Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,205 members, 7,953,762 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:39 AM

Your Actions On Social Media Affect Your Employers - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Your Actions On Social Media Affect Your Employers (11207 Views)

Your Actions Today Tells Of Your Tommorow / Does New Minimum Wage Affect All Salary Earners? / How Will The New Minimum Wage Affect My Current Salary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Actions On Social Media Affect Your Employers by hahn(m): 10:59am On Nov 10, 2018
Spar7tan:
He who has ears, let him listen to what the spirit is telling the church

The spirit is telling the church to close shop and turn their big HQs to manufacturing industries grin

1 Like

Re: Your Actions On Social Media Affect Your Employers by WordMetrix(m): 11:00am On Nov 10, 2018
Mynd44:

A half competent staff that will not hurt the brand is better than a competent staff that is hurting your brand.

Plus who told you you are the only competent person there? Or you think there aren't other people with the same level or even higher levels of competence that will give them peace of mind?

The company will look to make sure whoever they are employing or have employed is not hurting them first
Does association oneself with a political ideology hurt the brand?
Re: Your Actions On Social Media Affect Your Employers by Mynd44: 11:03am On Nov 10, 2018
WordMetrix:
If you are in the civil service, you really should watch what you post politically
Re: Your Actions On Social Media Affect Your Employers by ThrillmeatRep(f): 11:26am On Nov 10, 2018
Stupid post by an asslicker. What happened to freedom of expression and freedom of association? Employers don't own employees! Slave trade is over. Slave mentality still dwells with the slaves

Nonsense!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Your Actions On Social Media Affect Your Employers by Vince77(m): 11:36am On Nov 10, 2018
Ayobami7:
This is my comment

Must you do this every day on every post?
Re: Your Actions On Social Media Affect Your Employers by Vince77(m): 11:41am On Nov 10, 2018
ThrillmeatRep:
Stupid post by an asslicker. What happened to freedom of expression and freedom of association? Employers don't own employees! Slave trade is over. Slave mentality still dwells with the slaves

Nonsense!

Why so angry? Did mynd44 eat your meat?
Re: Your Actions On Social Media Affect Your Employers by zetonet: 12:27pm On Nov 10, 2018
Wow
Re: Your Actions On Social Media Affect Your Employers by otomatic(m): 1:29pm On Nov 10, 2018
festwiz:
Nobody is talking off how employers stress their staff by overworking and underpaying them. But alas, let's protect the slave drivers from public scorn. angry

Say no to Corporate slavery.

If you don't find fulfilment just resign before they sack you. Start your own company and pay as much as you presently expect to be paid. Life is free(dom) not fair.
Re: Your Actions On Social Media Affect Your Employers by otomatic(m): 1:37pm On Nov 10, 2018
WordMetrix:

Imagine doing business in a state and your staff is hyping a particular political party in power. Will that not be interpreted as the official position of the company? What do you think will happen if that party losses power? Will you still enjoy patronage. How about those individual customers that hold a contrary view? Will they do business with you? Won't they feel that by doing business with you they are indirectly financing a cause which is against their believe?
Re: Your Actions On Social Media Affect Your Employers by SAMBARRY: 2:23pm On Nov 10, 2018
ahms12:
To me its an excuses, if you want to employ me why prying in my private life...can I pry into the company secret archive too...
exactly. The employers will be acting like they have a perfect life.so irritating undecided

Nothing like being self employed. The insults and prying into your private life is so appalling
Re: Your Actions On Social Media Affect Your Employers by SAMBARRY: 2:25pm On Nov 10, 2018
otomatic:

Imagine doing business in a state and your staff is hyping a particular political party in power. Will that not be interpreted as the official position of the company? What do you think will happen if that party losses power? Will you still enjoy patronage. How about those individual customers that hold a contrary view? Will they do business with you? Won't they feel that by doing business with you they are indirectly financing a cause which is against their believe?
excuse you.does the company own your life? undecided

Even these so called employers have their own scandals too.msheeeeewww.
Re: Your Actions On Social Media Affect Your Employers by introvertme: 3:03pm On Nov 10, 2018
HouseOfWine:
Well said bro

However nobody can trace my Government name to my social media accounts, I have specifically edited my legal name in there so that it doesn't reflect me.

The only account i have my full legal name is LinkedIn and i think that makes sense

The exact same thing I did.

