Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,771 members, 7,827,848 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:52 PM

Southeast Governors Reject Police Report On Security Incident At Ekweremadu Resi - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Southeast Governors Reject Police Report On Security Incident At Ekweremadu Resi (14354 Views)

We Are Worried About Movement Of Almajiris Into Our Region - SouthEast Governors / Southeast Governors Reject Macban’s Demand For Vigilance Group / Why Southeast Governors Did Not Attend Party's Rally In Sokoto - PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Southeast Governors Reject Police Report On Security Incident At Ekweremadu Resi by FBIL: 7:44am On Nov 08, 2018
Stupid South East Governors! You conspired with Aso-rock to chase Nnamdi Kanu away and proscribe his armless IPOB. IPOB is your beauty, and when a woman wipes off what makes her beautiful, men run away. Upon all the killings of Nigerians and her soldiers, no Northerner or their governor has come out to openly condemn bok haram. And because the SE governors have lost relevance amongst their people, Aso-rock could treat them with disdain. Just imagine the Police turning a clear-cut assassination attempt to burglary.

2 Likes

Re: Southeast Governors Reject Police Report On Security Incident At Ekweremadu Resi by bixton(m): 7:45am On Nov 08, 2018
Bede2u:
actually they hold lots of meeting on developmental issues...and they are building lots of link roads to connect the south east states together...i dont expect that u will know about this since u hate them and dont want to believe that they are not really the problem. Pls do u have any evidence that the fg awarded a project in the SE and instead the govs inflated and ate the money? Which project was that? Which year was that? Or is it just another westside propaganda? U guys are evil and wicked.

An airport owned by the fg damaged since 2016 and u are blaming the govs for not fixing it...who collects the taxes paid by planes using the airport? Is it the govs? So why will they use money meant for state projects to build fg's project. This is the same airport gej rehabilitated that made ethiopia airline to agree to come in...buhari is neglecting it but its ok for u...blame the govs and blame igbos...God sees all these

Please kindly show us evidence of the link roads being constructed to connect the state's in the SE?
In other states, where FG roads are bad, the state's government do the repairs themselves and go claim the money from the FG under a pre-determined agreement and approval by the FG to embark on such.
Or probably you don't know?
The only wickedness that hunts the SE is the one they have amongst themselves.
Re: Southeast Governors Reject Police Report On Security Incident At Ekweremadu Resi by Jimenez(m): 7:50am On Nov 08, 2018
Esseite:
Where were all the guard policemen and DSS when the thieves gained entry?

they went to toilet.
Re: Southeast Governors Reject Police Report On Security Incident At Ekweremadu Resi by Nobody: 7:50am On Nov 08, 2018
Bede2u:
I am more concerned with the 2nd part of the report...Nigeria has been extreemly unfair to igbos
And am talking of both pdp and apc....both obj, gej and pmb.

So the 2nd niger bridge which became necessarry since the 80s is still being denied the east? Yet lagos mainland alone has 3 bridges...with a 4th one being considered...

So the se is the only zone without an international airport...and somehow the rest of the country is ok with it...the thing is that nigeria will never truly develope...unless they carry the east along...u all can bet on that...and as i said..its not about pdp vs apc...its about igbos vs the rest of nigeria

Go and sit down somewhere. I thought you igbos are the richest in Nigeria? Build the bridge as a region/people na. You are national irritants and a spent force in Nigeria's political lexicon.

#istandwithbuharitill2023
Re: Southeast Governors Reject Police Report On Security Incident At Ekweremadu Resi by Bede2u(m): 7:52am On Nov 08, 2018
bixton:

Please kindly show us evidence of the link roads being constructed to connect the state's in the SE?
In other states, where FG roads are bad, the state's government do the repairs themselves and go claim the money from the FG under a pre-determined agreement and approval by the FG to embark on such.
Or probably you don't know?
The only wickedness that hunts the SE is the one they have amongst themselves.

one of such that i could easily get was enugu awka old road built by both the govs of enugu and anambra. There is also a link btw ebonyi and okigwe....built by both states...there is also a link btw anambra and imo built by both states...a ring road is also being planned currently

Pls can u show me one federal road finished by any state gov in nigeria...am waiting.

