Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,101 members, 7,818,291 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:05 PM

Prince Charles: Edo Airport Standstill As Oba Of Benin Returns From Abuja. Photo - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Prince Charles: Edo Airport Standstill As Oba Of Benin Returns From Abuja. Photo (57677 Views)

We Have Not Endorsed Anyone As Oba Of Oshodi – Lagos Family / Emir Sanusi Returns From London, Welcomed In Style As He Arrives Kano / Oba Of Benin Arrives Abuja In Style To Meet With Prince Charles. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prince Charles: Edo Airport Standstill As Oba Of Benin Returns From Abuja. Photo by nifemi25(m): 12:01pm On Nov 10, 2018
A king will always be a king... .My coming � to the world, I must belong to royal family. Amin
Re: Prince Charles: Edo Airport Standstill As Oba Of Benin Returns From Abuja. Photo by lexy2014: 12:02pm On Nov 10, 2018
Where's d standstill?
Re: Prince Charles: Edo Airport Standstill As Oba Of Benin Returns From Abuja. Photo by TreasureJunky: 12:02pm On Nov 10, 2018
Wetin make that policeman bend hm nyash one side, abi he get standing deformity,,, he no see as other guys dey stand erect,. Mtsheeeww
Re: Prince Charles: Edo Airport Standstill As Oba Of Benin Returns From Abuja. Photo by odigbosky(m): 12:03pm On Nov 10, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Why do we encourage mediocrity?
See how the Oba is received because a Prince gave him audience.

It's not even as if he got to sit close to the Prince.

the last time the Oba of Benin went to Abuja the crowd that welcomed him at the airport was more than this. So its not an unusual phenomenon sir and it has nothing to do with the Prince visits.

3 Likes

Re: Prince Charles: Edo Airport Standstill As Oba Of Benin Returns From Abuja. Photo by BedLam: 12:06pm On Nov 10, 2018
odigbosky:

the last time the Oba of Benin went to Abuja the crowd that welcomed him at the airport was more than this. So its not an unusual phenomenon sir and it has nothing to do with the Prince visits.
It is a waste money and resources. Show of nothing. Whether be it King George or Saudi Royal king.
What did he gain from the trip ?

3 Likes

Re: Prince Charles: Edo Airport Standstill As Oba Of Benin Returns From Abuja. Photo by ShySteady(m): 12:07pm On Nov 10, 2018
Welcome back Oba Ewuare II.

I am of the opinion that those artifacts which were stolen by the British in 1897 or thereabout continue to be kept by the Britons in their museum, but share proceeds of the money they make from tourists with the Oba of Benin.

Reason:
We do not have effective maintenance culture generally in Nigeria. Imagine having those artifacts securely placed in their museums for centuries without theft, decays or negligence.

Which project(s) in Nigeria we have today transcends 1897?

3 Likes

Re: Prince Charles: Edo Airport Standstill As Oba Of Benin Returns From Abuja. Photo by foreshore(m): 12:08pm On Nov 10, 2018
Angelanest:
The airport in Benin city, Edo state, was brought to a temporary standstill as the Oba of Benin, Ewuare II, returned from Abuja where he went to meet the Prince of Wales, Prince Charles. 

The monarch was welcomed by the sons and daughters of the kingdom who gathered in their numbers and waited for him to arrive at the airport. 

Meanwhile, the Oba on Tuesday, asked the Prince of Wales, Prince Charles, to lend his voice to the call for the British empire to return all the ancient Benin artefacts that were taken by the British authorities in 1897.

Speaking at the parley the visiting British royal had with royal fathers this evening, the Benin monarch told Prince Charles that the repatriation of the artefacts would enable him establish Oba Palace Museum for the promotion of tourism in his kingdom.

Other traditional rulers that attended the meeting were the Ooni of Ife, Enitan Ogunwusi; Sultan of Sokoto, Sa’ad Abubakar; Obi of Onitsha, Igwe Alfred Achebe; Emir of Kano, Lamido Sanusi, and others.

See more; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/11/oba-of-benin-ewuare-ii-returns-from-abuja-after-meeting-prince-charles.html

All this principalities
Re: Prince Charles: Edo Airport Standstill As Oba Of Benin Returns From Abuja. Photo by RTSC: 12:11pm On Nov 10, 2018
PearlStreet:

Baale of Lagos Island
Show some respect, untrained yoruba man.

I am not from edo state, but that is disrespectful to the greatest kingdom in southern Nigeria, since igboland had no desire for empirism.

If it was in the olden days, the ooni of ife would sacrifice you to bini executioners to avoid an invasion from bini forces.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Prince Charles: Edo Airport Standstill As Oba Of Benin Returns From Abuja. Photo by hokafor(m): 12:12pm On Nov 10, 2018
This oba is well respected in his domain not the Oni of ife ithat is scamming women up and down.

1 Like

Re: Prince Charles: Edo Airport Standstill As Oba Of Benin Returns From Abuja. Photo by Toseenlove: 12:13pm On Nov 10, 2018
Just look how dirty the ground of the airport is, It's really an eyesore. Nigerians and unhygienic are like 5&6 mtcheeew.

