Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,140 members, 7,829,075 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:42 PM

Sniper Used In Preserving Beans. Good Or Bad - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Sniper Used In Preserving Beans. Good Or Bad (2008 Views)

The Chicken I Bought 6500 - Good Or Bad Bargain? / See Yam I Bought For 1500 Naira. Did I Do Good Or Did They Shave My Head / Python Killed In Ovim Abia State, Used In Making Pepper Soup & Fried Meat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sniper Used In Preserving Beans. Good Or Bad by Biafrareform(m): 9:40am On Nov 09, 2018
You all read about this yesterday HUH. Have been seeing it everywhere calling on people to stop eating beans. BTW, those involved ain't Hausa boys, they are Igbo traders.

Those involved in this have been arrested by the police.

You see, the kinda country we are. Even the police heading an investigative unit ain't aware in their years of existence the other use of sniper (insecticide).
While I primary school I was taught that insecticide or chemicals are used in preserving maize, grains from insect or rodents.

It's normal practice in Nigeria and all over the world to spray grains like Maize and beans with insecticide to prevent insect infestation.

These pesticides were either applied in the farm during cultivation or at storage to preserve the beans from weevils.

The other name for sniper is dichlovors which is a preservative for storing beans worldwide. The main uses of dichlorvos are for insect control in food storage areas, greenhouses, and barns, and for parasite control in livestock.

Whenever sniper is heated with boiling water it loses it Powers. The poisonous substances will evacuate the beans immediately when cooked due to the pressure exerted by the boiling point of the water. Hence, returning the beans to its normal state and then ready for human consumption.

Police should Release these guys and please stop the message. Rather proper hygiene should be employed when cooking food.

Re: Sniper Used In Preserving Beans. Good Or Bad by donbachi(m): 9:54am On Nov 09, 2018
It's bad badder mmbaddermber.

1 Like

Re: Sniper Used In Preserving Beans. Good Or Bad by duality(m): 10:45pm On May 14, 2022
Biafrareform:

You all read about this yesterday HUH. Have been seeing it everywhere calling on people to stop eating beans. BTW, those involved ain't Hausa boys, they are Igbo traders.

Those involved in this have been arrested by the police.

You see, the kinda country we are. Even the police heading an investigative unit ain't aware in their years of existence the other use of sniper (insecticide).
While I primary school I was taught that insecticide or chemicals are used in preserving maize, grains from insect or rodents.

It's normal practice in Nigeria and all over the world to spray grains like Maize and beans with insecticide to prevent insect infestation.

These pesticides were either applied in the farm during cultivation or at storage to preserve the beans from weevils.

The other name for sniper is dichlovors which is a preservative for storing beans worldwide. The main uses of dichlorvos are for insect control in food storage areas, greenhouses, and barns, and for parasite control in livestock.

Whenever sniper is heated with boiling water it loses it Powers. The poisonous substances will evacuate the beans immediately when cooked due to the pressure exerted by the boiling point of the water. Hence, returning the beans to its normal state and then ready for human consumption.

Police should Release these guys and please stop the message. Rather proper hygiene should be employed when cooking food.

What about rice. Weevil wan destroy my bags of rice.

(1) (Reply)

.:. Ginger Tea Lovers,hop In .:. / Alternatives To Jumia Food / Reason Why Coke Is A Detergent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.