Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,137 members, 7,818,425 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:14 PM

Last Ever Miss Bumbum Contest Descends Into Chaos In Brazil - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Last Ever Miss Bumbum Contest Descends Into Chaos In Brazil (818 Views)

'Bumbum' Tailor Gets Confused While Measuring A Sexy Model (photos) / Do You Have A Low Bumbum Or Saggy Butt And A Big Stomach? Check In Here / Brazil’s Miss Bumbum Contestants Pose With X-rays Of Their Butts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Last Ever Miss Bumbum Contest Descends Into Chaos In Brazil by Maxymilliano(m): 4:13pm On Nov 06, 2018
Bumbum bust-up! Last ever Miss Bumbum contest descends into chaos as loser tears off winner's sash, saying: 'Mine is the only natural bum'

The São Paulo nightclub's crowd was stunned as Aline Uva, 27, stormed the stage
She violently claimed the title saying the top three bums 'are pure silicone'
Ellen Santana, 31, was defiant in victory, saying, 'My butt is by far the firmest'
Others were furious as third place went to a transsexual they wanted barred

By MATT ROPER and ROSS IBBETSON FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 12:31 GMT, 6 November 2018 | UPDATED: 12:36 GMT, 6 November 2018
Chaotic scenes marked the last ever edition of Brazil's Miss Bumbum competition last night after a sore loser ripped off the winner's ribbon just as she was crowned.

Ellen Santana, 31, representing the state of Roraima, was awarded the coveted title of Brazil's best backside at the ceremony at Club Eazy in São Paulo.
But Aline Uva, 27, who missed out on any of the first three places, suddenly ran on stage and snatched the ribbon from the legitimate winner before claiming she was the only '100% natural' contestant.

The stunt left onlookers at the long-awaited final initially unsure as to who had won the accolade.

Ellen Santana, 31, (left) tries clinging to her winner's sash as Aline Uva, 27, (right) shocks the other contestants by ripping it from her

Ms Santana (left) tries to take her winner's sash back as Ms Uva (right) flaunts her figure, she later claimed she was the only '100% natural' contestant

Sore loser: Ms Uva (right) pulls at the sash as Ms Santana (left) tries to hang on, she later said, 'I worked the hardest and deserve this title because my butt is by far the firmest. To be a winner you need to know how to lose, and if I'd have lost I would have done so with dignity, unlike her.'

Furious Ms Uva, whose 110cm bum is 5cm bigger than winner Ms Santana's, claimed the vote had been 'sabotaged' and that she should have won, as she was the only contestant with a backside which hadn't been surgically enhanced.
She had also gained the most public votes in the run-up to the final.
Speaking backstage she said: 'I obeyed all the rules and my bum is the only one that's 100% natural.

'I grabbed the winner's ribbon because I'm the only woman who really deserves the title.
'I represent the natural Brazilian bum and nobody can take that away from me. The three women who got the most votes are all fake; their bottoms are pure silicone, that's an injustice.'

Ms Uva (pictured), who has a 105cm derriere, told reporters backstage: 'I represent the natural Brazilian bum and nobody can take that away from me. The three women who got the most votes are all fake, their bottoms are pure silicone, that's an injustice.'

The massage therapist (pictured) is seen here with the winner's sash as she girated on the stage in her wild stunt

Chaos erupts on the stage as Ms Uva and Ms Santana fight over the winner's sash

Winner Ms Santana later said: 'She took my ribbon but she can never take away my title.
'I worked the hardest and deserve this title because my butt is by far the firmest. To be a winner you need to know how to lose, and if I'd have lost I would have done so with dignity, unlike her.

She added: 'Now I want to be an inspiration to women around the world. To show them that they can achieve everything they dream of, whatever adversaries they face.'

In another twist, the competition's third place went to transsexual Paula Oliveira, 27, who was a man before undergoing sex change surgery six years ago.
Fellow contestants had demanded Ms Oliveira, who has a 117cm wide bottom, be barred from the competition, claiming it should only be open to those who were born women.

