Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,700 members, 7,820,446 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:01 PM

Will Listening To Worldly Music Make A Christian Go To Hell? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will Listening To Worldly Music Make A Christian Go To Hell? (4494 Views)

For Those Of You Listening To Worldly Music Listen To This / Have Worldly, Crazy Dance Steps Crept Into Churches? / Daddy Freeze: To Be Like Dangote, Bill Gates Stop Listening To Oyedepo & Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will Listening To Worldly Music Make A Christian Go To Hell? by Deckline(m): 8:16pm On Nov 11, 2018
I need a convincing answer to this.
Is it a sin

Will a christian really go to hell just for listening to secular music
Modified- There have been series of hell revelations where preachers saw victims in hell for hearing secular music.

Now i know we live by faith not by sight but,

How true is this?
Re: Will Listening To Worldly Music Make A Christian Go To Hell? by SolutionMee: 8:21pm On Nov 11, 2018
cheesy
Yes! It will make you to be well recognized in hell.
All Christian music that I've heard all through my life required the expertise of a sound engineer and the use of studio equipments. A music made with earthly instruments is an heavenly music once the name Jesus is mentioned in the humanly written lyrics.
Nigerian Christians are potential threats to the human race and to development in our dear country.

1 Like

Re: Will Listening To Worldly Music Make A Christian Go To Hell? by REDDEVILS1(m): 8:23pm On Nov 11, 2018
Deckline:
Is it a sin

if its not in the Bible then therw isnt any thing wrong with it
Re: Will Listening To Worldly Music Make A Christian Go To Hell? by Ufedolove: 8:39pm On Nov 11, 2018
It's no where in the Bible that listening to secular music is a sin but listening to secular music will definitely corrupt your mind on the long run and such a mind disgusts the Lord.

This is just similar to drinking is not a sin but being drunk is.

1 Like

Re: Will Listening To Worldly Music Make A Christian Go To Hell? by olajide21: 8:41pm On Nov 11, 2018
Who are the ones making the so called wordly music? Christians offcourse! Una be joke abeg.
Re: Will Listening To Worldly Music Make A Christian Go To Hell? by Deckline(m): 8:43pm On Nov 11, 2018
Ufedolove:
It's no where in the Bible that listening to secular music is a sin but listening to secular music will definitely corrupt your mind on the long run and such a mind disgusts the Lord.

But what if we succeed in having our minds INCORRUPTIBLE
Are we still right with God?
Re: Will Listening To Worldly Music Make A Christian Go To Hell? by Deckline(m): 8:47pm On Nov 11, 2018
SolutionMee:
cheesy
All Christian music that I've heard all through my life required the expertise of a sound engineer and the use of studio equipments. A music made with earthly instruments is an heavenly music once the name Jesus is mentioned in the humanly written lyrics.
Nigerian Christians are potential threats to the human race and to development in our dear country.
I won't take this comment serious because of the emoji you used in starting off.
Re: Will Listening To Worldly Music Make A Christian Go To Hell? by Ufedolove: 8:51pm On Nov 11, 2018
Deckline:

Yes dear
Re: Will Listening To Worldly Music Make A Christian Go To Hell? by InansBobo(m): 10:11pm On Nov 11, 2018
If it doesn't corrupt your mind like fever, all those ones that mention, banana, cassava, Versace on the floor etc
Re: Will Listening To Worldly Music Make A Christian Go To Hell? by Deckline(m): 10:57pm On Nov 11, 2018
InansBobo:
If it doesn't corrupt your mind like fever, all those ones that mention, banana, cassava, Versace on the floor etc
Lol,thanks for this.
Re: Will Listening To Worldly Music Make A Christian Go To Hell? by Nobody: 4:15am On Nov 12, 2018
What is secular music?
Secular music is any organized sound of the world systems. It may or may not be accompanied by words. Music has a relationship with the spirit and soul of man.
Secular music, therefore are such music that has not been inspired by the Holy Spirit. They are music rendered to the glory of man, the devil. They are sung based on human thoughts, philosophy and feelings. They are rendered not in accordance with the Spirit.

