dont deserve a wage increase grin

But seriously, I hope labour and FG , agree on something reasonable later tonight .

Nigeria is currently on a "Sorry State", this strike will make her situation worse.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Stalemate As Minimum Wage Committee Adjourns Till 10pm by johnlvis(m): 8:35pm On Nov 05, 2018
30k or strike

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Stalemate As Minimum Wage Committee Adjourns Till 10pm by Lanre4uonly(m): 8:42pm On Nov 05, 2018
It is well.
Re: BREAKING: Stalemate As Minimum Wage Committee Adjourns Till 10pm by GALATICOS3015(m): 8:44pm On Nov 05, 2018
Buhari should do the needful by announcing 30k by 10pm!
Re: BREAKING: Stalemate As Minimum Wage Committee Adjourns Till 10pm by Duplik8t77(m): 8:47pm On Nov 05, 2018
naija
Re: BREAKING: Stalemate As Minimum Wage Committee Adjourns Till 10pm by hucienda: 8:48pm On Nov 05, 2018
Why do the FG and NLC like leaving this thing till midnite and early hours of strike day thus leaving millions in confusion? Why?

If they want to declare strike, then declare it and if there is no strike, then call it off - not to just leave workers in a state of unnecessary confusion of "Is there strike? Is there no strike?" and so on. How do you expect such a worker to be productive in that frame of mind?

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Stalemate As Minimum Wage Committee Adjourns Till 10pm by solid3(m): 8:51pm On Nov 05, 2018
Strike won't do us anything good.
Re: BREAKING: Stalemate As Minimum Wage Committee Adjourns Till 10pm by otokx(m): 8:52pm On Nov 05, 2018
If NLC calls off this strike, they will loose their integrity.
Re: BREAKING: Stalemate As Minimum Wage Committee Adjourns Till 10pm by bantudra: 8:52pm On Nov 05, 2018
NaijaRoyalty:
BMC crew dont deserve a wage increase grin

But seriously, I hope labour and FG , agree on something reasonable later tonight .

Nigeria is currently on a "Sorry State", this strike will make her situation worse.

its better you forget this bmc,afonja,ipob nonesense for now and fight toghether....we can continue the bashin later after this....
Re: BREAKING: Stalemate As Minimum Wage Committee Adjourns Till 10pm by bantudra: 8:54pm On Nov 05, 2018
otokx:
If NLC calls off this strike, they will loose their integrity.

it doesnt matter...its like playin poker....atleast they should get the message that enough is enough....

sorry...i wanted to quote solid3....
Re: BREAKING: Stalemate As Minimum Wage Committee Adjourns Till 10pm by emeijeh(m): 8:59pm On Nov 05, 2018
10pm?!

Na coven meeting?!
Re: BREAKING: Stalemate As Minimum Wage Committee Adjourns Till 10pm by bantudra: 9:00pm On Nov 05, 2018
its very strange that the goverment would be scared of general strike....

see how they are beggin....

we have them at the balls...squezz harder....
Re: BREAKING: Stalemate As Minimum Wage Committee Adjourns Till 10pm by NaijaRoyalty(m): 9:01pm On Nov 05, 2018
bantudra:

its better you forget this bmc,afonja,ipob nonesense for now and fight toghether....we can continue the bashin later after this....

Nigerian workers deserve a better wage

The economy is kind of harsh on everyone .
Re: BREAKING: Stalemate As Minimum Wage Committee Adjourns Till 10pm by bantudra: 9:01pm On Nov 05, 2018
emeijeh:
10pm?!

Na coven meeting?!

kiikikikiki...maybe they wan go consult the ancestors,,,,

kiki.....
Re: BREAKING: Stalemate As Minimum Wage Committee Adjourns Till 10pm by bantudra: 9:03pm On Nov 05, 2018
NaijaRoyalty:

Nigerian workers deserve a better wage

The economy is kind of harsh on everyone .

exactly....all of us must back the labour unions now....fvck their bling bling...we want our fair share....

it can not be you earn that little and buy bag of rice with the ol money.....we are not their slaves....

