Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,341 members, 7,819,202 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

Save Our Souls! : Lokoja-okene-auchi Federal Road On The Radar. - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Save Our Souls! : Lokoja-okene-auchi Federal Road On The Radar. (21482 Views)

Poor State Of Benin-Auchi Federal Highway (Photos) / COVID-19: Kaduna Express Road On Lockdown (Pictures) / The Bad Condition Of Lokoja-Okene Expressway (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Save Our Souls! : Lokoja-okene-auchi Federal Road On The Radar. by lexy2014: 1:37pm On Dec 20, 2018
uthlaw:
your jonathief that awarded it cannot finished it within 7years he govern....we no buy this ur idea try another one.

He isn't my jonathief. He is Nigerias ex president. Jonathan wasn't even in office up to 7years. Let's agree that he did 7years. If d d work on d road started in 2013, pls add 7years to that, that will b 2020. Am sure u aware when Jonathan left office
Re: Save Our Souls! : Lokoja-okene-auchi Federal Road On The Radar. by lexy2014: 1:57pm On Dec 20, 2018
Ranchhoddas:
I never get why people blame accidents on bad roads. On roads such as these, accidents rarely happen since the vehicles move very slowly. It is on the good ones where drivers decide to display their Formula One skills where all the terrible accidents happen.
Bless u bros. Recklessness&over speeding d major cause of accident anywhere in d world not bad roads
Re: Save Our Souls! : Lokoja-okene-auchi Federal Road On The Radar. by lexy2014: 1:58pm On Dec 20, 2018
CoolAmbience:

I am a Buhari supporter too.

I knew he supports Buhari but had to call his attention to that error. This has nothing to do with supporting Buhari.

You may not like Buhari but he has done well.

But how exactly has d president done well?
Re: Save Our Souls! : Lokoja-okene-auchi Federal Road On The Radar. by CoolAmbience(m): 2:23pm On Dec 20, 2018
lexy2014:

But how exactly has d president done well?

1. Return of subtantial respite to the NE. Go and see for yourself.

2. Warri-Itakpe Railway completed after over two decades of political 'higi haga'.
'
3. Abuja Metrorail Project completed and benefiting the populace.

4. Abuja-Kaduna Railway completed and conveying thousands of passengers safely and cost efficiently on weekly basis.

5. Depletion of rice importation by over 80% by raising local production (from over 700,000MT to less than 20,000). More than 10 mechanized rice mills have been set up in the last three years, creating over 10 million jobs.

6. Economic diversification .i.e significant increase in statutory collections like VAT, Import Duty, JAMB, FIRS etc, and enhanced revenue from mining.

7. Implementation of Africa's largest Social Investment Programme, including Schools Feeding Program that has led to over 10 million new enrolments in public schools, in view of adressing the worrisome out-school-children and malnutrition quandaries.

They are so numerous to mention...abeg wait make I drink small water.

Tell me if you want more.....
Re: Save Our Souls! : Lokoja-okene-auchi Federal Road On The Radar. by lexy2014: 3:21pm On Dec 20, 2018
CoolAmbience:

1. Return of subtantial respite to the NE. Go and see for yourself.

2. Warri-Itakpe Railway completed after over two decades of political 'higi haga'.
'
3. Abuja Metrorail Project completed and benefiting the populace.

4. Abuja-Kaduna Railway completed and conveying thousands of passengers safely and cost efficiently on weekly basis.

5. Depletion of rice importation by over 80% by raising local production (from over 700,000MT to less than 20,000). More than 10 mechanized rice mills have been set up in the last three years, creating over 10 million jobs.

6. Economic diversification .i.e significant increase in statutory collections like VAT, Import Duty, JAMB, FIRS etc, and enhanced revenue from mining.

7. Implementation of Africa's largest Social Investment Programme, including Schools Feeding Program that has led to over 10 million new enrolments in public schools, in view of adressing the worrisome out-school-children and malnutrition quandaries.

They are so numerous to mention...abeg wait make I drink small water.

Tell me if you want more.....

I doubt if u have seen d "respite" urself. B that as it may, folks in d troubled areas feel more secure. But d herdsmen crisis has left a very sour taste in our mouths. I can't verify d itakpe-warri rail way story. Its good 2c d abuja rail line completed although much of d work(up to 90%) had been done b4 2015. Its still a subject of controversy between PDP&APC about who should take credit 4 it.

How on earth does revenue from FIRS, VAT, import duty e.t.c. equate to economic diversification? Have they not been sources of income 4 Nigeria b4 2015?

First of, d VP said rice importation has reduced by 97% not 80% according 2u. Its very very easy to verify this rice story. But if u say 80% or 97% of d rice we consume in Nigeria is locally produced, pls which rice do u c in stalls in d market? D rice u ate most recently was it foreign or local?

Ur ten rice mills created 10million jobs? Bros pls how did that happen? Just this week, d DG of NBS, Dr. Kale said more than 20million have lost their jobs under this administration. How do we reconcile this?