The only hate in nigeria is hate for igbo progress..everybody knows that...including u

1 Like

Re: Southeast Governors Reject Police Report On Security Incident At Ekweremadu Resi by Bede2u(m): 7:55am On Nov 08, 2018
resurgent4oodua:

Go and sit down somewhere. I thought you igbos are the richest in Nigeria? Build the bridge as a region/people na. You are national irritants and a spent force in Nigeria's political lexicon.

is it yorubas that built the mainland bridges? Yes we are finished...but so is nigeria...cos God will never let nigeria rise without igbos
Re: Southeast Governors Reject Police Report On Security Incident At Ekweremadu Resi by Nobody: 8:00am On Nov 08, 2018
Bede2u:
is it yorubas that built the mainland bridges? Yes we are finished...but so is nigeria...cos God will never let nigeria rise without igbos

You are not rising anywhere. Next year's elections is another test for you. Continue blaming others while cheating yourselves.

Why is the SS not wailing like you igbos? Are you the only Nigerians suffering? Abeg make una go siddon jaree, una wahala too much.

Re: Southeast Governors Reject Police Report On Security Incident At Ekweremadu Resi by murmee: 8:00am On Nov 08, 2018
Esseite:
Where were all the guard policemen and DSS when the thieves gained entry?

A very big question no one is answering. I can imagine the kind of Security details that would be attached to someone as high as the deputy Senate President. So where were Ekeremadu's security staff and what were they doing when thieves or probably assassins gained entrance into the house. Something is definitely not adding up!

1 Like

Re: Southeast Governors Reject Police Report On Security Incident At Ekweremadu Resi by bixton(m): 8:04am On Nov 08, 2018
Bede2u:
one of such that i could easily get was enugu awka old road built by both the govs of enugu and anambra. There is also a link btw ebonyi and okigwe....built by both states...there is also a link btw anambra and imo built by both states...a ring road is also being planned currently

Pls can u show me one federal road finished by any state gov in nigeria...am waiting.

The only hate in nigeria is hate for igbo progress..everybody knows that...including u

Are you reading my posts well?
An incident occurred in an existing airport and nothing stops the state government to sort out its repairs and collect refunds from the FG government.
Did you hear me say states governors are supposed to embark on FG new projects ?
Have you not heard of states governors doing maintenance on FG roads and collecting refunds ?
Or do you want to drag me into your purported marginalization and hatred done against the Igbo ?
There are only 3 tribes in Nigeria and the Igbo is one but if they keep crying about hatred,etc,etc done against them then I think it is their own undoing that caused such.
Re: Southeast Governors Reject Police Report On Security Incident At Ekweremadu Resi by googlepikins: 8:12am On Nov 08, 2018
greatiyk4u:
If it was a case of assassination why then did they spare their lives?

Many of us are threatened on daily basis by armed robbers, thugs, agberos,pick pocket, Fulani herdsmen,SARS,ANTI CULT, etc yet nobody raised a voice in our defence.

Is his life more precious than those who die daily from hunger, road accident, lack of access to quality medical facilities, Fulani and ethnic attackers, book haram, and the rest?

I pity none of those who cause our misery........ Ike should go to hell

Shut-up how much you get? Your life is the same with cockroach

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Southeast Governors Reject Police Report On Security Incident At Ekweremadu Resi by Bede2u(m): 8:57am On Nov 08, 2018
bixton:

Are you reading my posts well?
An incident occurred in an existing airport and nothing stops the state government to sort out its repairs and collect refunds from the FG government.
Did you hear me say states governors are supposed to embark on FG new projects ?
Have you not heard of states governors doing maintenance on FG roads and collecting refunds ?
Or do you want to drag me into your purported marginalization and hatred done against the Igbo ?
There are only 3 tribes in Nigeria and the Igbo is one but if they keep crying about hatred,etc,etc done against them then I think it is their own undoing that caused such.
i gave u e.g of link roads being done by state govs and u still thinking our state govs are the problem? But have u given me just one e.g of a state gov that completed an fg road? None!

It might interest u to know (if u know south east well) that in 2007 enugu and anambra got a go-ahead by yaradua to start building the enugu onitsha express...the anambra started from the niger bridge end while enugu started from abakpa junction end...both had gone far by 2010...but still not a kobo realeased by fg...they had to stop. Till today...they were not refunded their contribution...infact the only reason onitsha looks clean now is because peter obi built the entire onitsha part of the road...shame on u and ur kinds who will never speak out against injustice once it concerns igbos.

Oh i forgot to add...the federal road linking nsukka with enugu and benue became so bad (still is) sullivan had to create another route from abakpa to nsukka by himselfm..clearing bushes and building a magnificient road...u will never hear of these ones...but once we complain about fg...u guys will tell us we are marginalising ourself....without even understanding our issues

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southeast Governors Reject Police Report On Security Incident At Ekweremadu Resi by Bede2u(m): 8:58am On Nov 08, 2018
resurgent4oodua:

You are not rising anywhere. Next year's elections is another test for you. Continue blaming others while cheating yourselves.