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Stalemate As Minimum Wage Committee Adjourns Till 10pm by badmuskamal(m): 9:03pm On Nov 05, 2018
Let's remain focus and persistent, no going back oooo...still 30k
Re: BREAKING: Stalemate As Minimum Wage Committee Adjourns Till 10pm by iluvdonjazzy: 9:04pm On Nov 05, 2018
yes, they are coming up

Re: BREAKING: Stalemate As Minimum Wage Committee Adjourns Till 10pm by udumosam23(m): 9:04pm On Nov 05, 2018
hucienda:
Why do the FG and NLC like leaving this thing till midnite and early hours of strike day thus leaving millions in confusion? Why?

If they want to declare strike, then declare it and if there is no strike, then call it off - not to just leave workers in a state of unnecessary confusion of "Is there strike? Is there no strike?" and so on. How do you expect such a worker to be productive in that frame of mind?

���
Re: BREAKING: Stalemate As Minimum Wage Committee Adjourns Till 10pm by ekolajossyadde(m): 9:07pm On Nov 05, 2018
eluquenson:
Nigeria in a terrible situation, how can an oil producing country be paying >$100 as minimum wage.
<100
Re: BREAKING: Stalemate As Minimum Wage Committee Adjourns Till 10pm by badmuskamal(m): 9:08pm On Nov 05, 2018
bantudra:

kiki.....
bantudra:

kiki.....
[quote author=bantudra post=72713474]
Don't mind the yeye people...make dem just conclude in our favour ooo
Re: BREAKING: Stalemate As Minimum Wage Committee Adjourns Till 10pm by emeijeh(m): 9:08pm On Nov 05, 2018
bantudra:

kiki.....
The thing taya me o grin
Re: BREAKING: Stalemate As Minimum Wage Committee Adjourns Till 10pm by Balyz: 9:10pm On Nov 05, 2018
SuperSacredSpp:
They should allow us enjoy small holidays o mbok! This one they are talking as if they want to reach an agreement so my heart haf started doing me somehow.
Are you aware of the kind of hardship most poor Nigerians are going to be subjected to starting tomorrow you selfish guy?
Re: BREAKING: Stalemate As Minimum Wage Committee Adjourns Till 10pm by bantudra: 9:11pm On Nov 05, 2018
badmuskamal:

exactly...all of us should back the labours union now....if they see we approciate their afforts,they will even fight more for us....

carry go labour unions....

no backin down....

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Stalemate As Minimum Wage Committee Adjourns Till 10pm by fastjett: 9:21pm On Nov 05, 2018
Minimum wage ooo no minimum ooo, it does not concern me, afterall 80% of Nigerias will not enjoy it. We have just few Government workers, the rest of us are either self employed or we are with the private sector. So why should i be made to fight or suffer for money that i will not enjoy. This country self tire me.
Re: BREAKING: Stalemate As Minimum Wage Committee Adjourns Till 10pm by Goovo(m): 9:24pm On Nov 05, 2018
emeijeh:
10pm?!

Na coven meeting?!
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: BREAKING: Stalemate As Minimum Wage Committee Adjourns Till 10pm by bantudra: 9:25pm On Nov 05, 2018
fastjett:
Minimum wage ooo no minimum ooo, i no consign me after all 80% of Nigerias will not enjoy it. We have just few Government workers, the rest of us are either self employed or we are with the private sector. So why should i be made to fight or suffer for money that i will not enjoy. This country self tire me.

dont forget the ripple effect...if this guys earn more,they will consume more....

bribin will reduce and many other things....it will benefit all of us at the end....

(1) (2) (Reply)

"I Am Ashamed As A Nigerian". - Atiku Reacts To #electionresults / BREAKING:APC Reveals What Alao-akala Demanded Before Supporting Adelabu / Governor Abdullahi Ganduje Has Overturned PDP Victory In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.