CoolAmbience:

My brother, I think u d one who actually needs 2c things 4 urself. Have u come across a video were kids in d northern part of d country were being served food on pieces of paper? Are u aware that it costs d vendors in d school feeding programme N35 to prepare a plate of food for school kids? What type of quality nutritious food can u prepare 4 N35? Can N35 a plate solve malnutrition quandries?

Did u c d recent UNICEF &UBEC report on d number of out-of-school children?
But lets assume ur figure of 10million new enrollment in schools is correct. What is d quality of education and ambience these kids are being subjected to?

Am sure u are done with d water u went 2 drink? Pls tell me d others that are 2 numerous to mention
Re: Save Our Souls! : Lokoja-okene-auchi Federal Road On The Radar. by CoolAmbience(m): 4:09pm On Dec 20, 2018
lexy2014:

I doubt if u urself have seen d "respite" urself. B that as it may, folks in d troubled areas feel more secure. I can't verify d itakpe-warri rail way story. Its good 2c d abuja rail line completed although much of d work(up to 90%) had been done b4 2015. Its still a subject of controversy between PDP&APC.

How on earth does revenue from FIRS, VAT, import duty e.t.c. equate to economic diversification? Have they not been sources of income 4 Nigeria b4 2015?

First of, d VP said rice importation has reduced by 97% not 80% according 2u. Its very very easy to verify this rice story. But if u say 80% or 97% of d rice we consume in Nigeria is locally produced, pls which rice do u c in stalls in d market? D rice u ate most recently was it foreign or local?

Ur ten rice mills created 10million jobs? Bros pls how did that happen? Just this week, d DG of NBS, Dr. Kale said more than 20million have lost their jobs under this administration. How do we reconcile this?

My brother, I think u d one who actually needs 2c things 4 urself. Have u come across a video were kids in d northern part of d country were being served food on pieces of paper? Are u aware that it costs d vendors in d school feeding programme prepare a meal 4 N35 per plate? What type of quality nutritious food can u prepare 4 N35? Can N35 a plate solve malnutrition quandries?

Did u c d recent UNICEF &UBEC report on d number of out-of-school children?
But lets assume ur figure of 10million new enrollment in schools is correct. What is d quality of education and ambience these kids are being subjected to?

Am sure u are done with d water u went 2 drink? Pls tell d others that are 2 numerous to mention

1. First, visit the NE yourself and find out about the respite that has returned. I have been there recently and have lots of friends from there.

2. On the statutory collections, yes monies realized from these channels have swelled really significantly over the past three years and form part of government revenue. I am surprised that you don't know that. Diversification simply means ' creating more sources or optimizing existing revenue sources.

3. Importantly, stop being a liar. The DG of the Bereau of Statistics never said that 20 million people lost their jobs. I think that report is way above your level of comprehension. Go and read it again and get someone knowledgeable to interpret it for you. However, if you look at the figures compared in the report, one can simply deduce that more people joined the unemployment market from the 'not qualified' group than the number of jobs created for the period in review; and not that 20 million lost their jobs.

4. Did your UBEC report say that the out-of-school situation has worsened? What are your proofs to the effect that the quality of education in these schools is poor? Do they use curriculum different from the ones used by others? I went to public schools from start to finish. So, I don't get your point.

5. If the VP said 97% and I say over 80% of reduction in rice importation, please is 97% not over 80%? That should tell you I am being only conservative and not easily given to sensationalism. You don't seem to have what to say on that. I am sure you don't move around the country so often. Go to the market and ask rice dealers and hear them. I have a relative that has been in the rice business for over 40 years.

6. Why can't you verify the Warri-Itakpe Railway project? How did you get these other information you shared here? Please, provide proof that Abuja Metrorail project was 90% complete in 2015.
Re: Save Our Souls! : Lokoja-okene-auchi Federal Road On The Radar. by lexy2014: 4:57pm On Dec 20, 2018
CoolAmbience:

1. First, visit the NE yourself and find out about the respite that has returned. I have been there recently and have lots of friends from there.

2. On the statutory collections, yes monies realized from these channels have swelled really significantly over the past three years and form part of government revenue. I am surprised that you don't know that. Diversification simply means ' creating more sources or optimizing existing revenue sources.

3. Importantly, stop being a liar. The DG of the Bereau of Statistics never said that 20 million people lost their jobs. I think that report is way above your level of comprehension. Go and read it again and get someone knowledgeable to interpret it for you. However, if you look at the figures compared in the report, one can simply deduce that more people joined the unemployment market from the 'not qualified' group than the number of jobs created for the period in review; and not that 20 million lost their jobs.

4. Did your UBEC report say that the out-of-school situation has worsened? What are your proofs to the effect that the quality of education in these schools is poor? Do they use curriculum different from the ones used by others? I went to public schools from start to finish. So, I don't get your point.

5. If the VP said 97% and I say over 80% of reduction in rice importation, please is 97% not over 80%? That should tell you I am being only conservative and not easily given to sensationalism. You don't seem to have what to say on that. I am sure you don't move around the country so often. Go to the market and ask rice dealers and hear them. I have a relative that has been in the rice business for over 40 years.

