Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,833 members, 7,817,440 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:17 PM

Re:fuel Station Director Stabs Manager To Death Over N40K In Anambra (REJOINDER) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Re:fuel Station Director Stabs Manager To Death Over N40K In Anambra (REJOINDER) (331 Views)

Customers Accuse Azman Fuel Station Abuja Of Dispensing Water (Video) / Fatgbems Fuel Station In Abeokuta Dispenses Water To Motorists Instead Of Petrol / Oyeyimika Adeboye, Cadbury Nigeria First Female Managing Director In 50 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Re:fuel Station Director Stabs Manager To Death Over N40K In Anambra (REJOINDER) by bendike: 4:53pm On Nov 08, 2018
Very sad. Even Nigerian employees can frustrate someone.
I remember when i opened my joint years back. I will go there in the evening and see lots of customers there patronizing. When i then do the weekly accounts it will be pittance the manager will declare. And on counting stock same thing.
One afternoon i received a tip from a lady that owned a shop near by. She said what arose her suspicions was a day my manager was strolling past her shop and her sales girl called out to him that she was hungry only for the guy to bring out bundle of cash and gave her 2k for sweet sensation shoo! This is over 11 years ago oh! The young girl told her madam that the guy was the cash-master of the complex.
The lady then told me to monitor the guy.
On a Sunday morning i drove past my joint and who did i see on a bike with 4 crates of beer? My manager!. The guy will sell maybe 20 crates then go and buy back 17 to replace those he sold. I will then be left with little out of which i will still pay staff, rent and other expenses.

Another staff i had will sell and pocket the money brazenly. One night just before closing i asked him how much cash he had from sales. He said nobody paid him. He only hand little money. I just kept quite till the last customer left. I then went to the gate and locked it and came back to sit down. The guy was watching me. I told him i will take stock that night ( which i did). I then told him to go to the balcony and look down to see how high the building is. ie 3 floors pent house. I told him if he does not bring out my money i will throw him downstairs and then put him in the sock-away and close it. No body will know. Omo my cash appeared asap. Sacked him that night.

One of my suppliers who use to be an ex banker saw he could make more profit by opening a bar since he could get drinks cheap. He rented a place, furnished it and started with 2 sales girls. The first day they said they sold 6k. Oya where is the 6k naa, they said they ate food of 500 each. Ha!. Oya where is the 5k, one said she fell ill and bout drugs of 1500. Ok where is the balance. She said when she told her boy friend she was ill and had taken drugs he came visiting so she had to entertain him with 2 bottles. lol. My guy wan die!
After changing several workers he eventually had to stay there himself until he got tired and closed up the place.

Bottom-line, workers can frustrate you and if you are not calm enough, mistake fit happen.
Re: Re:fuel Station Director Stabs Manager To Death Over N40K In Anambra (REJOINDER) by Vicyace: 7:44pm On Nov 08, 2018
First hand experience from a Nigerian employer of labour. Gbam

(1) (Reply)

1000$ Itunes Card Urgently Needed, Fast Payment / . / Businessman Shot More Than 30 Bullets By Gunmen, Miraculously Survives (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.