Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,569 members, 7,812,840 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:25 PM

Supersport Acquires Epl Rights For Nigeria, What Now Happens To Hitv? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Supersport Acquires Epl Rights For Nigeria, What Now Happens To Hitv? (2384 Views)

OSMI Acquires Premier League Free-to-air Rights For Sub-saharan Africa Region / The End Of Hitv - Multichoice/dstv Wins Back Epl Coverage Rights In Nigeria / Supersport Acquires Epl Rights For Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Supersport Acquires Epl Rights For Nigeria, What Now Happens To Hitv? by Fraba(m): 9:37am On Jul 22, 2010
Re: Supersport Acquires Epl Rights For Nigeria, What Now Happens To Hitv? by Okijajuju1(m): 9:38am On Jul 22, 2010
HITV will now be as useless as NTA. grin
Re: Supersport Acquires Epl Rights For Nigeria, What Now Happens To Hitv? by Fraba(m): 9:44am On Jul 22, 2010
DSTV will now continue to charge silly high prices. I need to dust up my dual view decoder to avert fight with the wifey for E-Channel/EPL cry cry
Re: Supersport Acquires Epl Rights For Nigeria, What Now Happens To Hitv? by Akainzo(m): 10:49am On Jul 22, 2010
HiTV now has to develop its content beyond football.

Yes, they have used EPL to launch themselves, but I am dismayed that they have not done so much to develop more content. Once the EPL season ended, HiTV programming was lost in the oceans.
Now they have a fight on their hands and I do hope (as a Nigerian) that they rise up to the occasion.
Re: Supersport Acquires Epl Rights For Nigeria, What Now Happens To Hitv? by Kx: 10:53am On Jul 22, 2010
both companies-hitv and ss,claimed to have won the exclusive-100% right to air d epl to nigeria market.
who won what pls?
Re: Supersport Acquires Epl Rights For Nigeria, What Now Happens To Hitv? by mide(m): 11:30am On Jul 22, 2010
What happens now to HiTV?

Thats the question! But we need to confirm this news. If its true, I would suggest HiTV steps up their game and challenges DsTV in this cable broadcasting market.

HiTV needs to improve their content to challenge their competitors. Movies, Better Cartoons, Series and more thought provoking channels that would keep viewers entertained.

DsTV - Well done! You've seen a market and you're taking hold of it to your advantage. More grease to your palms.

Viva Nigeria.
Re: Supersport Acquires Epl Rights For Nigeria, What Now Happens To Hitv? by nuladinho(m): 3:55pm On Jul 26, 2010
because they had the epl they think they have arrived, started harrasing view centrs who form about 60percent of thier customers, now epl is back on dstv, good riddance to hitv, good riddance to the nigerian mentality of not caring about customers as long money is flowing.longlive dstv grin
Re: Supersport Acquires Epl Rights For Nigeria, What Now Happens To Hitv? by dominique(f): 10:38pm On Jul 27, 2010
Akainzo:

HiTV now has to develop its content beyond football.

Yes, they have used EPL to launch themselves, but I am dismayed that they have not done so much to develop more content. Once the EPL season ended, HiTV programming was lost in the oceans.
Now they have a fight on their hands and I do hope (as a Nigerian) that they rise up to the occasion.

thank you! if HITV execs were smart, they wouldn't have banked on EPL as the sole appeal on their bouquet. right now they're hanging on a thread, hope they don't totally crash and fall apart. one thing's for sure, that 6,000 tarriff will be slashed down drastically.

(1) (Reply)

Adidas & Arsenal Kit Deal To Happen In 2013? / Man United V West Ham [1 - 0] On Saturday 28th August 2010 / Chelsea Is Greater Than Arsenal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.