Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,402 members, 7,861,137 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:35 AM

Official: Nigeria 35man Squad Vs Korea - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Official: Nigeria 35man Squad Vs Korea (4317 Views)

Nigeria Vs Korea DPR (4 - 0) U-20 World Cup On June 4th 2015 / Nigeria Vs Korea DPR (6 - 2) FIFA U-20 Women's WC Semi Final On Wed 20th August / Nigeria Vs Korea: U-20 Women's World Cup (2 - 0) On Sunday August 19 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official: Nigeria 35man Squad Vs Korea by sheyee(m): 9:11am On Jul 22, 2010
coal_coal:

I hear that Lagerbeer is on leave so it leaves Eguaveon in charge of the team

Who approves his leave when he has a lot to do, moreover it is not even up to 6 months when he started work.
Re: Official: Nigeria 35man Squad Vs Korea by Yemboy007(m): 9:16am On Jul 22, 2010
Just because of what happened to Kaita at the W.C, he was axed from d squad, but he is the best marker of the ball for Nigeria at d mundial, I dont why Etuhu is prefered instead, he is just a nuisance on d pitch
Re: Official: Nigeria 35man Squad Vs Korea by maxtop(m): 9:43am On Jul 22, 2010
It is a welcome idea but what is a player like Dickson Etuhu doing in the team ? To me he is not a good player and he had a disastrous outing @ the just concluded world cup in fact i was disappointed with the way he played because he wasn't just live up to that expectation and fumbled on many occasions.

I can put my money on this local player because they are very determined and want to showcase there talents to the coaches and to the world at large,especially Gbolahan "Ikemu" Salami. He is a promising star with a lot of skills and determination.
Re: Official: Nigeria 35man Squad Vs Korea by asofejo(m): 9:52am On Jul 22, 2010
who ever invited this list is not the best coach for our national team, where is sanni keita,anichebe,obiorah nwankwo,brother taiye,obasi,stanley okoro, etuhu is a waste of  a player,shittu is not suppose to be recalled when onyekachi apam is still alive, i wonder how nigerian coaches stick with mediocre defensive midfielders who can't mark and play  full 90 minutes effectively, (olofinjana is way better than this clueless dude called etuhu}, hope nff are not bringing back that lagerback of a man{maga don pay}, no more foreign coach, amokachi have no business to be the assistant coach of the team, in my opinion,the final solution is to give samson siasia a 2 or 4 year contract, ayila,pa kanu,calamity yobo,obinna nwaneri,yakubu aiyenonsense,john utaka,rabiu afolabi, should never be invited as a player of the national team, we don't need amodu of a coach to handle the super eagles.
Re: Official: Nigeria 35man Squad Vs Korea by 9jafreak: 10:12am On Jul 22, 2010
[size=16pt]WHO MADE these CHANGES?

What were the criteria?
[/size]
Re: Official: Nigeria 35man Squad Vs Korea by keluk123(m): 10:24am On Jul 22, 2010
@Dandem
What did you need yakubu for? I bow for you sha
Re: Official: Nigeria 35man Squad Vs Korea by semid4lyfe(m): 10:30am On Jul 22, 2010
Wetin Dickson Etuhu dey do for the team ni tori olorun?. The guy is COMPLETELY USELESS and was our worst player in the world cup IMO. The guy is lazy, lacks positioning, doesn't mark well, cannot win balls in midfield or break up opposing attacks and is the worst passer of the ball.The guy na just waste of space. Sometimes, I wonder if our coaches have eyes at all.

Glad Mikel is making a comeback but dissapointed with the ommission of Apam Onyekachi, Sanni Kaita, Victor Anichebe, Heartland's Batholomew Ibenegbu and the U-17 boys - Ramön Azeez, Abduljeleel Ajagun and Sanni Emmanuel. These boys are in their late 20's/early 30's and not U-17's as they claim. I would have preferred a Sanni Emmanuel to a Joseph Akpala for example.
Re: Official: Nigeria 35man Squad Vs Korea by matty1024: 10:45am On Jul 22, 2010
I think this list is a good one, we just need little ommission and inclusion.
Mikel and Haruna should be the best combination in the midfield.
Etuhu is a slow player and hardly mark properly, his inclusion is
faulty, Where is Ayila?? That guy is good, I think he deserve a
call-up! As for Shitu, hmmmm! He is too big and hardly return quick,
but there is something in him that you can't take away (Commitment)!.
Shitu is always serious in every game.
Re: Official: Nigeria 35man Squad Vs Korea by FBS: 10:47am On Jul 22, 2010
Where are the U-17 and U-20 boys? Blend them with the home based players and some players from the current SE.
Pronto!