6. Why can't you verify the Warri-Itakpe Railway project? How did you get these other information you shared here? Please, provide proof that Abuja Metrorail project was 90% complete in 2015.

1. Its good u have visited d north east. I don't need 2 visit d north east. In my first point am sure u read were I wrote that people in that area now feel more secure. But d activities of herdsmen have left a more sour taste in d mouths of Nigerians

2. As for "economic diversification" , d question isn't about whether I no if revenue has increased in d last 3years or not. D object of my inquiry is were FIRS, import duty, VAT not sources of revenue b4 buhari became president? According 2u

"Diversification simply means ' creating more sources or optimizing existing revenue sources."

D key word there is "create'. If u say FIRS, import duty, VAT are economic diversification, was it buhari that created them?

3. Since u are knowledgeable, can u kindly throw light on dr. Kale's report in detail? According 2u
"More people joined d UNEMPLOYMENT MARKET from d "unqualified group", what does that mean"?

4. Yes dude. UBEC said d situation has gotten worse. I didn't tell u that d quality of education in public schools is poor or excellent. D question i asked is " what is d quality of education&ambience these children are subjected to?"

5. D issue of rice is simple. Whether I move around d country or not isn't d issue. If Nigeria presently produces 97% of d rice it consumes, then I don't need 2 "move around d country" b4 I c d rice. I don't need 2 ask rice dealers b4 I c d rice. D rice in stalls in d market, are they foreign or local rice? Do u go 2d market? If u do, then u will c what they sell. D rice u ate recently, is it local or foreign?

6. I wasn't talking about metro rail being 90% complete. I was talking about abuja/Kaduna rail. 4d warri/itakpe rail, I will prefer to keep my fingers crossed until its visible. After all, d 97% locally produced rice is still no where 2b found so far.

What about d other things to numerous to mention?
Re: Save Our Souls! : Lokoja-okene-auchi Federal Road On The Radar. by CoolAmbience(m): 7:53am On Dec 22, 2018
lexy2014:

1. Its good u have visited d north east. I don't need 2 visit d north east. In my first point am sure u read were I wrote that people in that area now feel more secure. But d activities of herdsmen have left a more sour taste in d mouths of Nigerians

2. As for "economic diversification" , d question isn't about whether I no if revenue has increased in d last 3years or not. D object of my inquiry is were FIRS, import duty, VAT not sources of revenue b4 buhari became president? According 2u

"Diversification simply means ' creating more sources or optimizing existing revenue sources."

D key word there is "create'. If u say FIRS, import duty, VAT are economic diversification, was it buhari that created them?

3. Since u are knowledgeable, can u kindly throw light on dr. Kale's report in detail? According 2u
"More people joined d UNEMPLOYMENT MARKET from d "unqualified group", what does that mean"?

4. Yes dude. UBEC said d situation has gotten worse. I didn't tell u that d quality of education in public schools is poor or excellent. D question i asked is " what is d quality of education&ambience these children are subjected to?"

5. D issue of rice is simple. Whether I move around d country or not isn't d issue. If Nigeria presently produces 97% of d rice it consumes, then I don't need 2 "move around d country" b4 I c d rice. I don't need 2 ask rice dealers b4 I c d rice. D rice in stalls in d market, are they foreign or local rice? Do u go 2d market? If u do, then u will c what they sell. D rice u ate recently, is it local or foreign?

6. I wasn't talking about metro rail being 90% complete. I was talking about abuja/Kaduna rail. 4d warri/itakpe rail, I will prefer to keep my fingers crossed until its visible. After all, d 97% locally produced rice is still no where 2b found so far.

What about d other things to numerous to mention?

1. Both BH and herdsmen killings have been brough under check. Comparing BH to herdsmen activities is rather insensitive and callous on your part.

2. How could you ask if collections haven't been done before Buhari's presidency. Isn't that mischievous? My point was simple, how come these revenue generating institutions now post substantially more results than they did?

3. I was right when I said that the NBS DG's report was above you. Let's leave it at that please.

4. I went to public schools and the ambience doesn't reflect what you are trying to portray here. Pupils and students from these public schools compete in the same external exams and employment markets as others. I think they have faired well, if not better, over the
years. I can give you proofs in prominent and illustrious Nigerians.

5. Keep judging the rice you consume by what is written on the sacks. Can you explain the key contributor to Nigeria's trade surplus of about N400billion? Perhaps, this is another complex one right?

6. Whether it is the Abuja Metrorail or Abuja-Kaduna Railway, show me proof that it was 90% complete pre-Buhari era. As for the others, Oga travel and see for yourself! The projects are in this our Nigeria and not obodo oyibo.

Thank you and compliments!
Re: Save Our Souls! : Lokoja-okene-auchi Federal Road On The Radar. by OzziOhinoyi(m): 2:23am On Jul 22, 2020
9jatriot. Kind regards Sir. My write-up for your perusal and consideration. Pg. 1. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos Blue Line Rail 95 % Completed, Says Commissioner / Are There Nigerians In Estonia? / Gov Soludo commenced Dualisation of Ekwueme Square Road with Flyover in Awka(pi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.