Re: Prince Charles: Edo Airport Standstill As Oba Of Benin Returns From Abuja. Photo by KanwuliaExtra: 12:14pm On Nov 10, 2018
Benin Airport!
Thanks to Stella Oduah! grin
Re: Prince Charles: Edo Airport Standstill As Oba Of Benin Returns From Abuja. Photo by thaoriginator: 12:15pm On Nov 10, 2018
Oba ghetto grin
Re: Prince Charles: Edo Airport Standstill As Oba Of Benin Returns From Abuja. Photo by uuzba(m): 12:15pm On Nov 10, 2018
neweraomo:
Lol....Nigeria is finished,our own oba traveling to meet a prince of another country... Awon onijekuje

And now that he returned, he is flexing authority.

Stupidity

2 Likes

Re: Prince Charles: Edo Airport Standstill As Oba Of Benin Returns From Abuja. Photo by PearlStreet(m): 12:17pm On Nov 10, 2018
RTSC:

Show some respect, untrained yoruba man.

I am not from edo state, but that is disrespectful to the greatest kingdom in southern Nigeria, since igboland had no desire for empirism.

If it was in the olden days, the ooni of ife would sacrifice you to bini executioners to avoid an invasion from bini forces.

Igbos are slaves and the king of slaves is still a slave.

That is why none of your worthless Kings in your cursed region can ever be reckoned with. At best, he stands at the far back when Kings are taking pictures.

You're a slave from a long lineage of slaves. You have no records of your history and you have no future. All your political leaders you follow are all from outside your region (Atiku, Fayose, Wike, etc)

If you had an iota of commonsense in your flat head, you'll be sitting in a corner, ruing your cursed luck.

I repeat, Igbos are slaves and the king of slaves is still a slave.

1 Like

Re: Prince Charles: Edo Airport Standstill As Oba Of Benin Returns From Abuja. Photo by vioment: 12:17pm On Nov 10, 2018
Gra gra without content. See the dusty and probably dirty airport wey you dey form president for. If oba dey claim level with prince charles for him mind, make e go look the plane, the airport wey the prince land, the road him convoy go take go their palace, the living conditions of prince charles people, and the technological advances of their people. No be mouth mata for this kind level wey i dey echo.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prince Charles: Edo Airport Standstill As Oba Of Benin Returns From Abuja. Photo by uuzba(m): 12:17pm On Nov 10, 2018
hokafor:
This oba is well respected in his domain not the Oni of ife ithat is scamming women up and down.

But Prince Charles did not respect him. Instead of Prince Charles to run and visit Oba, Prince Sidon campé for Abuja. Oba carry all him gra-gra run go visit am.

4 Likes

Re: Prince Charles: Edo Airport Standstill As Oba Of Benin Returns From Abuja. Photo by jrusky(m): 12:21pm On Nov 10, 2018
slimfit1:
That trip makes sense the rest of them have no reason to be there. However, after gas was used to welcome visitors at Ooni's palace i don't see who would want to visit him at Ile Ife .

This is why I have problem with people like you. What has Ile ife or Ooni has to do with this king returning home for God sake? If i call you stupid now people will say Why?

From this nonsense you posted do you sound like someone with correct brain function Hell No.

*Pls welcome home the king God bless you. I wish you long life*.

2 Likes

Re: Prince Charles: Edo Airport Standstill As Oba Of Benin Returns From Abuja. Photo by SlayQueenSlayer(m): 12:22pm On Nov 10, 2018
Oba of Benin had to travel to see a visiting Prince of Wales. Level pass level o.

3 Likes

Re: Prince Charles: Edo Airport Standstill As Oba Of Benin Returns From Abuja. Photo by uuzba(m): 12:23pm On Nov 10, 2018
nifemi25:
A king will always be a king... .My coming � to the world, I must belong to royal family. Amin

See all the people in the picture. Entourage.
An Oba carried ALL THESE PEOPLE PLUS HIMSELF to go and welcome a Prince that relaxed in Abuja?
JUST BECAUSE the Prince has White Skin?

WHAT COLOSSAL STUPIDITY

4 Likes

Re: Prince Charles: Edo Airport Standstill As Oba Of Benin Returns From Abuja. Photo by peeps4u: 12:23pm On Nov 10, 2018
slimfit1:
That trip makes sense the rest of them have no reason to be there. However, after gas was used to welcome visitors at Ooni's palace i don't see who would want to visit him at Ile Ife .

Dumb statement just to attract likes.
After the Sowore incident, several people have visited and will continue to visit Ooni's palace; some of them were members of concerned citizens from Abuja which included Charlie Boy, Obiano has come to pay a visit to Ooni at the same palace.

Perhaps you were in cave when these happened.

