Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,330 members, 7,846,461 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 04:41 PM

Peter Obi Is Not Fit To Be Nigeria's Vice President – El-Rufai - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Is Not Fit To Be Nigeria's Vice President – El-Rufai (1977 Views)

2023: Shettima Is Unfit To Be Nigeria’s Vice-President - Olu Fasan / My Name Will Become Goat If Peter Obi Becomes President - El-rufai's Son / 2023: "Oshiomhole For President, El-Rufai For VP" Poster Spotted In Lagos (Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi Is Not Fit To Be Nigeria's Vice President – El-Rufai by MalcoImX: 11:50pm On Nov 11, 2018
Boomark:

Now that you know, so tell me how "this is not Katsina" turned out to be racial hatred.
How would it seem to you if for e.g. as an Igboman in Kano, I tell you that "This is not Onitsha?"
Re: Peter Obi Is Not Fit To Be Nigeria's Vice President – El-Rufai by Truthbtoid: 12:34am On Nov 12, 2018
MalcoImX:
Kaduna State Governor, Mallam Nasir El-Rufai, has attacked former Governor of Anambra State, Peter Obi again.

El-Rufai, in his latest attack, said Obi, who is the running mate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar, was not qualified to serve as Vice President in Nigeria

The Governor had in his first attack on Obi claimed that recalled that Obi supported his (El-Rufai’s) arrest by the State Security Service, SSS in 2014 on the ground that “El-Rufai has no business being in Anambra State as it is not Katsina State”!

Obi had since responded to the Governor’s claim, saying he would only pray for him.

But in another tweet on Saturday evening, El-Rufai said, “Any person that doesn’t recognize the
human right of every citizen to move freely, live and work in any part of Nigeria, but implies that though foreigners can observe elections in his state, other Nigerians may only do so in their states of origin is not fit to be VP of Nigeria!”

http://dailypost.ng/2018/11/10/2019-cant-vice-president-el-rufai-hits-peter-obi/
na so
Re: Peter Obi Is Not Fit To Be Nigeria's Vice President – El-Rufai by gare(f): 2:03am On Nov 12, 2018
MalcoImX:

Obi doesn't so much engage in online bickering, but it's his actions as a Nigerian (especially), as a governor that should be scrutinized, and it will be. That's politics. As for El-Rufai, maybe he's sure of his strength or maybe not. But whether he loses or wins, he doesn't allow people to kick him, and he does get time to respond - even as a governor.

He was in Anambra then as an official observer of his party, which is okay. Even if he wasn't, he has a right of movement as guaranteed by the law. Obi and the FG then used state power to detain him. It was even reported by some that Obi said it was their government and nothing will happen.

I don't think party send observers to election but agents, Moreover if he was not an accredited agent during election you know his movement would be restricted.

And that right to free movement doesn't apply during election period, you know very well you're only restricted to move around your polling area. You very well El-rufai would have done worse, I believe he got what he deserves.
Re: Peter Obi Is Not Fit To Be Nigeria's Vice President – El-Rufai by MalcoImX: 8:08am On Nov 12, 2018
gare:

I don't think party send observers to election but agents, Moreover if he was not an accredited agent during election you know his movement would be restricted.

And that right to free movement doesn't apply during election period, you know very well you're only restricted to move around your polling area. You very well El-rufai would have done worse, I believe he got what he deserves.
He does not deserve that treatment as it is known parties do send their agents to observe how elections were conducted.

PDP was worse when it came to the treatment of opposition and opposing views. Remember how they treated unpalatable publications and newspaper houses by confiscations, arrests and closures; governors like Amaechi whose aircrafts were grounded and prevented from entering (I think Ekiti state) at a border town; the raid on APC offices by state security on false claims of printing of election documents, and so on.

See how Atiku is crying for what is not supposed to raise any eyebrows but APC's top official could be invited for questioning without any fuss. Were PDP officialto be invited for questioning by state apparatus you'd see the kinds of noise that they'd raise. PDP is so alarmist
Re: Peter Obi Is Not Fit To Be Nigeria's Vice President – El-Rufai by okeyfrank: 9:53am On Nov 12, 2018
Let the truth be told; 'Any attack on the likes of Peter Obi as a true and worthy son of the old Eastern Nigeria will be viewed as an attack on the SE/SS [A Hate speach]'.

