Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,967 members, 7,863,445 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 05:51 PM

4 Ways To Learn To Love What You Do, Even If You Hate It - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 4 Ways To Learn To Love What You Do, Even If You Hate It (252 Views)

What Do You Hate Most About Working From Home? / What Do You Hate About Your Job Or Place Of Work? / 4 Ways To Achieve Your Career Goals Faster As A Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

4 Ways To Learn To Love What You Do, Even If You Hate It by ValourDigest(m): 10:16am On Nov 06, 2018
4 WAYS TO LEARN TO LOVE WHAT YOU DO, EVEN IF YOU HATE IT

If Steve Jobs had followed his passion, he’d probably have become a zen monk. So why did he end up founding one of the world’s most successful companies instead? Simple: Jobs understood that “follow your passion,” might actually be bad advice. The theory that following your passion leads to success first surfaced in the 70s, and in the intervening decades it’s taken on the character of indisputable fact.

The cach is that most people’s passions have little connection to work or education, meaning passionate skiers, dancers, and readers run into problems. In a culture that tells people to transform their passions into lucrative careers via will-driven alchemy, it’s no wonder so much of today’s workforce suffers from endless job swapping and professional discontent.

In his book So Good They Can’t Ignore You, Cal Newport exposes the Passion Trap and offers up advice about how not following your passions will ultimately lead to satisfaction. The following four tips will help you put yourself on the path to professional fulfillment.

Read more at; https://valourdigest.com/4-ways-to-learn-to-love-what-you-do-even-if-you-hate-it/
Re: 4 Ways To Learn To Love What You Do, Even If You Hate It by WinningEleven(m): 10:17am On Nov 06, 2018
It is impossible to love what I hate doing.
If I hate it, I hate it.
End of story
Re: 4 Ways To Learn To Love What You Do, Even If You Hate It by oskido116: 10:19am On Nov 06, 2018
yeah follow your passion. who knows where it could lead u 2

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Can't Stop Gambling / How Reliable Is Your Questionnaire? 5 Easy Validation And Reliability Checks / Uber/taxify Drivers Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.