6 Likes

Re: Prince Charles: Edo Airport Standstill As Oba Of Benin Returns From Abuja. Photo by rattlesnake(m): 12:28pm On Nov 10, 2018
The black man is very jobless
Re: Prince Charles: Edo Airport Standstill As Oba Of Benin Returns From Abuja. Photo by blackmercyvelli(m): 12:37pm On Nov 10, 2018
Akwuko
Re: Prince Charles: Edo Airport Standstill As Oba Of Benin Returns From Abuja. Photo by Josepherike: 12:38pm On Nov 10, 2018
Oba help us tell Buhari to pay us our 30'000k minimum wage
Re: Prince Charles: Edo Airport Standstill As Oba Of Benin Returns From Abuja. Photo by aystunt: 12:41pm On Nov 10, 2018
slimfit1:
half baked nigerian graduate
Re: Prince Charles: Edo Airport Standstill As Oba Of Benin Returns From Abuja. Photo by Kabaka100: 12:54pm On Nov 10, 2018
nawtyme:
Why does oba of Benin need an airport undecided undecided angry

I was thinking I will see this..

...but how many people here will unde6esyand the logic of ur question here
Re: Prince Charles: Edo Airport Standstill As Oba Of Benin Returns From Abuja. Photo by oyatz(m): 12:58pm On Nov 10, 2018
God bless the King!
Long may Oba Ewuare-11 reign (Isee)

#I don't know why some guys from a certain part of the country like to ridicule highly revered monarchs in Nigeria.
Let's respect and honour our royal fathers. Look at the ways other countries respect and celebrate their royalties.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Prince Charles: Edo Airport Standstill As Oba Of Benin Returns From Abuja. Photo by staytravel: 1:00pm On Nov 10, 2018
Benin culture is very rich! So beautiful!

2 Likes

Re: Prince Charles: Edo Airport Standstill As Oba Of Benin Returns From Abuja. Photo by Reinvented: 1:12pm On Nov 10, 2018
neweraomo:
Lol....Nigeria is finished,our own oba traveling to meet a prince of another country... Awon onijekuje

This is preposterous for the reverred monarch of the Bini kingdom to leave his domain to go to the land of the Gbagyi people, a servitude tribe to the reverred Bini empire, just for the purpose of welcoming a foreign prince. Not just a prince but a prince from a kingdom that desecrated the ancient Bini kingdom and exiled Oba Ovaranwen. The real Ewuare the great would not have honoured such invitation, but rather would have asked the crown prince of Bini to welcome such visitor in Uselu.

Please, who can get Obahiagbon to help me here. I need tbis rephrased to make Oba Ewuare to give real honour to the reverred Bini stool.
Re: Prince Charles: Edo Airport Standstill As Oba Of Benin Returns From Abuja. Photo by Essential(m): 1:13pm On Nov 10, 2018
Nigerian Finest, A True King.

1 Like

Re: Prince Charles: Edo Airport Standstill As Oba Of Benin Returns From Abuja. Photo by Praktikals(m): 1:19pm On Nov 10, 2018
slimfit1:
You ll be a compound fool to think Ooni has a hand in the release of the teargas.
Re: Prince Charles: Edo Airport Standstill As Oba Of Benin Returns From Abuja. Photo by Movingon: 1:41pm On Nov 10, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Why do we encourage mediocrity?
See how the Oba is received because a Prince gave him audience.

It's not even as if he got to sit close to the Prince.

Normally I try my best to ignor stupidity but in this case I will make an exception for posterity sake. Now LISTEN CAREFULLY

The oba of benin is far & above the oni of ife. He went to see Prince Charsle for a valid & concrete reason unlike some other kings and if you must compare him with any yoruba kings it should be the Alafin of oyo who is truly thr number one king of the yorubas not the oni who's stool never attained the status of an empire & traditional is just a traditional priest who the british later coined to become a king. If you look closely you will see other kings staff being told to wait behind but the oba of benin's stood at his back firmly portraying the kings supreme authority and also you should be reminded that the kingdom of ife originates from benin. If you want to argue go ask ODUDUWA or any of your truthful Elders. That being said the BENIN EMPIRE in all its regin & glory never imposed its tradition & language on its subjects rather free will & kindness was always the order of the day. All that was needed was for the fallen kingdom in quote must become subservient & pay the require royalty to the CAPITAL & its KING. this mistake made the benin language to be exclusive to the benin people & not the entire empire. This is was diminished the benins after the fall of their empire & of course in todays nigeria, priority is given to major tribes based on their population & the number of states they occupy & as you know it comprises of the fortunate yorubas. This favours the oni much more than the oba. Then again what you are seeing are the first class kings in mordern day Nigeria & they are as well representing their geo political zones of which the oba is from the south south & the oni from the south west. For the avoidance of doubts there is body of NIGERIA TRADITIONAL RULERS & in this body again by the standards I have explained the Sultan of Sokoto & the Oni of Ife are the Co chairmen while the OBA of BENIN is the SECRETARY. All this are facts which can be easily verified if you are willing to know the truth but if you are still confused by their sitting arrangements then I bid you GOODBYE.... & GOOD RADIANCE. ....

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

THROWBACK PICTURE: Nigerian Women Being Taught How To Wash Clothes In 1915 / A Thread Dedicated To Orisa Nla (obatala). / Video Of Olu Of Warri Playing Basketball

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.