We have said it time and time again, the SE/SS remain the greatest democratic Nationalists in this country, and so much believe in Nigeria. This is one of the reasons we see them building houses and structures in other parts of Nigeria more than other tribes, because they strongly believe that Nigeria is one.

The SE/SS are the major development partners of the 'Project Nigeria', and probably without the SE/SS in Nigeria, the country would have been like Mali, Chad, Sudan, etc.

Having said that, we should all know that the indigenous SE/SS [Including Peter Obi] are not as desperate for political power as they are for MERIT, EQUITY, JUSTICE AND FAIRNESS, and should be accorded the respect they deserve in Nigeria.

If El Rufai and his likes should continue to attack the SE/SS revered sons as they're doing to Peter Obi and others now, then the SE/SS would have no choice than to revert to the PLAN-B, which is, if the SE/SS are not good enough, if the SE/SS are bad, if the SE/SS are 'corrupt', if the SE/SS are 'useless', if the SE/SS are not to be given equal treatment with other tribes, if the SE/SS are never to be trusted, if the SE/SS are not good enough for any Security Leadership position like the Army, Airforce and DSS, then Nigeria should allow the SE & SS to have their own country, so that the SW, NE and NW can have their 'beautiful country' without the SE/SS.

But for now, the SE/SS have decided to join the rest of the well-meaning citizens of Nigeria from the East, North and West to ATIKUlate and save Nigeria from the evil hands of the extremely divisive cabals [including El Rufai & PMB] who have sworn to ruin this country by their religious and tribal bigotry.

God will surely save and heal Nigeria.

Truly ATIKUlated!!!
Re: Peter Obi Is Not Fit To Be Nigeria's Vice President – El-Rufai by Boomark(m): 12:00pm On Nov 12, 2018
MalcoImX:

How would it seem to you if for e.g. as an Igboman in Kano, I tell you that "This is not Onitsha?"

If am misbehaving at that time I will quietly respect myself.

It is even worse to tell someone you persecute in his hometown to go and look for another country. You guys are not talking about this comment made by someone we call our president.
Re: Peter Obi Is Not Fit To Be Nigeria's Vice President – El-Rufai by nelcliff(m): 12:42pm On Nov 12, 2018
What's his concern... Na una party.
Re: Peter Obi Is Not Fit To Be Nigeria's Vice President – El-Rufai by Ganduri: 12:48pm On Nov 12, 2018
Dear Yorubas, pls leave us out of your greedy quest for power and blind support for Buhari. When hundreds of my people were slaughtered in Barkin ladi, Tapkum, Zangon kataf, Agatu, Kasuwan Magani, in Kachia and so many other places, Yorubas were the ones on every platform trying to justify the violence. Most of you were quoting News reports of past occcurances. Pls we have seen through your pretence, we know you dnt care about us, You guys are running up and down on every thread on NL defending the most cluelest, jihadist govt that keeps slaughering our people, cos you are scared of being relegated back to regional tribalistic politricks. Stop saying “Nigerians” when you are trying to mask you selfish greed, as it stands only Yorubas are standing with Buhari, the rest of us in the NE, NC, are firmly behind the detribalized Atiku!!!.
We dnt care who demolished what, or who said or did what all we know is that Buhari has all the instruments of state and security structures to put and end to the killings, but instead he told us to surrender our lands. Buhari therefore is responsible for the bloodshed. Keep us out of your lies.
- Ganduri
Re: Peter Obi Is Not Fit To Be Nigeria's Vice President – El-Rufai by MalcoImX: 2:28pm On Nov 12, 2018
Boomark:

If am misbehaving at that time I will quietly respect myself.