Why is the SS not wailing like you igbos? Are you the only Nigerians suffering? Abeg make una go siddon jaree, una wahala too much.

ur own is just igbo vs Yoruba...life goes beyond that....plus 2019 or even 2023 will not be the last election years in nigeria...wat will happen in future...u dont know
Re: Southeast Governors Reject Police Report On Security Incident At Ekweremadu Resi by Bhol28: 9:18am On Nov 08, 2018
Imagine,they just felt like saying something,whether meaninful or not.Does real assassins on such mission go with mere screwdrivers etc.And after gaining access to his room they still spared him.
Re: Southeast Governors Reject Police Report On Security Incident At Ekweremadu Resi by Turantula(m): 9:27am On Nov 08, 2018
asfrank:
They said it wasn't a burglary, what type of weapons were d culprits carrying that makes them feel it was actually an assassination attempt?. They are now calling for rehabilitation of Airport nd completion of Bridge, when it's finally done, nobody will hear thank you, but reminding men of how GEJ or PDP started it, initiated it... As if they were not around to influence those who initiated the project to complete it.
To who? Afonja or Aboki? This my muslim friend you can never cease to amaze me!

Re: Southeast Governors Reject Police Report On Security Incident At Ekweremadu Resi by Turantula(m): 9:32am On Nov 08, 2018
googlepikins:

Shut-up how much you get? Your life is the same with cockroach
This guy is badder than cancer!

Re: Southeast Governors Reject Police Report On Security Incident At Ekweremadu Resi by asfrank(m): 9:34am On Nov 08, 2018
Turantula:

To who? Afonja or Aboki? This my muslim friend you can never cease to amaze me!

see this one, you just assume everyone whose opinion differ from yours is either Yoruba or Hausa? I question the sense of reasoning of most people on this forum. bros I be confirmed christrian, nd nt a Yoruba or Hausa.
Re: Southeast Governors Reject Police Report On Security Incident At Ekweremadu Resi by AkpaMgbor(m): 9:35am On Nov 08, 2018
Soulsymbol99:
Igbo's I think they are there own devil sad abt the Airport, wen there daughters were Aviation Ministers (kema chikwe(Imo) and stella oduah(Anambra) wetin dem do?nw u wnt someone frm another zone 2 fix it. I think dat will be the least of there problems cool
Typical Yoruba revisionist! You guys are very good at rewriting history but we are wiser now..was it not your SW brown envelop media that hounded Stella oduah out of office for a purported bullet proof vehicle? Was it not your media that accused her of having Igbo agenda and maligning of other tribes in the aviation ministry??

1 Like

Re: Southeast Governors Reject Police Report On Security Incident At Ekweremadu Resi by precious1967(m): 10:26am On Nov 08, 2018
The CP has collected upfront money for d lie. Lie lie Mohammed.
Re: Southeast Governors Reject Police Report On Security Incident At Ekweremadu Resi by Nobody: 10:31am On Nov 08, 2018
Bede2u:
ur own is just igbo vs Yoruba...life goes beyond that....plus 2019 or even 2023 will not be the last election years in nigeria...wat will happen in future...u dont know

My grouse with you is that cry marginalization at every turn and it's nauseating. Igboas are touted as the richest and you need to bring that to bear in your region.
Re: Southeast Governors Reject Police Report On Security Incident At Ekweremadu Resi by bixton(m): 9:52pm On Nov 08, 2018
Bede2u:
i gave u e.g of link roads being done by state govs and u still thinking our state govs are the problem? But have u given me just one e.g of a state gov that completed an fg road? None!

It might interest u to know (if u know south east well) that in 2007 enugu and anambra got a go-ahead by yaradua to start building the enugu onitsha express...the anambra started from the niger bridge end while enugu started from abakpa junction end...both had gone far by 2010...but still not a kobo realeased by fg...they had to stop. Till today...they were not refunded their contribution...infact the only reason onitsha looks clean now is because peter obi built the entire onitsha part of the road...shame on u and ur kinds who will never speak out against injustice once it concerns igbos.

Oh i forgot to add...the federal road linking nsukka with enugu and benue became so bad (still is) sullivan had to create another route from abakpa to nsukka by himselfm..clearing bushes and building a magnificient road...u will never hear of these ones...but once we complain about fg...u guys will tell us we are marginalising ourself....without even understanding our issues

Are you saying they got an agreement with Yar'Adua to construct a new road or to maintain/repair/dualise an existing road?