What is Christian Music?
Vocal or instrumental sounds having rhythm, melody, or harmony. Sing and make music in your hear to the Lord; always giving thanks to God the Father for everything in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ - Eph. 5:19-20. Music played an important part in Hebrew culture; although closely associated with religious worship from earliest times (Gen. 31:27) and was linked with dance (Ex. 31:27). Music and dance featured at feasts (Is. 5:12), vintage festivals (Is. 16:10), marriages and also at funerals (Mt. 9:23). For worship, King David organized a choir and orchestra (1 Chr. 15:16ff). Some psalms were clearly meant to be sung antiphonallyby two choirs (Pss. 13, 20, Ps. 136
)
Generally Christian music are songs sang to edifice the church, to bring glory to Jesus. Christian music are direct opposite secular music hence Christians (born again) should not secular music.

Why Christian Should Avoid Listening to Secular Music

[i]
I Thessalonians 5:23 " May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ" NIV[/i][

Man is made up of three dimensions. Spirit, Soul and Body. The Apostle Paul was praying a comprehensive prayer here. He was concerned about the three dimensions of man. The believer who gives himself to listening to secular music is polluting his entire spirit and soul. Spirit and soul are important to God and Man. The body does not profit anything. One should nurture the Spirit and the soul with something from the Lord.
If secular music misters to the two aspects of man, the whole of that person is corrupt. Sanctified believers ready for the rapture should nurture their spirit and soul with something that is inspired by the Holy Spirit.

Whatever music you release to your spirit and soul will reflect on your body. It is either healing or sickness. I have seen people healed as a result of listening to Christian music. I have been blessed as a result of
congregational music. People have been delivered based on Christian music.
Songs like Nara ekele mo are songs that edifice the church and brings glory to Yahweh.

Does my listening to secular music give glory to God?

I Cor. 10:31- 33 "So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory God. Do not cause anyone to stumble, whether Jews, Greeks or the church of God even as I try to please everybody in every way. For I am not seeking my own good but the good of many, so that they may be saved"

Every believer should see himself as a witness. Witnessing whom? Witnessing Jesus. The day you gave your life to Christ there was a separation. Separation from the Kingdom of darkness into His marvelous light. You are therefore separated from the world, it systems, practices and habits. The scriptures says that we are in the world but not of the world. Whatever we do therefore should bring glory to His Name. Again, you should not cause anyone to sin by your action. Your action may be lawful but not expedient. As long as it is not expedient, you should run away from it.

With the above analysis , judge for yourself whether singing or listening to secular music will make you enter heaven. From Genesis to Revelation, most songs to Jehovah were songs that bring glory to him.
Lastly how will an unbelieving Christian believe you are a Christian? Remember the apostles were called Christians because of the way they do things differently.

2 Likes

Re: Will Listening To Worldly Music Make A Christian Go To Hell? by Anas09: 6:52am On Nov 12, 2018
Deckline:
Is it a sin

Modified- There have been series of hell revelations where preachers saw victims in hell for hearing secular music.

How true is this?
I personally do not think listening to circular music will take a Christian to Hellfire. But do you that every Music gives praise to something or someone? Who do you think receives praise for the music you listen to? Jesus?

Remember Music originated from Heaven and remember the rule it plays. God dwells in the wings of Praise and He demands it from us. Lucifer, before his fall was in charge. of Music in heaven, he knew the effect it has in God, hence he sort to divert it from God to Himself.

God created Man to worship and praise Him primarily. But, he got swayed by satan and began making music inspired by satan which is opposed to God and in praise of the activities of satan.

So, if you are a true Christian, you should seek to please your Master by praising Him Continually.

Sir, before anything becomes manifest, it has existed substantially first, So ask yourself this and answer yourself. What is the Source of this Music you Listen to? And, who does it glorify?

Come out from Amongst them...

1 Like

Re: Will Listening To Worldly Music Make A Christian Go To Hell? by Anas09: 7:04am On Nov 12, 2018
SolutionMee:
cheesy
Hahahahahahahha. You are so ignorant. If satan could create a Single thing ranging from the Mineral Kingdom (from Which all the musical instrument comes from), to Vegetable Kingdom, and Animal Kingdom, he would have created his own world. He can not. The only thing at his disposal is perversion and counterfeit.

