Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,381 members, 7,819,387 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:22 PM

Bendel Insurance Of Benin Gains Promotion After 11years - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Bendel Insurance Of Benin Gains Promotion After 11years (472 Views)

Manchester United Gains $300m In Share Value After Ronaldo Announcement (Photos) / Bendel Insurance Players Jump Fence To Escape Lynching By Home Fans (Video) / Bendel Insurance FC Gets Promoted To NPFL After 11 Years, Hails Gov. Obaseki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bendel Insurance Of Benin Gains Promotion After 11years by Bensondrums(m): 6:47am On Nov 06, 2018
By; RALPH OKHIRIA, Benin City

After dropping from the Nigerian elite soccer league, for over a decade, Bendel Insurance Football Club, Benin City on Monday, made a historic return to the Premier League with a 2-1 defeat of 3SC Football Club, Ibadan.

The highly anticipated make-or-mar encounter, between both teams, was concluded on Monday morning at the University of Benin Sports Complex, Benin City, Edo State, after a tension-soaked Sunday afternoon encounter that was postponed due to bad weather.

With the 2-1 win, the Edo Arsenal as Bendel Insurance are fondly called, has secured the 3 points it needed to top the NNL Table and book a place in the 2018/19 NPFL season.

Receiving the team at the Government House on Monday, a visibly-elated Governor Obaseki congratulated the management and players of Bendel Insurance Football Club for defeating 3SC FC of Ibadan to proceed to the Nigeria Premier League.

Obaseki said the victory was another fulfilment of his administration’s promise to Edo people and residents.

“My joy knows no bound because of what you have done today. I congratulate you and congratulate myself. I say this because it is another promise kept. We promised Edo people that we would bring Bendel Insurance to its lofty status which we all will be proud off and make sure they go on to play in the Premier league,” the governor said.

He described the Deputy Governor of the State, Hon. Philip Shaibu who led the team to his office as the father of the New Bendel Insurance FC and commended him for the giant strides he made in rebranding the club.

“We have built a team and have a machinery that will win the premier league, I am giving the club the sum of N25 million to show how grateful we are as a government,” Obaseki said.
https://newnigeriannewspaper.com/
Re: Bendel Insurance Of Benin Gains Promotion After 11years by SenhorSean(m): 6:54am On Nov 06, 2018
GREAT ACHIEVEMENT
Re: Bendel Insurance Of Benin Gains Promotion After 11years by brio(m): 9:44am On Nov 06, 2018
Waoh.......I am so happy. Insurance is back to premier league. The Benin Arsenals!!!!!

(1) (Reply)

Ronaldinho In A N828 Million Debt / Surprise As Super Eagles Boss Rohr Advises South Africa On How To Beat Libya / Is This Cristiano Ronaldo?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.