Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,408 members, 7,822,885 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:41 PM

Google Remembers Christy Essien Igbokwe Posthumous Birthday. - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Google Remembers Christy Essien Igbokwe Posthumous Birthday. (481 Views)

Christy Essien Igbokwe's Grand Daughter Remixes Hit Song ' Seun rere' / Christy Essien Igbokwe - Teta Nu Na Ula (official Video) (old School) / Who Remembers The Music Group "Resonance"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Google Remembers Christy Essien Igbokwe Posthumous Birthday. by obinoral1179(m): 11:53am On Nov 11, 2018
Christy Uduak Essien-Igbokwe MFR (11 November 1960 – 30 June 2011) was a Nigerian musician and actress. In her life time, she was sometimes called Nigeria's Lady of Songs and was known for her song "Seun Rere". She was the first female president of the Performing Musicians Association of Nigeria (PMAN). She was also the chairwoman and managing director of Soul Train entertainment limited. Essien-Igbokwe sang her songs in Igbo, Ibibio, Efik, Hausa, Yoruba as well as in English. Essien's fluency in Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba, English and her native Ibibio earned her an appeal which cut across tribal lines.She died in an undisclosed hospital in Lagos....

2 Likes

Re: Google Remembers Christy Essien Igbokwe Posthumous Birthday. by obinoral1179(m): 11:54am On Nov 11, 2018
Just listened to her song and it's was dope.... She is a woman that unify this country....
Re: Google Remembers Christy Essien Igbokwe Posthumous Birthday. by okomile(f): 12:03pm On Nov 11, 2018
Her role in The masquerade as Apena was unique.

Then, acting was for fun and not for making money.

RIP!

1 Like

Re: Google Remembers Christy Essien Igbokwe Posthumous Birthday. by obinoral1179(m): 5:54pm On Nov 05, 2021
@dru23
@pearl1910

Please I need your accessment and advice on honda civic 2009

For e hailing

@pearl1910 I should have gone for that Kia but my budget is 1.8-1.9m

Also I need a reliable kazeem for inspection...

(1) (Reply)

Music : Jaywiz - Ijo / Latest Trending Music Video You Should Download, Woske, Beacation, Madu / Pumpin & Success - ''for You'' (gbe Body) Ft Dj Bugary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.