You Ignorantly accords God's creation to satan when all he does is steal, and usurp the glory.

God created everything on earth including satan. Satan has nothing to his name as far as this earth is concern. When his time here is up, he'll be picked and dropped in Hell exactly as he came here.

I don't care to take you through the Bible to show you the first humans God gave the talents to make musical instruments. Or, you probably believe that all the instrument of music the Jews used to praise YWHW was manufactured by satan.

Stop worshipping sastan man, he is nothing, that is why he hides.

1 Like

Re: Will Listening To Worldly Music Make A Christian Go To Hell? by Anas09: 7:07am On Nov 12, 2018
Ufedolove:

Thank you. Keep your Mind with all diligence for out of it proceeds the issues of life.

And the Bible says, whatever you do, in words or in acts, do it as unto Christ.

1 Like

Re: Will Listening To Worldly Music Make A Christian Go To Hell? by Anas09: 7:08am On Nov 12, 2018
Deckline:

Do you know what keeps your mind incorruptible?
Re: Will Listening To Worldly Music Make A Christian Go To Hell? by Deckline(m): 8:30pm On Nov 12, 2018
Anas09:
Do you know what keeps your mind incorruptible?
I guess it is the blood of Jesus which cleans us from our sins.
Re: Will Listening To Worldly Music Make A Christian Go To Hell? by Anas09: 8:54pm On Nov 12, 2018
Deckline:

I guess it is the blood of Jesus which cleans us from our sins.
Check these scriptures out. Keep your mind with all diligence. Watch... who does the keeping? the blood or you? You.
Mark 4:24-25 He also said to them, “Pay attention to what you hear!... You do the attention paying.

And he said unto them, Take heed what ye hear: with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you: and unto you that hear shall more be given.
Mark:4:24

What you hear is very important, and you have a duty to control that, not the Lord.

And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
Romans:12:2

And be not conformed to this world? Who does the conforming? You. Who does the renewing of your mind? You

What are you renewing your mind from? From the things which the world approve of, but Jesus disapproves.

Does the Music which praises immortality and nudity glorifying to God?

Your Soul is the portal to your Spirit, what you feed it with determines what you'd become.

In everything you do, both in words or in action, do it as unto Christ.

Shalom.

1 Like

Re: Will Listening To Worldly Music Make A Christian Go To Hell? by Deckline(m): 9:17pm On Nov 12, 2018
Anas09, I really appreciate your vivid explanation but i'm still kind of confused.
I required a straight forward answer.
For instance...
Michael Jackson's "We are the world", Whitney Houston's "I will always love you",Celin Dion's "My heart will go on". etc...
These songs are not gospel songs per-se but we can't completely say they are corrupt songs either.
These songs major themes base on general unity,love among people irrespective of your race.
If we hear songs like the aforementioned which are not edifying our spirit but are neither corrupt either,
Are we going to go to hell if we don't repent or disist from listening to them
Re: Will Listening To Worldly Music Make A Christian Go To Hell? by Nobody: 9:40pm On Nov 12, 2018
Yes
Even Nairaland can take someone to hell

Just observing some unChristian who insult earth and hell out of each other just because its a faceless forum
Re: Will Listening To Worldly Music Make A Christian Go To Hell? by Deckline(m): 10:40pm On Nov 12, 2018
FreelanceRebel:
Yes
Even Nairaland can take someone to hell

Just observing some unChristian who insult earth and hell out of each other just because its a faceless forum
God said he will judge every word we say,not type. NL and E-bashing are like 5 and 6. I'm not in support of these though,but if you just wanna save your head,stay away from such forums that may disturb your peace of mind.
Re: Will Listening To Worldly Music Make A Christian Go To Hell? by EternalTruth: 11:22pm On Nov 12, 2018
Deckline:
Is it a sin