If there was an agreement which the ministry of works should be aware and all things documented, they will get their refunds for it belongs to the states.So any incumbent governor can do a follow up to get refunds from the FG.

Are you saying Peter Obi built a FG road and there was no refund or there was no agreement and he went ahead to do it just to ensure the state looks clean?
Re: Southeast Governors Reject Police Report On Security Incident At Ekweremadu Resi by Bede2u(m): 3:19am On Nov 09, 2018
bixton:

Are you saying they got an agreement with Yar'Adua to construct a new road or to maintain/repair/dualise an existing road?

If there was an agreement which the ministry of works should be aware and all things documented, they will get their refunds for it belongs to the states.So any incumbent governor can do a follow up to get refunds from the FG.

Are you saying Peter Obi built a FG road and there was no refund or there was no agreement and he went ahead to do it just to ensure the state looks clean?
do u get the point? They did it after they were told they will be refunded...still no redund. Do u think they will be keen to do another fg road after that experience
Re: Southeast Governors Reject Police Report On Security Incident At Ekweremadu Resi by bixton(m): 6:26am On Nov 09, 2018
Bede2u:
do u get the point? They did it after they were told they will be refunded...still no redund. Do u think they will be keen to do another fg road after that experience

I am sure they had the necessary documentation and not by word of mouth.
Now since the monies they used were their States money and not their personal money, both States can apply for a refund by any means necessary and any serious incumbent governor can follow the case up. It does not matter how long it takes. What matters is let any incumbent governor take up the case just like they partnered to do the project as long as they have their documents.
Re: Southeast Governors Reject Police Report On Security Incident At Ekweremadu Resi by egike(m): 7:05am On Nov 09, 2018
what hell of bigotry is this na
Re: Southeast Governors Reject Police Report On Security Incident At Ekweremadu Resi by Bede2u(m): 8:33am On Nov 09, 2018
bixton:

I am sure they had the necessary documentation and not by word of mouth.
Now since the monies they used were their States money and not their personal money, both States can apply for a refund by any means necessary and any serious incumbent governor can follow the case up. It does not matter how long it takes. What matters is let any incumbent governor take up the case just like they partnered to do the project as long as they have their documents.

sure they may eventually be refunded...but if u are a gov...will u go and be doing fg projects wen u know u may not get the money in ur tenure? And many ppl in ur state wont even knw u are d one dat did it. Pls be realistic. The eastern govs cannot do the niger bridge...it links anambra and delta...ie SE and SS. I voted buhari because i thought he would do it...but obviously its not a priority
Re: Southeast Governors Reject Police Report On Security Incident At Ekweremadu Resi by bixton(m): 9:02am On Nov 09, 2018
Bede2u:
sure they may eventually be refunded...but if u are a gov...will u go and be doing fg projects wen u know u may not get the money in ur tenure? And many ppl in ur state wont even knw u are d one dat did it. Pls be realistic. The eastern govs cannot do the niger bridge...it links anambra and delta...ie SE and SS. I voted buhari because i thought he would do it...but obviously its not a priority

It's a sad event.
But like I said, the monies belong to the state and not the governor.
It is because every administration wants to tie itself to a project to showcase its relevance whereas in a sane world projects done are supposed to speak for themselves.
Governance is continuum.
Nice to hear you voted for PMB but if it was for the basis of completing that bridge then it was not done in good thoughts.
If all those who voted for PMB have same thoughts like you do before casting votes then I guess we are all forsaken.
And if we are to judge by the number of votes that comes from a particular region and make it a priority for placing projects then as regards the 2015 elections a lot of areas will highly be affected.
Re: Southeast Governors Reject Police Report On Security Incident At Ekweremadu Resi by Bede2u(m): 9:31am On Nov 09, 2018
bixton:

It's a sad event.
But like I said, the monies belong to the state and not the governor.
It is because every administration wants to tie itself to a project to showcase its relevance whereas in a sane world projects done are supposed to speak for themselves.
Governance is continuum.
Nice to hear you voted for PMB but if it was for the basis of completing that bridge then it was not done in good thoughts.
If all those who voted for PMB have same thoughts like you do before casting votes then I guess we are all forsaken.
And if we are to judge by the number of votes that comes from a particular region and make it a priority for placing projects then as regards the 2015 elections a lot of areas will highly be affected.
wat are u talking about....the current niger bridge is shaking because of over use....its the gateway to the east....many ppl use it. A 2nd one is a national priority...not even a regional one. The airport might be a regional priority but the niger bridge is an urgent national need...just like the lagos-ibadan-benin express way. But ppl are playing politics because they believe it only affects igbos. Tell me wat fg has ever done for the east....

