Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:35 AM

Revenue Collection Hits N4.3trillion, Says FIRS - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Revenue Collection Hits N4.3trillion, Says FIRS (6922 Views)

Anambra State Government To Begin Digital Revenue Collection / FG To Stop Customs From Revenue Collection / Senate Summons Hameed Ali Over Plan To Concession N3tn Revenue Collection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Revenue Collection Hits N4.3trillion, Says FIRS by MrAJQ(m): 7:24am On Nov 10, 2018
By Naomi Uzor
F ederal Inland Revenue Service, FIRS, yesterday disclosed that it had recorded a remarkable performance in terms of revenue collection this year, adding that, as at October 31st, it recorded a collection of N4.3trillion.

Speaking at the FIRS special day at the ongoing Lagos International Trade Fair, the Executive Chairman, Babatunde Fowler said the service had the potential to meet its assigned target at the end of the year.

“We realize that this performance wouldn’t have been possible but for the present administration’s policies of expanding the nation’s tax base and blocking revenue leakages. You may be aware that we have recently focused our attention on businesses with over a billion naira in annual turnover but no record of commensurate payment of their tax obligations; approximately 6000 plus of such companies have been identified and contacted by the Service leveraging on various data sources; we will continue to focus on recovering all such revenues due to the Federal Government and the people of Nigeria”

“We encourage the business community and all well-meaning citizens to continue to partner with us to ensure that defaulters are traced and face the consequences while compliant businesses receive all the support they require,” he said.

On their part, he said, they are working hard to ensure that the FIRS was in full alignment with all efforts to grow national revenue from taxation while easing the administrative burdens inherent.

“We place emphasis on human resources as one of several tools to achieve our aim of expanding the tax net- this is why we recently recruited young Nigerians to support our bid to effectively provide adequate services to all the nooks and crannies of the country”, he stated.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/11/revenue-collection-hits-n4-3trillion-says-firs/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Revenue Collection Hits N4.3trillion, Says FIRS by Racoon(m): 7:25am On Nov 10, 2018
Yet the clueless APC government will still borrow to service debt.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Revenue Collection Hits N4.3trillion, Says FIRS by Nobody: 7:29am On Nov 10, 2018
If true, why are they borrowing

I don't always believe any figure government provides. From the time our population census was rigged till date, I don't take them serious.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Revenue Collection Hits N4.3trillion, Says FIRS by MrAJQ(m): 7:31am On Nov 10, 2018
So, I shouted Sai Baba. People like ATIKU, OBJ, TY Danjuma, Dokpesi and many others have started paying tax. No wonder they're desperate to return to power.

As our lord will have it, truth shall prevail over lies, light shall prevail over darkness, integrity shall prevail over money and PMB shall prevail over his bittered enemy.

So, I shouted Sai Baba. If you're angry with that use the other option.

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Revenue Collection Hits N4.3trillion, Says FIRS by Nobody: 7:35am On Nov 10, 2018
Bragalane:
Many of you hopeless Igbos on NL no just gree get sense.

You are stupid, kid! Answer or keep quiet!

21 Likes

Re: Revenue Collection Hits N4.3trillion, Says FIRS by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:41am On Nov 10, 2018
GOD BLESS OUR PRESIDENT MUHAMMADU BUHARI

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Revenue Collection Hits N4.3trillion, Says FIRS by Yankee101: 7:42am On Nov 10, 2018
And Buhari still wants to borrow to fund 8trillion budget?

Something is not adding up

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Revenue Collection Hits N4.3trillion, Says FIRS by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:42am On Nov 10, 2018
MrAJQ:
So, I shouted Sai Baba. People like ATIKU, OBJ, TY Danjuma, Dokpesi and many others have started paying tax. No wonder they're desperate to return to power.

As our lord will have it, truth shall prevail over lies, light shall prevail over darkness, integrity shall prevail over money and PMB shall prevail over his bittered enemy.

So, I shouted Sai Baba. If you're angry with that use the other option.
GOD BLESS YOU.
It's always good to see that we still have reasonable youths like you in the country.
All hope is not lost.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Revenue Collection Hits N4.3trillion, Says FIRS by israelmao(m): 7:43am On Nov 10, 2018
Necessity is the mother of invention.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Revenue Collection Hits N4.3trillion, Says FIRS by manuelcc(m): 7:43am On Nov 10, 2018
OkaNaUbe:

I don't always believe any figure government provides. From the time our population census was rigged till date, I don't take them serious.

This is in naira...they borrow in dollars

1 Like

Re: Revenue Collection Hits N4.3trillion, Says FIRS by Flattino(m): 7:44am On Nov 10, 2018
This can happen only under PMB watch
Sai baba!

6 Likes

Re: Revenue Collection Hits N4.3trillion, Says FIRS by mrvitalis(m): 7:45am On Nov 10, 2018
OkaNaUbe:

We are borrowing because we pay workers with over 320 billion every month... Plus service loan with over 200 billion every month... Take that out multiple it by 12... Subtract from the revenue generated u would get a negative... Now that's why we borrow

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Revenue Collection Hits N4.3trillion, Says FIRS by MrAJQ(m): 7:46am On Nov 10, 2018
post=72836688:

GOD BLESS YOU.
It's always good to see that we still have reasonable youths like you in the country.
All hope is not lost.