How true is this?
who is a Christian in the first place cos I believe Christians are those whose heart have been transformed by Christ and they now seek those heavenly things. all worldly songs and chats would be deleted off cos those songs may corrupt them
so if you feel you're a Christian or believer and you still have these ungodly songs in your phone then you're a Christian walking in the flesh
Re: Will Listening To Worldly Music Make A Christian Go To Hell? by Anas09: 12:43am On Nov 13, 2018
Deckline:
Anas09, I really appreciate your vivid explanation but i'm still kind of confused.
I required a straight forward answer.
For instance...
Michael Jackson's "We are the world", Whitney Houston's "I will always love you",Celin Dion's "My heart will go on". etc...
These songs are not gospel songs per-se but we can't completely say they are corrupt songs either.
These songs major themes base on general unity,love among people irrespective of your race.
If we hear songs like the aforementioned which are not edifying our spirit but are neither corrupt either,
Are we going to go to hell if we don't repent or disist from listening to them
Well. There's nothing defiling in the lyrics of those songs in themselves, but who are the makers of these music? Remember what they are displaying are talents given to them by God, for His praise and glory. Are they using those talents as expected? No. Their music Self-ward not God-ward.

I liked MJ and Celine but when i got born again, i just wasn't comfortable with their music anymore, long before i heard Celine followed her husband into Church of satan and MJ was deep into Illuminati.

These people do not glorify God in their music.

I liked Yanni like Craze. I had all his albums. Videos and all, but over time his music just ebbed out of me.

Dearest, the more you stay with Jesus, these things will just leave you on their own. No pastor will preach against them, they'll just dissipate out of you.
Re: Will Listening To Worldly Music Make A Christian Go To Hell? by Anas09: 12:56am On Nov 13, 2018
Deckline:

God said he will judge every word we say,not type. NL and E-bashing are like 5 and 6. I'm not in support of these though,but if you just wanna save your head,stay away from such forums that may disturb your peace of mind.
Are you saying our typed thoughts are nothing so will not be held against us becos we didn't say them?
Typed Words to me, are more potent than spoken.

But the Word of Jesus Christ is Typed, Is it potent or not?

Well, Our thoughts, affections and intentions will be judged also.

I just pity Christians who have allowed all these false prophets lead them to becoming murderers who kill people every day in their thoughts.

Mountain of Fire Ministries will lead some many people to Hell as it has groomed angry, bitter and vengeful murderers at heart.
Re: Will Listening To Worldly Music Make A Christian Go To Hell? by Deckline(m): 7:18am On Nov 13, 2018
Anas09:

Are you saying our typed thoughts are nothing so will not be held against us becos we didn't say them?
Typed Words to me, are more potent than spoken.

But the Word of Jesus Christ is Typed, Is it potent or not?

Well, Our thoughts, affections and intentions will be judged also.

I just pity Christians who have allowed all these false prophets lead them to becoming murderers who kill people every day in their thoughts.

Mountain of Fire Ministries will lead some many people to Hell as it has groomed angry, bitter and vengeful murderers at heart.
Really The bible says "and Jesus spake a parable..." another scripture says "speake ye to the israelites saying..."
Jesus already spoke the word so it is very potent. The scriptures were written from what Jesus preached(spoke).
Speaking is more potent than typing.
A word spoken out cannot be reversed but a typed word can be changed that was why John adviced us REV22:18
Re: Will Listening To Worldly Music Make A Christian Go To Hell? by Deckline(m): 7:39am On Nov 13, 2018
I still haven't gotten your point on this,

You said mountain of fire will lead some many christians to hell.
Anas09 I don't get it,this is pure oxymoron.

Btw- Anyway,many are called,few are chosen. Those christians whom you say will go to hell are those people who place their pastor's words over God's. People who are grounded in God cannot be swayed.
Re: Will Listening To Worldly Music Make A Christian Go To Hell? by Nobody: 9:23am On Nov 13, 2018
Nope playing world music does not, it is not what goes into a man that defile him but what comes out. But again what one hears or sees has the ability to influence him. It also depends on the type of worldy music.
Re: Will Listening To Worldly Music Make A Christian Go To Hell? by Anas09: 2:23pm On Nov 13, 2018
Deckline:

Really The bible says "and Jesus spake a parable..." another scripture says "speake ye to the israelites saying..."
Jesus already spoke the word so it is very potent. The scriptures were written from what Jesus preached(spoke).
Speaking is more potent than typing.
A word spoken out cannot be reversed but a typed word can be changed that was why John adviced us REV22:18
Do you also remember where Jesus said 'If you think it, you have committed it?

