Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

I'm Having Problems Changing My Wordpress Footer Text To Mine - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / I'm Having Problems Changing My Wordpress Footer Text To Mine (677 Views)

How Can I Edit This Section Of My Footer? / How I Removed Footer Credit From Premium Blogger Template No Redirect. / How To Remove Footer Credit In Blogger Template (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Having Problems Changing My Wordpress Footer Text To Mine by Jetland(m): 11:07am On Nov 06, 2018
Hello greet webmasters here, I bought a wordpress theme sometimes ago and decided to use it, but having some issues with it.

I tried changing the footer text to mine, but I couldn't get where the text that's showing at the footer is located in the theme. I've checked the footer.php, which is the most common place footer texts are located in some theme. But in my case, it's not found there.

I've even checked all the files but still coudn't located it. I don't want to hide the text by using custom CSS as some gurus claimed google frowns at it.
I'm quite optimistic that I will get a solution from here.

Please any usefuly tips will be of great benefit

Below I attached two screen shots to the post

Thanks in advance

Re: I'm Having Problems Changing My Wordpress Footer Text To Mine by Nobody: 11:50am On Nov 06, 2018
go to your functions file and look for s7upf_get_foot_visual($page_id) and s7upf_get_footer_default() functions
Re: I'm Having Problems Changing My Wordpress Footer Text To Mine by etoluw: 1:04pm On Nov 06, 2018
if that does't work try checking the wp_footer hook

the wp_footer() (line 19) hook is responsible for hidding things in the footer.

You have to go through all hooks and you will find the function responsible for that.
Re: I'm Having Problems Changing My Wordpress Footer Text To Mine by hostkobo(m): 2:51pm On Nov 06, 2018
what is the name of the theme you are using?

1 Like

Re: I'm Having Problems Changing My Wordpress Footer Text To Mine by fnep2smooth(m): 2:58pm On Nov 06, 2018
Jetland:
Hello greet webmasters here, I bought a wordpress theme sometimes ago and decided to use it, but having some issues with it.

I tried changing the footer text to mine, but I couldn't get where the text that's showing at the footer is located in the theme. I've checked the footer.php, which is the most common place footer texts are located in some theme. But in my case, it's not found there.

I've even checked all the files but still coudn't located it. I don't want to hide the text by using custom CSS as some gurus claimed google frowns at it.

Thanks in advance

First... You bought the theme through black market so technically some features like changing your footer won't be possible unless you are good in coding. And the footer name you are changing gives credit to the theme developer.

I can change it for you just 2k.

cool
Re: I'm Having Problems Changing My Wordpress Footer Text To Mine by hostkobo(m): 4:13pm On Nov 06, 2018
Re: I'm Having Problems Changing My Wordpress Footer Text To Mine by bedfordng(m): 4:19pm On Nov 06, 2018
every theme has their theme options. it could be via theme option or customization. so try to check customization to see if the footer option is there to change it. better still, If the theme has its own theme option, then you can check that
Re: I'm Having Problems Changing My Wordpress Footer Text To Mine by Jetland(m): 6:22pm On Nov 06, 2018
I've gone through the customization route but no positive result.
Re: I'm Having Problems Changing My Wordpress Footer Text To Mine by Jetland(m): 6:22pm On Nov 06, 2018
hostkobo:
Hi

Is this (https://themeforest.net/item/worldnews-responsive-wordpress-blogmagazine/7118875) your theme?

regards
HK
That's the name of the theme
Re: I'm Having Problems Changing My Wordpress Footer Text To Mine by Jetland(m): 6:23pm On Nov 06, 2018
bedfordng:
every theme has their theme options. it could be via theme option or customization. so try to check customization to see if the footer option is there to change it. better still, If the theme has its own theme option, then you can check that

I've gone through the customization route but no positive result. Thanks bro
Re: I'm Having Problems Changing My Wordpress Footer Text To Mine by Jetland(m): 6:24pm On Nov 06, 2018
fnep2smooth:

First... You bought the theme through black market so technically some features like changing your footer won't be possible unless you are good in coding. And the footer name you are changing gives credit to the theme developer.

I can change it for you just 2k.

cool

I bought it through Evato element
The 2k dey make me piss for body grin
Re: I'm Having Problems Changing My Wordpress Footer Text To Mine by Jetland(m): 6:28pm On Nov 06, 2018
eberedigital:
go to your functions file and look for s7upf_get_foot_visual($page_id) and s7upf_get_footer_default() functions

Thanks bro for your contribution. I still couldn't locate it. And I'm not that tech savvy.
Re: I'm Having Problems Changing My Wordpress Footer Text To Mine by Jetland(m): 6:29pm On Nov 06, 2018
etoluw:
if that does't work try checking the wp_footer hook

the wp_footer() (line 19) hook is responsible for hidding things in the footer.

You have to go through all hooks and you will find the function responsible for that.
Thanks
Re: I'm Having Problems Changing My Wordpress Footer Text To Mine by fnep2smooth(m): 6:35pm On Nov 06, 2018
Jetland:

I bought it through Evato element
The 2k dey make me piss for body grin
How much will you pay.
Re: I'm Having Problems Changing My Wordpress Footer Text To Mine by Nobody: 6:54pm On Nov 06, 2018
Jetland:

Thanks bro for your contribution. I still couldn't locate it. And I'm not that tech savvy.
login to your cpanel, go to file manager. click on public HTML, then wp-content then on themes and then on the name of your theme. look for functions.php and right click and select edit. click OK on the pop over that appears. a text editor will open in a new window then press Ctrl+f and type in the name of the functions. from there you can change the hand coded values.
Re: I'm Having Problems Changing My Wordpress Footer Text To Mine by Jetland(m): 6:59pm On Nov 06, 2018
eberedigital:
login to your cpanel, go to file manager. click on public HTML, then wp-content then on themes and then on the name of your theme. look for functions.php and right click and select edit. click OK on the pop over that appears. a text editor will open in a new window then press Ctrl+f and type in the name of the functions. from there you can change the hand coded values.

I used Google cloud platform, hope that can be achieved through phpmyadmin or FTP
Re: I'm Having Problems Changing My Wordpress Footer Text To Mine by Nobody: 7:34pm On Nov 06, 2018
Jetland:

I used Google cloud platform, hope that can be achieved through phpmyadmin or FTP
yes, when you login via ftp navigate to public HTML and continue from there
Re: I'm Having Problems Changing My Wordpress Footer Text To Mine by Julius2214(m): 10:40pm On Nov 06, 2018
eberedigital:
yes, when you login via ftp navigate to public HTML and continue from there
Somebody is looking for you here:
https://www.nairaland.com/4824864/eberedigital
Re: I'm Having Problems Changing My Wordpress Footer Text To Mine by fnep2smooth(m): 12:25pm On Nov 07, 2018
Jetland:

Thanks in advance
Done Check Your Footer... cool

(1) (Reply)

JOB OPPORTUNITY - Content Writer / How To Manage Multiple Clouds In One Place / 9 Steps To Increasing Website Traffic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.