I can list for u wat they have done in the north and west since 2007....tell me wat...anything at all the fg has done for the east...pls...this is urgent...am willing to list wat was done in the north and west too if u challenge me
Re: Southeast Governors Reject Police Report On Security Incident At Ekweremadu Resi by bixton(m): 10:06am On Nov 09, 2018
Bede2u:
wat are u talking about....the current niger bridge is shaking because of over use....its the gateway to the east....many ppl use it. A 2nd one is a national priority...not even a regional one. The airport might be a regional priority but the niger bridge is an urgent national need...just like the lagos-ibadan-benin express way. But ppl are playing politics because they believe it only affects igbos. Tell me wat fg has ever done for the east....

I can list for u wat they have done in the north and west since 2007....tell me wat...anything at all the fg has done for the east...pls...this is urgent...am willing to list wat was done in the north and west too if u challenge me

Probably you're leaving in a different country.
You don't understand the politics of Nigeria and politics of development.
Let me say since 1999 till probably about 2015, we have had Igbos from the any of the 5 eastern states in different offices both elected or by appointment on the federal side. What exactly were they doing?
So you expect someone from the north, west or south to use his position to fight for a project to be done in the east?

Please I think you should hold your kinsmen ransom for they are the cause.

Also save us the talk about the 2nd Niger Bridge a national priority because we all can vividly remember the caricature politicking the east played out about it during the last administration.

Whether you accept it or not, the east are the cause of their own problems .That is the simple truth.
Re: Southeast Governors Reject Police Report On Security Incident At Ekweremadu Resi by Bede2u(m): 1:48pm On Nov 09, 2018
bixton:

Probably you're leaving in a different country.
You don't understand the politics of Nigeria and politics of development.
Let me say since 1999 till probably about 2015, we have had Igbos from the any of the 5 eastern states in different offices both elected or by appointment on the federal side. What exactly were they doing?
So you expect someone from the north, west or south to use his position to fight for a project to be done in the east?

Please I think you should hold your kinsmen ransom for they are the cause.

Also save us the talk about the 2nd Niger Bridge a national priority because we all can vividly remember the caricature politicking the east played out about it during the last administration.

Whether you accept it or not, the east are the cause of their own problems .That is the simple truth.
ibb built the 3rd mainland bridge for the west...was he yoruba? Gej built the abuja-kaduna rail for north was he hausa? Was there any northerner or westerner who fought for those projects? Wat exactly u mean by fighting for a project? So all our leaders that have been shouting and begging different presidents for 2nd niger bridge are not fighting?

Do u know that it was stella oduah who made the enugu airport to be international and started refurbishing...do u know that the 1st thing buhari did in aviation sector was to down grade the airport to domestic and abandon the wrks going on in it? All the begging by our leaders to return the status of the airport has fell on deaf ears...it was this same airport he used last yr wen he came to the east...he saw how it was...he was begged to do sometin about it.

The lagos ibadan expressway that gej started...which yoruba leader made him to start it?

Am interested also for u to tell me exactly wat u meant by caricature our leaders made about the niger bridge in last admin. Is that one of the many wild accusations and wrong statements that u have been making since on this thread. None of the things i challenged u to prove could u prove...
Re: Southeast Governors Reject Police Report On Security Incident At Ekweremadu Resi by bixton(m): 1:53pm On Nov 09, 2018
Bede2u:
ibb built the 3rd mainland bridge for the west...was he yoruba? Gej built the abuja-kaduna rail for north was he hausa? Was there any northerner or westerner who fought for those projects? Wat exactly u mean by fighting for a project? So all our leaders that have been shouting and begging different presidents for 2nd niger bridge are not fighting?

Do u know that it was stella oduah who made the enugu airport to be international and started refurbishing...do u know that the 1st thing buhari did in aviation sector was to down grade the airport to domestic and abandon the wrks going on in it? All the begging by our leaders to return the status of the airport has fell on deaf ears...it was this same airport he used last yr wen he came to the east...he saw how it was...he was begged to do sometin about it.

The lagos ibadan expressway that gej started...which yoruba leader made him to start it?

It appears you don't understand what happens within the back doors of power in Nigeria.
Good luck to us all.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Does Buhari Think He's Doing? / The PDP Is Set For Implosion / President Buhari Congratulates Super Falcons For Winning Wafu Women's Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.