How can Haruna be on that list?
Re: Official: Nigeria 35man Squad Vs Korea by Smi1(m): 10:51am On Jul 22, 2010
why is Obasi not on the list? I think we need him more
Re: Official: Nigeria 35man Squad Vs Korea by kobikwelu(m): 11:02am On Jul 22, 2010
my own concern is who would be the coach
Re: Official: Nigeria 35man Squad Vs Korea by Bavarian: 11:20am On Jul 22, 2010
Obasi is injured, Rabiu is not playing professional football, Okoro is trying to settle in his new club & the U20 are preparing for their own match. Is it possible that we rather not complain about the list & just look forward to the match? Etuhu is a very good defensive midfielder/tacticaly sound. He is very proffessinal in his aproach & doesn´t do what is not necessary. He has what Shittu has as well "commitment" good list! smiley
Re: Official: Nigeria 35man Squad Vs Korea by sley4life(m): 12:00pm On Jul 22, 2010
10x Yak isnt listed, but he should be arrested
Re: Official: Nigeria 35man Squad Vs Korea by acaolly1(m): 12:04pm On Jul 22, 2010
For God Sake Gbolahan Salami another Kaita, Hmmmm, That Haruna boy is a shit he should not have made that list. Whatever sha Super chicken will still fail. Lets wait and see,
Re: Official: Nigeria 35man Squad Vs Korea by Ibime(m): 12:19pm On Jul 22, 2010
Kaita should not have been dropped from the squad. He is Naija's best DM.

Meanwhile, where is Obiora Nwankwo?

I also notice that Anichebe is missing.

We need to be asking the likes of Angelo Ogbonna, Nedum Onuoha, Chuks Okaka etc to declare for Naija.

Meanwhile, why are they filling up the squad with scrubs from the local league who always lose in CHAN? There are many boys in Europe who havent been given a proper chance yet.

As for that tool called FATkubu who has been giving me hypertension for the last 2 years, all I have to say is THUNDER FIRE YOU AND GOOD RIDDANCE!!!
Re: Official: Nigeria 35man Squad Vs Korea by esteelv: 1:15pm On Jul 22, 2010
I was in Serbia in april and there is this nigerian guy(ajuru nnaemeka,if am right) who was talked about by all football lovers in that country.tho i never watched him play,but the way they talked about him made me wonder why such a guy is not playing for the national team.probably beacause d serbian league isnt popular.

My cousin said the guy might be signed by PSG in france.
Re: Official: Nigeria 35man Squad Vs Korea by deb(m): 2:09pm On Jul 22, 2010
This is the time Nigerian fans need to be patient to allow us build a great new team overtime. It won't happen in one week and we should
not be too particular about result now instead we should watch the improvement in performance per match till the team becomes solid
but I trust naija fans with this our culture of result anyhow even if you don't have a plan for development just win anyhow, that is something
that made Amodu so popular. In advance world they don't think that way and that is why our minds are so corrupt in Nigeria, misplaced values in every aspect of our lives. God help Nigeria!
Re: Official: Nigeria 35man Squad Vs Korea by ixxlaw: 2:52pm On Jul 22, 2010
I hope that while they are rebuilding; they would recruit boys who will be at their optimum and relevant in four years.
Re: Official: Nigeria 35man Squad Vs Korea by Redman44(m): 3:03pm On Jul 22, 2010
I feel the NFF under Maigara is putting the cart before the horse sad sad  We need to appoint a new coach for the Super Eagles before thinking of organising friendly matches. It seems Lars Lagerback is not interested in coaching Nigeria again and I know the current NFF board does not want him. John Obuh should not be distracted from his job with the Flying Eagles.  I don't know why we are in a haste to play South Korea. If we cannot play Grade A teams from Europe, we can play the likes of Serbia, Slovenia, Poland, Bulgaria, Turkey etc. These teams will give us a run for our money. The current NFF board will not achieve much if it continues to rely on the Federal Government for funds. The NFF has to start looking for ways to generate income on its own by starting a Soccer Lottery and taking the Merchandising of National Team Jerseys and track suits seriously. Events where Super Eagles players will feature can be organised and people will pay gate fees to hear the players talk and be able to ask them questions. There are a lot of ways to generate money and I feel the NFF officials have to put on their thinking caps this time around. Cheers.

