Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,231 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:08 AM

5 Disappointments People Often Face In Life - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 5 Disappointments People Often Face In Life (27584 Views)

This Dude Is One Of (if Not The Biggest) Disappointments This Year. It Seems Lik / Seeing Through The Eyes Of Disappointments / What's Your Biggest Regret In Life So Far? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Disappointments People Often Face In Life by Admitwithschola: 3:50pm On Nov 10, 2018
BedLam:
Mediocre. Marriage, children and formal education doesn't make anyone anymore. People adopt kids and the love is there. People don't even marry anymore.

Education is way too overrated that companies are beginning to hire people without degrees. Go figure. Nairaland is a joke and will always be.

There are certain tasks that you can't complete without education..Otherwise Facebook and Google, not to mention the many others, won't be filled with mostly master's and PhD holders.

1 Like

Re: 5 Disappointments People Often Face In Life by mechanics(m): 3:57pm On Nov 10, 2018
But when we have God on our side, we will surely surpass any form of disappointments.
Re: 5 Disappointments People Often Face In Life by Nobody: 3:59pm On Nov 10, 2018
life is really frustrating especially after graduating in Nigeria
Re: 5 Disappointments People Often Face In Life by NarnieSnyper(m): 4:02pm On Nov 10, 2018
moststylish:
bro I would like to know who you follow on youtube to get your web development skills. Thanks

Someone sent me videos for HTML and CSS as a beginner but as I advanced I followed Traversy Media to learn JavaScript/ Bootstrap framework. To learn Php, I'm currently following MMTuts, CleverTechie and Alex from phpacademy.
There are some good Indian dudes as well but the issue is with their Sanskrit accent one can hardly hear.

It won't be easy for beginners but with consistency and determination, you'll get there.
I'm still in my early learning process as well. I take at least 2hrs of my time everyday to either watch or read PDFs

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Disappointments People Often Face In Life by tunary(m): 4:14pm On Nov 10, 2018
Adeola97:
Asin life after school is really depressing graduated this august use all my savings to start a business cause I was scared of being broke at home, since I started the business no sale , have advertise my ass out yet no sale, now what I was scared of is what is happening to me right now, am even getting depressed already if I had known I should have keep my money in my account and be managing it till I go for service. Making it in life is really really hard
LMAO
Re: 5 Disappointments People Often Face In Life by moststylish(m): 4:20pm On Nov 10, 2018
NarnieSnyper:

Someone sent me videos for HTML and CSS as a beginner but as I advanced I followed Traversy Media to learn JavaScript/ Bootstrap framework. To learn Php, I'm currently following MMTuts, CleverTechie and Alex from phpacademy.
There are some good Indian dudes as well but the issue is with their Sanskrit accent one can hardly hear.

It won't be easy for beginners but with consistency and determination, you'll get there.
I'm still in my early learning process as well. I take at least 2hrs of my time everyday to either watch or read PDFs
where do you advice I start from as a beginner
Re: 5 Disappointments People Often Face In Life by tunary(m): 4:22pm On Nov 10, 2018
Toseenlove:

I swear u too sabi wella....
2 bottles of cold stout
Re: 5 Disappointments People Often Face In Life by BedLam: 4:35pm On Nov 10, 2018
Admitwithschola:

There are certain tasks that you can't complete without education..Otherwise Facebook and Google, not to mention the many others, won't be filled with mostly master's and PhD holders.
Google has started hiring people without degrees. What are you saying?
Re: 5 Disappointments People Often Face In Life by BedLam: 4:37pm On Nov 10, 2018
NoChill:

I don't think you have any idea of what you are saying, who told you that Nairaland is a joke? Or is it because you only visit the front page and other unproductive threads. Let me tell you Nairaland is the best online forum in Nigeria and believe it or not it is one of the greatest things to have ever happened to Nigeriansc and the youth in particular. There are so many educative, and product threads that you can visit where you can learn a lot of things ranging from skills to knowledge about business, health, technology and so on. So please before you make any unhealthy comments about something first of have a rational and detailed information about it
Sir. Nairaland is a joke and will always be. It's the "best thing" that's happened to Nigeria whatever doesn't make it any less of a joke. I mean, is Nigeria not a joke?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Disappointments People Often Face In Life by BedLam: 4:40pm On Nov 10, 2018
Cerberus:
True bro though I'll just point out that Nairaland is not that bad coz like everything else in existence it does have its merits and demerits. Education is great though we've turned it to something else in this country. The way many Nigerians behave, especially the chest thumping and so-called educated ones always makes me wonder why they bother themselves getting educated in the first place. Here in this country, we only study to write on books and boast instead providing future and immediate solutions to our cultural, political and socioeconomic problems. And as for marriage and bearing of children, both are so highly overrated, especially the former. This is why more people keep falling out of marriage as much as they keep on marrying on Saturdays. People are pretending to be holy by forcing themselves into marital obligations coz of what ordinary people like them will say, forgetting in life that wether you follow the crowd or not you are still the one facing your music alone at the end. That's why we have secret cheaters all over the place coz we love pretending a lot at all levels of our lives as people of a nation.
You are wise.
Re: 5 Disappointments People Often Face In Life by deleo16(m): 4:42pm On Nov 10, 2018
NarnieSnyper:
That education sector na real scam. I hoped I'd graduate with at least 2-1 but because of a silly and bias lecturer who I refused to bribe fvcked me up more than once in his course. I went to his office to ask him why I got such low score, his dumb reply was " what you know is different from our marking scheme". And I was like so if I don't write exactly what is in your hand out, it is void. I just smh.

