Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,472 members, 7,823,100 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

How To Remove The "Powered By Wordpress" Footer Link - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Remove The "Powered By Wordpress" Footer Link (710 Views)

How Can I Edit This Section Of My Footer? / Best And Reliable Web Hosting Company RECOMMENDED By Wordpress.org Themselves!!! / How To Remove Footer Credit In Blogger Template (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Remove The "Powered By Wordpress" Footer Link by todhost(m): 12:41pm On Jul 04, 2019
The powered by WordPress link usually come with a free theme installed from the WordPress theme directory and will usually appear in the footer of your site. If you’re running the default theme, it’ll definitely be there, if it is a custom theme, it will be a link to the website of the theme developer.

More resources: What you should know about optimizing your WordPress website for speed

Most developers wouldn't want an advert link to their theme developer and will prefer their customized link instead to promote their business. The most common practice is to keep the footer for information about you: your site, your business, or your brand?

In WordPress, the problem is not whether the “powered By WordPress” message can be removed but how to do it. The method you will use in removing it will depend on the way the developer has added it to the theme. Sometimes, this would rquire some investigative work to locate the file where this linkk is located and them removing or editing it.

More resources: Top 5 Security Issues with WordPress and How to Fix Them

So in this post, you will learn how to remove the “powered by WordPress” message and link. But before we go into that, let us consider a few things about removing the "powered by WordPress"

1. How to Remove “Powered By WordPress” with a Plugin
2. How to Remove “Powered By WordPress” Manually
3. When would you want to remove “Powered By WordPress””
4. How Not to Remove “Powered By WordPress
5. Are you allowed to remove the message?
6. How to Remove “Powered By WordPress” Using a Function
7. How to replace the “Powered By WordPress” with your custom code

Read full post: https://www.todhost.com/knowledgebase/877/How-to-Remove-the-Powered-by-WordPress-Footer-Link.html

Re: How To Remove The "Powered By Wordpress" Footer Link by MrCoker: 1:48pm On Jul 04, 2019
lol grin It's sooo simple to do
Re: How To Remove The "Powered By Wordpress" Footer Link by CollinsMystic: 2:09pm On Jul 04, 2019
undecidedShould I click on the link?
Re: How To Remove The "Powered By Wordpress" Footer Link by tech0342(m): 2:30pm On Jul 04, 2019
Lol, this hosting company self, Chai... Leave am for developers na

(1) (Reply)

Adsense Verification: How To Verify Google Ads With Ease Just Discoverd / Must I Change To .com Before My Account Is Approve / Pleases I Need Clearity On How To Verify My Site

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.