Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,690 members, 7,820,403 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

''There is nothing better outside Nigeria'' -Pregnant Libyan Returnee Laments - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / ''There is nothing better outside Nigeria'' -Pregnant Libyan Returnee Laments (512 Views)

More Than 60 Dead Off Libyan Coast In Latest Migrant Tragedy / I Regret Deceiving My Father To Raise ₦800,000 For Libyan Trip — Returnee / Libyan Govt Breaks Into Homes Of Nigerian Immigrants, Dump Them In Prisons(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

''There is nothing better outside Nigeria'' -Pregnant Libyan Returnee Laments by jesutakewe(f): 12:07pm On Nov 09, 2018
The National Emergency Management Agency has received a fresh batch of 120 stranded Nigerians from Libya - The returnees arrived at the MMIA Cargo Wing at about 9:15 pm via AL Buraq Air - They comprised 29 female adults, five female children, four female infants, 75 male adults, two male children and five male infants The National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) has announced that they on Thursday, November 8, received a fresh batch of 120 stranded Nigerians from Libya. Channel TV reports that the returnees were received by the acting zonal coordinator of NEMA, Segun Afolayan and other federal government agencies. The agency said the returnees that arrived at the MMIA Cargo Wing at about 9:15 pm via AL Buraq Air were brought back with the help of the International Organisation for Migration.

NEMA further noted that they were brought mainly from three cities of Sabha, Bram Alshati and Oubari. The returnees comprised 29 female adults, five female children, four female infants, 75 male adults, two male children and five male infants. While welcoming them back, Afolayan asked the returnees to make good use of the second chance afforded by the IOM and God Almighty after surviving the dangers of illegal migration. She said: “I was deceived that I would get a better job at Germany as a stylist, there were 20 of us in the team and we were promised that we would fly to Germany but after two weeks, we found ourselves in Niger Republic. After three weeks we were in Libya, Madam told all of us that, we can’t cross over but we have to become prostitutes in order to refund her money which was 1.4 million naira.

“I resorted to fervent prayers and pleaded with madam that it is a taboo in our family to prostitute. I pleaded with her to give another option. I was asked to work at a restaurant and was able to refund her money. “Immediately I finished paying her money, I started working on my own to get some money but my madam organised my kidnapped and I was bailed by her with about N650,000 and she doubled the amount and said that I must pay her N1.3 million. I paid her by doing all sorts of work. I left Nigeria in 2014. I returned with nothing to show for the wasted four years.

“I want to beg those people thinking about travelling illegally to desist. There is nothing better outside Nigeria. ''Is it the freedom to move around, is it the liberty to engage in work without fear of hoodlums breaking into your house and taking away your sweat because there is no banking system for us? We have to keep our cash with us and the boys invade us to take it away. Nigerians should stay and look for better opportunities here please.” Meanwhile, Legit.ng had reported that one hundred and seventy Nigerians deported from Libya arrived Lagos. The deportees arrived aboard a chartered BURAQ Airline. The flight with registration number 5A-DMG, landed at about 8.25pm with the 171 deportees. The returnees comprised of 70 female adults including 9 pregnant women, 90 male adults, 3 children and 8 infants.

Read more: https://www.legit.ng/1202976-nema-receives-120-nigerian-returnees-libya.html

Re: ''There is nothing better outside Nigeria'' -Pregnant Libyan Returnee Laments by Nbote(m): 12:11pm On Nov 09, 2018
Libya isnt d only place outside Nigeria...

1 Like

Re: ''There is nothing better outside Nigeria'' -Pregnant Libyan Returnee Laments by jesutakewe(f): 12:14pm On Nov 09, 2018
Nbote:
Libya isnt d only place outside Nigeria...

Lol, na where person know reach e go talk reach na.
But she was able to pass the message.
The little freedom we enjoy here in Nigeria FOC better than the greener pasture some are killing themselves on Mediterrean Seaa (Not sure of the spelling.) for.

2 Likes

Re: ''There is nothing better outside Nigeria'' -Pregnant Libyan Returnee Laments by jesutakewe(f): 1:07pm On Nov 09, 2018
But why can't these human traffickers be caught and arrested for good?
Re: ''There is nothing better outside Nigeria'' -Pregnant Libyan Returnee Laments by elderken(m): 5:30pm On Nov 10, 2018
The madam no get name.that is how they'll be shielding one illegal idiot call madam. Tell us the madam name and how you met her

(1) (Reply)

See The Beautiful Kotoka Airport | My Trip From Lagos To Accra / I Need A Description Pls / Top 5 Surprising FACTS About Canada And USA ; Canada Wins Always!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.