Thanks to mtn night plan + youtube tutorials, I'm sharpening my web programming skills by the day.
Currently doing projects for computer science, Information management technology students as well to put a lil' change in my pocket. When I have saved enough, I go for professional courses in web development.
To hades with University certificate!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rbnGcezrUU
Re: 5 Disappointments People Often Face In Life by dynicks(m): 4:56pm On Nov 10, 2018
Gunnax:
call me @9@3@@74184
thanks for d contact bro....hope u wouldn't mind if I beep u up via WhatsApp?
Re: 5 Disappointments People Often Face In Life by Gunnax(m): 5:25pm On Nov 10, 2018
dynicks:
dat 1 aint my watsapp number bro
Re: 5 Disappointments People Often Face In Life by Gunnax(m): 5:26pm On Nov 10, 2018
dynicks:
text me ur watsap no
Re: 5 Disappointments People Often Face In Life by dynicks(m): 7:07pm On Nov 10, 2018
Gunnax:
text me ur watsap no
Re: 5 Disappointments People Often Face In Life by ajibolag(m): 7:14pm On Nov 10, 2018
Oluwatobi09:
Another disappointment is after reading several motivational books for motivations and inspirations, you still couldn't get anything. The best motivator is not any bullshit book anywhere. If you can't motivate yourself no one and nothing can.
you deserve a Nobel prize award. When I see ppl gong about with those books, I just shake my head. What baffles me most is how ppl sit down to hear motivational speakers that has nothing, all na mouth action, they just come with punchlines and soothing philosophies. How many times have we seen Warren buffet, Jack Ma, Bill gate, Dangote, Otedola, Adenuga, Zuckerbag organizing motivational programs?
Re: 5 Disappointments People Often Face In Life by tunary(m): 7:14pm On Nov 10, 2018
Adeola97:
Asin life after school is really depressing graduated this august use all my savings to start a business cause I was scared of being broke at home, since I started the business no sale , have advertise my ass out yet no sale, now what I was scared of is what is happening to me right now, am even getting depressed already if I had known I should have keep my money in my account and be managing it till I go for service. Making it in life is really really hard
Sorry dear never relent everything will be fine soon

1 Like

Re: 5 Disappointments People Often Face In Life by Adeola97(f): 10:39pm On Nov 10, 2018
franchasng:
oh oh, I can't wear that, would have patronised u.

I doubt u are marketing it well cos it seems to be selling well among ladies.

If u have male stuff, share so I can patronize u and pls don't give up, business and entrepreneurship success comes with consistency and perseverance.

The success don't come quick like paid job, but never u give up OK.

God will bless your handwork, don't worry, just a matter of time.

Stay blessed

Amen, thank you very much I really appreciate

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Disappointments People Often Face In Life by Adeola97(f): 10:41pm On Nov 10, 2018
dancok:
hey babe am sorry for that, that's the reality of life, am in ur shoe too, i open a business too in a wrong location, as at now i don't know what to do again, because no sales at all there, sometimes business can be frustrating.

smiley sorry about that
Re: 5 Disappointments People Often Face In Life by sweetilicious(f): 6:17am On Nov 11, 2018
vizkiz:
Until you learn that every disappointment is a stepping stone to personal development, you wouldn't grow.
Am telling you
Re: 5 Disappointments People Often Face In Life by sweetilicious(f): 6:20am On Nov 11, 2018
Naughtysite:
If you do exactly what successful people do you will also succeed. Years ago I asked myself what is the typical daily schedule of a successful man from morning to evening? First, Success starts with conquering ones negative emotions. What do you say to yourself when you wake up in the morning?
I say" Today is a beautiful day.I am beautifully and wonderfully made in God's image.I will go places today and success shall be with me.Amen.
Re: 5 Disappointments People Often Face In Life by sweetilicious(f): 6:25am On Nov 11, 2018
Fisher007:
God bless whoever posted this.

Education na scam.
Marriage na scam.
Life after school na scam.
Child birth na scam.
Retirement na the biggest scam.

Education is overrated in Nigeria because at the end of the day what you know is mostly self taught.
How you earn a living will be different from what you learnt in school.

Life after a school is depressing. Trust me you need to be ready mentally for the naija aspect of reality. Especially if you dey Lagos. Na die

Marriage at a early age without planning na scam.
You will enter a terrible state in your life if you are not really prepared for it. Responsibilities upon responsibilities await you.

Child birth na wahala. Most people give birth to kids they didn't plan for and can't take care of.
Meaning the pickin go enter suffering and hardship mode.

Retirement na him worst pass. When you don old finish way body no fit move. Na die. One head of retirement or pension go just chop your money. Or if you open business way you no fit supervise due to old age. Na die oo

Just plan for all this to avoid unnecessary sympathy and story that touch.
Cause people will use your story as an example if it turns out bad.

Plan your future

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Disappointments People Often Face In Life by Adeola97(f): 11:47am On Nov 11, 2018
tunary:
Sorry dear never relent everything will be fine soon

smileyThanks I really appreciate

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Disappointments People Often Face In Life by tunary(m): 7:04am On Nov 12, 2018
Adeola97:

smileyThanks I really appreciate
You welcome
Re: 5 Disappointments People Often Face In Life by Tattooboy: 10:39am On Nov 12, 2018
24hoursreporter:

Source: http://www.24hoursreporter.com/2018/11/09/5-disappointments-people-often-face-in-life/
Nicely written. From your first 2 points I can tell u've either worked in a bank or currently working in one.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Truck Kills 2 Persons Celebrating Valentine In Akwa Ibom State. Graphic Photos / Thinking Of Getting A Generator? Here's A Buying Guide / Generator Fumes Kills 3 In Benin, Edo State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.