Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,049 members, 7,956,900 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 10:01 PM

Senate To Expand Subsidy Probe — Saraki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate To Expand Subsidy Probe — Saraki (256 Views)

Shocking REVELATIONS Of Nigeria 10TH NASS Fuel Subsidy Probe On Tinubu / Subsidy Probe: Reps Say 23 Oil Firms Unknown / IGP Idris Drags Saraki, Senate To Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate To Expand Subsidy Probe — Saraki by agwom(m): 8:46am On Nov 06, 2018
The Senate will expand its ongoing probe of an alleged subsidy fund retained by the Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) to include dividend from the Nigeria Liquefied Natural Gas (NLNG), Senate President Bukola Saraki has said.

Saraki said ‎expanding the probe became necessary in view of the revelation made by the Group Managing Director (GMD) of NNPC, Maikanti Kachalla Baru, at an investigative hearing in Abuja on Thursday.

The GMD had told the Ahmad Lawan-led ad hoc panel probing the alleged $3.5bn subsidy fund by the NNPC ‎that the corporation did not have any amount set aside for subsidy.

He however said that NNPC augments the shortfall of petroleum landing cost through $1.05bn of its dividend from NLNG.

Saraki, in a statement by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity Yusuph Olaniyonu yesterday in Abuja, said the corporation would have to provide explanation on how and why it was “diverting the dividend from NLNG to defray the cost of under-recovery in the importation of fuel.”

The statement said Saraki, while reacting to questions from newsmen at the Ilorin Airport, admitted that he had received series of telephone calls on the issue by many concerned Nigerians and others who wanted to know the position of the Senate on the issues raised by the NNPC’s GMD before the ad hoc panel.

He said the revelation called for further investigation and showed that as alleged in a motion moved earlier by Senate Minority Leader, Senator Biodun Olujimi, a lot of illegal and unapproved spendings are going on in the petroleum corporation.

“When in my ruling on the motion raised by Senator Olujimi, I insisted that we want a transparent, honest and non-partisan investigation on the fuel subsidy issue, it was clear to me and my colleagues that there are certain irregularities being perpetrated and we should let Nigerians know the truth,” he said.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/senate-to-expand-subsidy-probe-saraki.html

Re: Senate To Expand Subsidy Probe — Saraki by Nbote(m): 8:49am On Nov 06, 2018
In d voice of d govt and ZonBs, it's not subsidy, it is under recovery blah blah blah
Re: Senate To Expand Subsidy Probe — Saraki by saintjimos(m): 8:56am On Nov 06, 2018
WATCH OUT AS THE EXECUTIVE WILL GET A COURT ORDER TO STOP THE PROBE

GOD BLESS SARAKI GOD BLESS THE 8TH SENATE
Re: Senate To Expand Subsidy Probe — Saraki by Ojukwubucket(m): 8:59am On Nov 06, 2018
Fa me ya osiso o
Re: Senate To Expand Subsidy Probe — Saraki by magoo10(m): 9:00am On Nov 06, 2018
Fighting corruption should not be one

(1) (Reply)

Obaseki Receives 2018 Hajj Report, Assures More Govt’s Support / Apc Youth League / Presidency Denies Knowledge Of Oshiomhole's Arrest By DSS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.