Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,181 members, 7,818,566 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

White Baby Born To Black Couple To Be Tested - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / White Baby Born To Black Couple To Be Tested (7871 Views)

Buhari’s Integrity’ll Soon Be Tested In Kogi / Mystery As Nigerian Couple Gives Birth To White Baby In Uk / Strange: Nigerian Couple In Uk Give Birth To A White Baby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: White Baby Born To Black Couple To Be Tested by tpiah: 8:23pm On Jul 22, 2010
mama-gee:

I just wanted to make it clear to you that your statement is offensive, that's just the point.

just shut up, you nitwit.

someone said a chinese couple gave birth to a black baby in Africa.

do you need an unidentified flying object to tell you  chinese + chinese does not produce black negro.

ode.

why not go start a daft thread on skin tone, you slowpoke.
Re: White Baby Born To Black Couple To Be Tested by mamagee3(f): 8:24pm On Jul 22, 2010
Confused, ravaging clit!

*officially ignored*
Re: White Baby Born To Black Couple To Be Tested by bkbabe90(m): 8:28pm On Jul 22, 2010
ikenwan:

Jamaican patois even have the terms "red Ibo" and "yellow Ibo" to describe black people with lighter skin tones. It is also were the American terms "red bone" or "yellow bone" comes from.

.ROFLMAO!!! Yall Ibos wont gimme a heart attack; I refuse!!! Now Jamaicans acknowledge yall too! Immediately I seen that crazy statement I called my boy real quick! Nigga its : REDI BO'= Red Bone! The "ne" at the end of Bone is just silent! Wow!!!
Re: White Baby Born To Black Couple To Be Tested by philip0906(m): 8:31pm On Jul 22, 2010
Posted by: bk/babe90
Insert Quote
Quote from: ikenwan on Today at 07:46:01 PM

Jamaican patois even have the terms "red Ibo" and "yellow Ibo" to describe black people with lighter skin tones. It is also were the American terms "red bone" or "yellow bone" comes from.

.ROFLMAO!!! Yall Ibos wont gimme a heart attack; I refuse!!! Now Jamaicans acknowledge yall too! Immediately I seen that crazy statement I called my boy real quick! Nigga its : REDI BO'= Red Bone! The "ne" at the end of Bone is just silent! Wow!!!

cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin
Re: White Baby Born To Black Couple To Be Tested by mamagee3(f): 8:36pm On Jul 22, 2010
sjeezy8:

albino . . . dad mom sis and bro
Re: White Baby Born To Black Couple To Be Tested by ikenwan: 8:53pm On Jul 22, 2010
bk/babe90:

I'm glad "your boy" has taken the time to study the etymological origins of his patois. But I can assure you, the etymology of the word "redi bo" comes from "red Ibo."If you would like sources, I expect you would ask.
Re: White Baby Born To Black Couple To Be Tested by bkbabe90(m): 8:58pm On Jul 22, 2010
ikenwan:

I'm glad "your boy" has taken the time to study the etymological origins of his patois. But I can assure you, the etymology of the word "redi bo" comes from "red Ibo."If you would like sources, I expect you would ask.

Fam, MY BOY IS JAMAICAN FROM TIVOLI MOTH.ER.FUXCK.ING GARDENS!!!! (Hey, he asked me to slam it into your head that way) YOU WANNA ARGUE WITH HIM ABOUT HIS LANGUAGE AND HERITAGE?! Lol. Same way yall claiming Michelle Obama as Ibo all ova the web, ridiculous. . . . !!! lol
Re: White Baby Born To Black Couple To Be Tested by ikenwan: 9:06pm On Jul 22, 2010
"Your boy" could be Dudus's son for all I care. If he doesn't know jack-shite about the history of the language he speaks, he knows nothing. That is all.
Re: White Baby Born To Black Couple To Be Tested by bkbabe90(m): 9:08pm On Jul 22, 2010
ikenwan:

Etymological my nuts! Pseudo-intelligent Big words aint helping u out on this one bro!
Re: White Baby Born To Black Couple To Be Tested by bkbabe90(m): 9:09pm On Jul 22, 2010
ikenwan:

"Your boy" could be Dudus's son for all I care. If he doesn't know jack-shite about the history of the language he speaks, he knows nothing. That is all.

Sure, but u, an Ibo man, knows more about his language and history than him, right? wow!
Re: White Baby Born To Black Couple To Be Tested by ikenwan: 9:15pm On Jul 22, 2010
No, being an amateur ethnolinguist, I know about the history of that particular word, and how it came about in the patois's and creoles that sprang up in the American South and in the Caribbean.
Re: White Baby Born To Black Couple To Be Tested by bkbabe90(m): 9:33pm On Jul 22, 2010
ikenwan:

No, being an amateur ethnolinguist, I know about the history of that particular word, and how it came about in the patois's and creoles that sprang up in the American South and in the Caribbean.

Wuteva! I'm the guy that invented the Microwave, AirBus, and Torpedo! Like I asked: Do u know the language more than a native born Jamaican?
Re: White Baby Born To Black Couple To Be Tested by ikenwan: 9:53pm On Jul 22, 2010
I am becoming very disappointed in Nairaland. I'd expected a healthy discussion, not having to explain simple terms to a person with limited comprehension, but I will recap my last arguments:

1. the baby is as light as she is because it is a gene relatively common among Igbo people. It means nothing or the other, except what you make of it.
2. the term "red Ibo" comes about because of this. It means nothing or the other, except what you make of it.

That said, the term "red bone" came from Anglicized pronunciation of "red Ibo" as "redi bo." Here are the sources:

http://books.google.com/books?id=EY5E5bp9KGwC&lpg=PR21&dq=red%20ibo&pg=PR21
http://books.google.com/books?id=6XZxy1y-GAoC&lpg=PA143&dq=red%20bone%20Ibo&pg=PA143

This is the last response you will get. Yeah. That means you won't get another one.
Re: White Baby Born To Black Couple To Be Tested by bkbabe90(m): 10:27pm On Jul 22, 2010
ikenwan:

This is the last response you will get. Yeah. That means you won't get another one.

Believe me, none would be needed! And to use your own club to cave your head in. . . . . .

" If there is a pidgin variety in the area at the time of the formation if the word, the form *redi [/b]with enclitic vowel could haved developed; the vowel would have later been taken as belonging to the second etymon. [b]An optional nasalization rule like that postulated by Alleyne (1980) might have reduced bone to bo, or rather have caused the general group of whites who observed the pidgin to analyze bo as[i] bone[/i]."

http://books.google.com/books?id=6XZxy1y-GAoC&lpg=PA143&dq=red%20bone%20Ibo&pg=PA143

So, seeing as I used something u provided me to prove my boy right, dont u think u'd be better off switching professions. Say, going from a self-proclaimed amateur ethnolinguist to, maybe, a full time, Professional i*di.ot?
Re: White Baby Born To Black Couple To Be Tested by coalcoal1(m): 5:54am On Jul 23, 2010
did I just read somewhere that the lady's mum's name is AMEBO?

(1) (2) (Reply)

PDP Governors Boycott Tukur’s Book Launch / Emergency Numbers For Nigerians: Police, FRSC And More.. / Boko Haram Kills Two At Yobe Collation Centre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.