Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,521 members, 7,823,245 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:27 AM

How Do I Control Snails Or Exterminate Them? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How Do I Control Snails Or Exterminate Them? (689 Views)

How Do I Control This Reptile On The Farm? / Essential Food For Snails - Don't Feed Your Snails With Anything Other Than Thes / How To Make Your Snails Grow Faster (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Control Snails Or Exterminate Them? by kripen(m): 10:29am On Nov 08, 2018
Pls great farmers in the house. How can I control or exterminate snail in my cucumber farm. Snail are eating up the cucumber fruits and the leaf. It is a problem now.
Pls your advice and solutions is needed.
Re: How Do I Control Snails Or Exterminate Them? by akinsmail51: 11:31am On Nov 08, 2018
Instead of killing them, I would advise you arrange for their kidnapping by baiting them with their choicest foods such as pawpaw or watermelon. You may have to make these available around 5pm-6pm, then return to pick them up by an hour's time. These can also be an alternative source of income for you.

If you decide to go on extermination mission, you may try any of the tricks listed in the link below :
https://m.wikihow.com/Get-Rid-of-Snails

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Control Snails Or Exterminate Them? by kripen(m): 1:07pm On Nov 08, 2018
Thanks for taking your time to proffer these solutions, I will try out some.
Re: How Do I Control Snails Or Exterminate Them? by Seun(m): 1:24pm On Nov 08, 2018
How large is the farm? For a small farm (or garden), smashing them one by one every night until they are all dead is surprisingly effective.

akinsmail51:
Instead of killing them, I would advise you arrange for their kidnapping by baiting them with their choicest foods such as pawpaw or watermelon. You may have to make these available around 5pm-6pm, then return to pick them up by an hour's time. These can also be an alternative source of income for you.
Nice idea. You've said it all.

2 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How Do I Control Snails Or Exterminate Them? by stagger: 1:32pm On Nov 08, 2018
Instead of killing them, why not get them caught and killed for soup?
Re: How Do I Control Snails Or Exterminate Them? by Nobody: 7:46pm On Nov 09, 2018
Seun:
How large is the farm? For a small farm (or garden), smashing them one by one every night until they are all dead is surprisingly effective.

Wow! Really?

1 Like

Re: How Do I Control Snails Or Exterminate Them? by kripen(m): 7:07am On Nov 10, 2018
@seun thanks for the solution for the handpicking, I will add it to other solutions given above. The farm is just on 50by100. I would have love picking and eating the snails, but they are the smallest of the smallest.
Re: How Do I Control Snails Or Exterminate Them? by xheyi: 9:26am On Nov 10, 2018
Try using coffee residues, it is a great repellent

(1) (Reply)

Closed / Big Trees Horticulture / Soya Shaft

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.