Thank you

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Revenue Collection Hits N4.3trillion, Says FIRS by moneyadulttube: 7:46am On Nov 10, 2018
smiley smiley
Re: Revenue Collection Hits N4.3trillion, Says FIRS by Caseless: 7:46am On Nov 10, 2018

Sai Baba!

Sai APC!

Sai tunde Fowler!

Give a southwesterner a job that has to do with revenue generation and finances and they'll deliver anytime, any day .

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Revenue Collection Hits N4.3trillion, Says FIRS by FrenchWay: 7:46am On Nov 10, 2018
Apc dey lie
All dem members dey mxxxd
Re: Revenue Collection Hits N4.3trillion, Says FIRS by WhoBeThisMan: 7:46am On Nov 10, 2018
If you are making so much, why are they borrowing so much ?

This is just FRIS, Not to talk of revenue from oil.

2 Likes

Re: Revenue Collection Hits N4.3trillion, Says FIRS by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:48am On Nov 10, 2018
MrAJQ:

Thank you
You are always welcome bro.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Revenue Collection Hits N4.3trillion, Says FIRS by Naza25: 7:48am On Nov 10, 2018
So what have they been using all the money for
Re: Revenue Collection Hits N4.3trillion, Says FIRS by mrvitalis(m): 7:49am On Nov 10, 2018
A country of 180 million people making roughly 12 billion dollars ...tgats stupidity if we want developments

The truth is until our revenue hit 100bn dollars or more we won't hit the type of development we want

If any Nigerian sincerely want development ..averagely we should be able to contribute 200k or more every year (tax) ...i said averagely some would pay 20k some 20 million some billions

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Revenue Collection Hits N4.3trillion, Says FIRS by Kennedy94(m): 7:50am On Nov 10, 2018
But why do they still borrow peanut if we can be getting this as our revenue
Re: Revenue Collection Hits N4.3trillion, Says FIRS by Yaba4sure: 7:51am On Nov 10, 2018
Yet d govt still went and borrow money from China
Re: Revenue Collection Hits N4.3trillion, Says FIRS by Corrinthians(m): 7:51am On Nov 10, 2018
Racoon:
Yet the clueless APC government will still borrow to service debt.
Tirade of a confirmed ignoramus. Even the US burrows in case you're not aware.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Revenue Collection Hits N4.3trillion, Says FIRS by mamotalk: 7:53am On Nov 10, 2018
A beg, who knows the whereabouts of Oshiomole? Cos I cant understand all this 'he don com, him never enter tales'

And besides, someone help me ask Lai whether that man don eat from the 3.5m today
Re: Revenue Collection Hits N4.3trillion, Says FIRS by bigpicture001: 7:53am On Nov 10, 2018
..of what difference will that make if they will end up giving 1percent of that o tinubu's remitta

1 Like

Re: Revenue Collection Hits N4.3trillion, Says FIRS by iammo(m): 7:53am On Nov 10, 2018
Borrowing is simply because we get the revenue in streams, bit by bit. And to Cob having abandoned projects across the Nation, we need this loans with little interest to get things done faster else we may just continue having the PDP style abandoned projects everywhere, according to Debt management office our capacity for loan is still very much high, my only concerns are better repayment plans, like electronic tolling on all Federal roads funded by loan, and concessioning of the new airports to better private managers who can make profit and service loan while paying taxes

However

My concerns with this FIRS figures, is that businesses are closing down yet revenue from taxes keeps increasing, I hope FG isn't killing SME s with multiple taxation

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Revenue Collection Hits N4.3trillion, Says FIRS by WhoBeThisMan: 7:53am On Nov 10, 2018
mrvitalis:

We are borrowing because we pay workers with over 320 billion every month... Plus service loan with over 200 billion every month... Take that out multiple it by 12... Subtract from the revenue generated u would get a negative... Now that's why we borrow
there is a budget of 8+ trillion, I believe all salaries were captured in the budget. What about revenue from oil

3 Likes

Re: Revenue Collection Hits N4.3trillion, Says FIRS by jrusky(m): 7:56am On Nov 10, 2018
Abeg make una waka one side nonsense people cooking nonsense figures.

N4.3trillion and all your offices around the country look like dump site? N4.3trillion and yet Nigeria still look this way?

Una dey craze who your bogus useless figures help

Same way the useless custom too claimed they have generate N10.9trillion in less than 6 months the bloody liars trying to deceive the zombies to show Buhari is working and yet upon all their useless figure no road, all power plants shut down, all govt parastatals offices are like abandon building, yet 19 million kids still out of school, yet children still studying under the trees, the nonsense is endless.........

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari's Campaign DG Set To Lose State To PDP, As Atiku Leads Massively In 9 LGA / NNPC: Ikeja gas pipeline leakage Was Caused By Road Construction / IBB To Media: Ignore Those Preaching Disunity In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.