Writing is your thoughts in Print. If you think of having sex and you become guilty of the sin of fornication and adultery, how much will it be of you write it?
Re: Will Listening To Worldly Music Make A Christian Go To Hell? by Anas09: 10:24am On Nov 15, 2018
Deckline:
I still haven't gotten your point on this,

You said mountain of fire will lead some many christians to hell.
Anas09 I don't get it,this is pure oxymoron.

Btw- Anyway,many are called,few are chosen. Those christians whom you say will go to hell are those people who place their pastor's words over God's. People who are grounded in God cannot be swayed.
This is why i said Mountain of Fire will send many unscriptural Christians to Hellfire.

Jehovah took up flesh and became Jesus to save Mankind from Sin and Satan, which is Hellfire. He taught us the ways and the things to do to stay away from Hellfire and they are just two.

1. Love the Lord with all your Heart, soul and might.
2. Love your neighbor as you Love Yourself.

We are made to identify who our enemy is. Man has only one enemy and his name is satan, the author or Sin. Discover what is sinful and stay away from it becos, you can not bind satan inside his territory.

Everything Mountain of Fire is doing is to return back Christians to the bondage Christ saved them from. The bondage of FEAR, HATE, REVENGE, BITTERNESS, ANGER, AGGRESSION, UNFORGIVENESS, AND MURDER. All these are fruits from the Tree called Pride.
God says forgive, love, do not take revenge, give room wrath, Do not be afraid. Fear not

Mountain Of Fire is redirecting attention from satan to fellow men who themselves are victims under siege in the Camp of satan. Man is now an enemy instead of satan.

Mountain of fire and their allies magnify satan by always talking and making known the deeds of satan more than they take and publicize the works of God. All they talk about is what satan is doing. All their books are about what satan is doing. People know so much about satan and so little about Jesus.

Their members live is fear, as every insect is a demon. all domestic animals and household pets are demons.

They do not associate with people for fear of being bewitched. Everyone around them is a suspect.

How can anyone Love his neighbor if all they hear is your mother, your father, your uncle, your aunty, your colleague, your neighbor is a witch and is responsible for your woes?

Mountain of Fire began this campaign and it has spread like Wild fire. From no where deliverance ministries are now everywhere. Their activities are unscriptural, their prayer points have no scriptural backings. All they do is emotional and misdirected.

They kill people everyday in their intentions, and if the absence of the law, they will definitely go ahead to kill their supposed enemies physically.

What you intend, you have done.

Who are these people working for, Jesus or satan? Jesus preaches, Love and forgiveness, they preach Fear and Hate.

We should follow the Bible, not men's perceptions.

1 Like

Re: Will Listening To Worldly Music Make A Christian Go To Hell? by Deckline(m): 8:46pm On Nov 15, 2018
Anas09 God bless you sir!
Re: Will Listening To Worldly Music Make A Christian Go To Hell? by Anas09: 9:24pm On Nov 15, 2018
Deckline:
Anas09 God bless you sir!
I am a Sis. dear. lol. Why does every one think i'm male?
Re: Will Listening To Worldly Music Make A Christian Go To Hell? by Deckline(m): 10:08pm On Nov 15, 2018
Anas09:
I am a Sis. dear. lol. Why does every one think i'm male?
Your monicker is guyish grin grin
Re: Will Listening To Worldly Music Make A Christian Go To Hell? by Anas09: 10:19pm On Nov 15, 2018
Deckline:
Your monicker is guyish grin grin
Anas is Guyish? aww

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring / Which Light Did God Create On The First Day? / I Want To Be The Anti-christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.