My LinkedIn sef na fake,when I'm ready I'll edit it.
Re: Your Actions On Social Media Affect Your Employers by otomatic(m): 5:12pm On Nov 10, 2018
SAMBARRY:
excuse you.does the company own your life? undecided

Even these so called employers have their own scandals too.msheeeeewww.

The company doesn't own you but you are their brand ambassador. That's why most corporations have policies regulating your social media behaviour. You either conform or resign. Certainly you have freedom to resign. As for their own scandals, you can't sanction them but they can sanction you. That's life. Not fair but free.

1 Like

Re: Your Actions On Social Media Affect Your Employers by wxyz1: 6:06pm On Nov 10, 2018
ahms12:
To me its an excuses, if you want to employ me why prying in my private life...can I pry into the company secret archive too...
wait a minute, who said what you posted on a social media is private? You only have the option of making private or public.
Re: Your Actions On Social Media Affect Your Employers by Nobody: 6:54am On Nov 11, 2018
One of the firm my brother works, he told me they do interview on facebook 1 on 1 with applicant.
Re: Your Actions On Social Media Affect Your Employers by roofa(f): 1:34pm On Nov 11, 2018
I am currently managing 'The News Chronicle' on social media/digital marketing, we need more views on our web page. I need more viewerships and followership on Instagram and twitter most especially. About 600 followers on the spot. Please do not hesitate to get to visit our website:
(http://www.thenews-chronicle.com).

PLS FOLLOW US ON TWITTER:@DNewsChronicle
Re: Your Actions On Social Media Affect Your Employers by UncleDeborah: 3:19pm On Dec 01, 2018
Mynd44:

If you are in the civil service, you really should watch what you post politically

Please do something about these kids and spreading of slander and blackmail.

https://www.nairaland.com/n750/posts

https://www.nairaland.com/search?q=Oguntoyinbo&board=0
Re: Your Actions On Social Media Affect Your Employers by UncleDeborah: 3:24pm On Dec 01, 2018
Mynd44:

https://www.nairaland.com/n750/posts

He is spreading slander and blackmail about me. Pls type "oguntoyinbo" in the search bar and remove all my private info he has been spamming the whole nairaland with since yesterday. This is violation of rule 10 and can't happen under your nose.
Re: Your Actions On Social Media Affect Your Employers by Nobody: 6:11pm On Feb 19, 2019
Mynd44:

There is a difference between your organisation being crap and you misbehaving in public.

Please kindly help me delete the thread with the link below;
https://www.nairaland.com/5032434/shocker-pro-buhari-apc-league#75877367

Thanks.
Re: Your Actions On Social Media Affect Your Employers by Nobody: 7:44am On Feb 23, 2019
Mynd44:

just to know the offense for closure of my thread with respect to the elections updates.

So that I would not have to repeat it tomorrow.
Re: Your Actions On Social Media Affect Your Employers by Mynd44: 7:53am On Feb 23, 2019
jesusjnr:
just to know the offense for closure of my thread with respect to the elections updates.

So that I would not have to repeat it tomorrow.
There is already one for updates
Re: Your Actions On Social Media Affect Your Employers by Nobody: 8:24am On Feb 23, 2019
Mynd44:

There is already one for updates
OK I would assume it's the nairaland official one then.

By the way I would like you guys to do something about the threads that make the front page from the religious section, for the ones that usually make it from there gives the impression that it's not a actual religion section but more of a political religion section, for it doesn't often reflect the essence of religion.

But just my view though.

Thanks for responding to my question.

Take care.
Re: Your Actions On Social Media Affect Your Employers by Nobody: 10:27am On Feb 23, 2019
mynd44 please since the thread has been closed and hence rendered useless, could you do me a favor and take it off completely.

Thanks.
Re: Your Actions On Social Media Affect Your Employers by zaynie(f): 11:14am On Apr 06, 2019
Mynd44 a friend needs your help please.
She logged out of NL and logging back in is now wàhálà.

She has tried to change pw but it's not working.
Her moniker is Sugarandspice.
Please reply
Re: Your Actions On Social Media Affect Your Employers by Ajibaba101(m): 2:47pm On Apr 06, 2019
Though social media can have a bad effect on your career if not used properly but social media also have done some good in our society, check some of it out

https://explicitsuccess.com/benefits-of-social-media-for-society/
Re: Your Actions On Social Media Affect Your Employers by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:19am On Aug 21, 2019
Very good and insightful thread.
Thanks for sharing OP.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Career Switch: I Need Your Advice / The Most Lucrative Medical Specialty In The World. / What's Your Current Challenge At Your Place Of Work?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.