Winner: Model and dancer, Ms Santana, poses at the Eazy Nightclub in Brazil's largest city last night

Her third place also came just two weeks after Brazil elected a far-right president, Jair Bolsonaro, who has declared war on LGBT people.

Fifteen contestants had arrived at the final of the world famous Miss Bumbum competition, whittled down from hundreds of hopefuls.
The event is the last of its kind in Brazil after organizers decided to end the contest which has catapulted winners to fame and fortune.
Instead, a Miss Bumbum World competition is to be held in May next year in Moscow.

This year's contestants included a police woman, an estate agent and a journalist, all vying to be named the best bottom in Brazil.

Before they were brought on stage, the winner of Miss Bumbum Japan, which began this year, was presented to the hundreds of awaiting photographers who had gathered.

Then in front of a panel of judges, the women paraded their bottoms first in a night gown then in a bikini.

Many left little to the imagination as their wiggled and girated to their choice of music, with judges awarding a score between 0 and 10.
Expectation was in the air as the seconds counted down to find out who would be crowned the eighth - and last - Miss Bumbum.

But seconds after Cacau Oliver said Ms Santana's name, bitter rival Ms Uva had jumped on stage to grab her winner's ribbon, before girating and thrusting her bottom in an apparent victory dance.

Confusion ensued as organisers tried to keep order and persuade Ms Uva, representing Rio Grande do Sul state, to hand the ribbon back.
It is not the first time the competition - Brazil's biggest beauty pageant - has been rocked by scandal.

Earlier this year the contest's only black contestant, Cassia Almeida, claimed she was a victim of racism accusing organisers of rigging the online voting so she wouldn't make the final.
The Miss Bumbum franchise was also slammed after producing a Barbie-style doll with a butt lift, claiming the toy's huge behind represented 'real Brazilian curves'.

Ms Santana appears to be emotional as she accepts her victory with a Brazilian flag tied around her neck

Before she was attacked Ms Santana was celebrating her victory with the Brazilian flag draped around her

Ms Santana could only celebrate briefly before she was rudely interrupted by Ms Uva

Last year's competition was rocked by a vote-rigging scandal just days before the final, when a Brazilian newspaper revealed how some hopefuls were using robots to cast thousands of votes to ensure they made it through.

Since it first began in 2011 Miss Bumbum has gained worldwide fame as thousands of women are whittled down to 27, each representing a Brazilian state, before a public vote sends 16 through to the live final.

Winners become overnight celebrities and go on to earn thousands of pounds in modelling contracts and endorsements.
This year's competition, its eighth edition, was based on the theme 'diversity', with competitors including a plus size model and a transsexual for the first time.

Mr Oliver, the competition's founder, explained why he has decided that this year's Miss Bumbum was to be the last, despite its continuing popularity.

He said: 'Miss Bumbum has become Brazil's biggest beauty competition, and one of the most famous in the world. Only the Rio carnival gets more media coverage, and our winners have gone on to become household names, ambassadors of the Brazilian bottom around the world.
'But all good things come to an end. We are now allowing anyone from around the world to compete for the title of the planet's sexiest bottom in Miss Bumbum World. We're excited about finding the world's best bottom.'

The franchise is also launching Miss Bumbum competitions in other countries including Japan and Russia, and a reality show in which transexuals go through sex change surgery.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6358173/Last-Miss-Bumbum-contest-descends-chaos-loser-says-natural-bum.html

cc: kandiikane, tjskii
Re: Last Ever Miss Bumbum Contest Descends Into Chaos In Brazil by Nbote(m): 4:39pm On Nov 06, 2018
Jus imagine...

(1) (Reply)

Face Of African Queen International / Ankara Styles For Ladies 2020: New Designs In This New Month. / We Produce Long And Short Shoes For Police Officers 08142074243 Aba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.