www.vibes-extra..com
Re: Official: Nigeria 35man Squad Vs Korea by 12large: 4:48pm On Jul 22, 2010
ibeme you and semid4life don't know anything about football, how can keita be nigeria best dm, for me the guy is not even in nigeria top 5 best dm. keita does not have any ball sense whatsoever
Re: Official: Nigeria 35man Squad Vs Korea by chamotex(m): 5:11pm On Jul 22, 2010
A Managerless team . . . . how are we supposed to build.
Re: Official: Nigeria 35man Squad Vs Korea by Parnassuss(m): 5:48pm On Jul 22, 2010
grin grin grin
funniest replies in all NL. I am just too concerned with the coaching arrangments, too bother with the players. Sad about Anichebe and Ibrahim, though. Rabiu always gives his all, Shittu too try by my reconing in the WC, person way run give ball up make strikers proceed, but the ball first am reach back. thank you Yak.
Re: Official: Nigeria 35man Squad Vs Korea by Dgunnerz(m): 6:34pm On Jul 22, 2010
Guys,dis is just an ordinary friendly.Siasia will make an invicible team,if he is given the chance.9ice squad sha!
Re: Official: Nigeria 35man Squad Vs Korea by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jul 22, 2010
Sani Kaita will eventually make it back into the team. Forget about what happened on the touchline, the guy is still our best defensive midfielder.

He hardly commits fouls when marking, only God knows what got into his head on the touchline.

But I will still invite him if I was Eguaveon.
Re: Official: Nigeria 35man Squad Vs Korea by mamagee3(f): 7:25pm On Jul 22, 2010
I hope Obasi, haruna, yakubu, utaka and shittu aren't among the squad.

Seriously, it would be one heck of a disaster if these mofos perform.
Re: Official: Nigeria 35man Squad Vs Korea by Goldenmeda(m): 8:41pm On Jul 22, 2010
y is taye taiwo is missing in dat list. i give my best luck to Mikel, King Osanga, Martins and haruna Lukmon, which den best of luck.
Re: Official: Nigeria 35man Squad Vs Korea by WhoCares3: 9:54pm On Jul 22, 2010
SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL ME , WHY IS TAIYE TAIWO NOT THIS LIST?
Re: Official: Nigeria 35man Squad Vs Korea by WhoCares3: 9:56pm On Jul 22, 2010
somebody please tell me, why is taiye taiwo not on this list?
Re: Official: Nigeria 35man Squad Vs Korea by bawomolo(m): 10:58pm On Jul 22, 2010
who do not have better options than kaita and mikel.
definitely not ayila
Re: Official: Nigeria 35man Squad Vs Korea by Akosbaba(m): 11:39pm On Jul 22, 2010
It's a friendly.meant 4 testing new players
Re: Official: Nigeria 35man Squad Vs Korea by 12large: 4:18am On Jul 23, 2010
keita is and has always been a useless player, even before his redcard against greece i knew that keita do not even deserve a nigeria 50man call up. let me say defensive midfilders better than keita
1. ramon azeez
2. joel obi
3. obiora nwankwo
4. mikel obi
5. ajilore

i mean you cannot have only hardwork and expect to make it as a footballer, you need talent and keita is totally rubbish inn that department. so anybody that thinks keita is naija best dm should go to hell
Re: Official: Nigeria 35man Squad Vs Korea by FBS: 8:04am On Jul 23, 2010
They berra go to Inter and get Obiora Nwankwo to play. That guy is a baller.
And I think Ramon Azeez is also up to the task.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Follow Me For Daily Free Odds... No Scam All Free / Sportybet Balance Adder / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.