It is even worse to tell someone you persecute in his hometown to go and look for another country. You guys are not talking about this comment made by someone we call our president.
It's a call to patriotism. If as many think they have other countries other than Nigeria's, they are free to go. We who don't have anywhere to call home had better stay here to make something out of it.
Re: Peter Obi Is Not Fit To Be Nigeria's Vice President – El-Rufai by Boomark(m): 4:28pm On Nov 12, 2018
MalcoImX:
It's a call to patriotism. If as many think they have other countries other than Nigeria's, they are free to go. We who don't have anywhere to call home had better stay here to make something out of it.

If so, then Peter Obi is the most patriotic of all.

Where is the other country he thinks others have?

I wonder when killing and chasing people out of their home now becomes call to patriotism. Wonders shall never end.
Re: Peter Obi Is Not Fit To Be Nigeria's Vice President – El-Rufai by MalcoImX: 4:36pm On Nov 12, 2018
Boomark:

If so, then Peter Obi is the most patriotic of all.

Where is the other country he thinks others have?

I wonder when killing and chasing people out of their home now becomes call to patriotism. Wonders shall never end.
I think that statement is in reference to those who have the luxury of foreign homes/countries and keep throwing stones from there at us, probably a denouncement of Kanu-like behaviors.
Re: Peter Obi Is Not Fit To Be Nigeria's Vice President – El-Rufai by Boomark(m): 5:05pm On Nov 12, 2018
MalcoImX:
I think that statement is in reference to those who have the luxury of foreign homes/countries and keep throwing stones from there at us, probably a denouncement of Kanu-like behaviors.

Those people are already in another country and he can't be telling people who are in another country to go to another country. It doesn't make sense.

Did they tell him that they have another country? Throwing stones cannot mean "I have another country."
Re: Peter Obi Is Not Fit To Be Nigeria's Vice President – El-Rufai by DTutu1: 5:21pm On Nov 12, 2018
Has INEC announced the result already?
Re: Peter Obi Is Not Fit To Be Nigeria's Vice President – El-Rufai by MalcoImX: 5:21pm On Nov 12, 2018
Boomark:

Those people are already in another country and he can't be telling people who are in another country to go to another country. It doesn't make sense.

Did they tell him that they have another country? Throwing stones cannot mean "I have another country."
Kanu-like behaviors refer to those whose actions are detrimental to Nigeria's whether in or out, and they should follow his examples if they feel they have better places than their original/current countries.
Re: Peter Obi Is Not Fit To Be Nigeria's Vice President – El-Rufai by Boomark(m): 6:26pm On Nov 12, 2018
MalcoImX:
Kanu-like behaviors refer to those whose actions are detrimental to Nigeria's whether in or out, and they should follow his examples if they feel they have better places than their original/current countries.

Was Kanu asking for anything outside his place of origin in Igbo land?
Re: Peter Obi Is Not Fit To Be Nigeria's Vice President – El-Rufai by MalcoImX: 7:16pm On Nov 12, 2018
Boomark:

Was Kanu asking for anything outside his place of origin in Igbo land?
What's his business with the call for the release of Dasuki, whether Buhari is alive/dead, PMB/Jubrin, Nigeria's elections, etc. since he said he's 'not' a Nigerian.

He may proscribe Ohanaeze or call his followers what he likes, but the moment he starts with us, we'll respond in kind.
Re: Peter Obi Is Not Fit To Be Nigeria's Vice President – El-Rufai by Boomark(m): 9:02pm On Nov 12, 2018
MalcoImX:

What's his business with the call for the release of Dasuki, whether Buhari is alive/dead, PMB/Jubrin, Nigeria's elections, etc. since he said he's 'not' a Nigerian.

He may proscribe Ohanaeze or call his followers what he likes, but the moment he starts with us, we'll respond in kind.

Even people from other countries talk about Nigeria. He is brilliant enough to open the the eyes of most ignorant people here.

Immediately he was taken away there came the murderous herdsmen rampage. Those being murdered have no one to speak for them.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kano statesman, Salisu Buhari Dies At 83 / Full List Of APC Candidates Who Lost Their Positions / Edo APC Crisis: I'm Ready For Reconciliation, Oshiomhole Begs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.