Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,722 members, 7,816,972 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

Nigeria V Ireland - Southampton Prodigy Michael Obafemi Gets Ireland Call-up - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria V Ireland - Southampton Prodigy Michael Obafemi Gets Ireland Call-up (599 Views)

Tani Adewumi: 12-year-old Nigerian Chess Prodigy Granted Asylum In The US / Obafemi Martins New House In Lagos (Photos Of The Mansion) / Obafemi Martins Shows Off The Interior Of His House As He Nurses Knee Injury(pho (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria V Ireland - Southampton Prodigy Michael Obafemi Gets Ireland Call-up by dabblesports(m): 3:34pm On Nov 08, 2018
Southampton teenager Michael Obafemi has been given a surprise call-up to Republic of Ireland squad.

This action by the Irish FA is believably to ward off interest from Nigeria.

Obafemi was a shock inclusion in Martin O’Neill’s provisional squad for the games against Northern Ireland and Denmark during the international break

And O’Neill confirmed that one of the reasons for the striker’s inclusion was to stop him being courted by Nigeria.

"I spoke to young Jimmy Dunne, he was delighted with the call and I think he genuinely wants to play for us and that’s important.

"I was less concerned about Obafemi, I think his desire is to play for us at the end of it all.

"I’ve known from the past that even players involved in a 36/37-man squad always get a lift from that.“

Nigeria is believed to have kept track of the youngster’s progress with the hope of an invitation in the near future.

visit:https://www.sportsfora.com

Re: Nigeria V Ireland - Southampton Prodigy Michael Obafemi Gets Ireland Call-up by 7inches: 3:41pm On Nov 08, 2018
tongue

(1) (Reply)

Rohr – It Will Be Hard To Persuade QPR Ebere Eze To Play For Nigeria / Forget Bet9ja, Lionsbet Is The Best Betting Platform In Nigeria / Predict And Win Free Airtime Prizes Man United Vs PSG To Meet TODAY@ 9:00pm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.