Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,499 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

Why Are Nigerians Not Interested In Keeping Fit? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Are Nigerians Not Interested In Keeping Fit? (22799 Views)

Many Nigerians Not Mentally Stable – Psychologist / Hippolite Amadi Wins $100,000 Prize For Work In Keeping Newborns Alive / Coronavirus: IGP Tells Nigerians Not To Visit Police Stations For Social Visits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Nigerians Not Interested In Keeping Fit? by chuksstanlo: 8:41pm On Nov 11, 2018
keeping fit is the one of the most important thing you can do for yourself but most Nigerians take it for granted.
Apart from the occasional jogging here and there nothing happens.
Is it that we don't have time?
Is it too much stress?
Is it because of traffic?
Or Is life in Nigeria just too hard and stressful?
I want to know because i see so many people out of shape.
People getting diabetes,heart disease because of their bad eating habits

22 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Not Interested In Keeping Fit? by Nbote(m): 8:48pm On Nov 11, 2018
Na who don chop dey find fitness.. Poverty will help U stay fit whether U want to or not.. Running out of money is exercise on its own..
Most Nigerians have a daily routine which involves
1. Trekking/Running to catch a bus
2. Starting their generator
3. Running up and down staircases
4. Riding okada or keke on a bad and bumpy road
5. Knacking
6. Dancing (especially with d kind of crazy dance steps our science teacher artistes always come up with...

So whixh other exercise again we need abeg
For those Of U ranting about how sudden death and premature death is as a result of not kipping fit.. Here's something U shld see from anoda thread..

This life ehen..the way people die is so alarming..

Lost a friend and adopted brother just this last saturday..dude was a fitness buff...always eating right and exercising and all that...my mom use to mock me then that i should emulate him....niggah just slumped on Saturday and is in the morgue..cold and lonely....this life ehen....i just tire.

371 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Why Are Nigerians Not Interested In Keeping Fit? by MJBOLT: 9:01pm On Nov 11, 2018
most people are working day in day out to make that money so there is little or no time to work out

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Not Interested In Keeping Fit? by olayinks007(m): 9:03pm On Nov 11, 2018
Nbote:
Na who don chop dey find fitness

I tire oo.

35 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Not Interested In Keeping Fit? by LOVEGINO(m): 9:10pm On Nov 11, 2018
Who e help?
Re: Why Are Nigerians Not Interested In Keeping Fit? by THUNDER4real(m): 9:55pm On Nov 11, 2018
Because Mr Jubril not Buhari is in Aso rock. APC , party of deceivers. Somebody please ask President Jubril-Buhari in Aso rock to sign the minimum wage so we can hit the Gym.

15 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Not Interested In Keeping Fit? by Skepticus: 1:12pm On Nov 12, 2018
cool

What do you expect from dregs of the human race who only live for the moment and feed on anything edible including members of their own specie!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians Not Interested In Keeping Fit? by seuncyber(m): 1:12pm On Nov 12, 2018
With the situation of this naija

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Not Interested In Keeping Fit? by SingleWahala(f): 1:13pm On Nov 12, 2018
grin.

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Are Nigerians Not Interested In Keeping Fit? by Originality007: 1:13pm On Nov 12, 2018
grin grin in Nigeria having big tummy is an evidence say u don hammer grin grin

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Are Nigerians Not Interested In Keeping Fit? by Mastadestiny(m): 1:13pm On Nov 12, 2018
Because most Nigerians work day and night 24/7 to put food on the table. No time for keeping fit

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Not Interested In Keeping Fit? by dynicks(m): 1:13pm On Nov 12, 2018
Nbote:
Na who don chop dey find fitness
lol....bros uv said it all

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Not Interested In Keeping Fit? by demoBaba: 1:13pm On Nov 12, 2018
Sd
Re: Why Are Nigerians Not Interested In Keeping Fit? by kikiwendy(f): 1:13pm On Nov 12, 2018
Because it's not easy simple

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians Not Interested In Keeping Fit? by Jhayeahsam01(m): 1:13pm On Nov 12, 2018
na money we de find

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Not Interested In Keeping Fit? by Yankee101: 1:13pm On Nov 12, 2018
It beats me

Most modern sicknesses can be prevented with a healthy lifestyle

Why not just exercise, eat healthy and live clean (Good diet combination, no smoking, alcohol etc)

10 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Not Interested In Keeping Fit? by ednut1(m): 1:14pm On Nov 12, 2018
No time.
Monday to friday work plus traffic
Saturday- owambe
Sunday church

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Nigerians Not Interested In Keeping Fit? by inoki247: 1:14pm On Nov 12, 2018
Kip fit Kwa if u live in Lagos u don't nid Kipping u go dey pursue Danfo Everyday

12 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Not Interested In Keeping Fit? by BruncleZuma: 1:14pm On Nov 12, 2018
grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Nigerians Not Interested In Keeping Fit? by ozodigboo(m): 1:14pm On Nov 12, 2018
And why are some nigerians so much interested in keeping fit ?
You never chop....na Gym dey hungry you.
Kwantinue

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians Not Interested In Keeping Fit? by Imoh555(m): 1:14pm On Nov 12, 2018
Everyone is busy hustling and see exercise as a routine for only those who WATS to develop muscles

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Not Interested In Keeping Fit? by ositadima1(m): 1:15pm On Nov 12, 2018
chuksstanlo:
keeping fit is the one of the most important thing you can do for yourself but most Nigerians take it for granted.
Apart from the occasional jogging here and there nothing happens.
Is it that we don't have time?
Is it too much stress?
Is it because of traffic?
Or Is life in Nigeria just too hard and stressful?
I want to know because i see so many people out of shape.
People getting diabetes,heart disease because of their bad eating habits

As for me I am praying to get out of shape, I am thin. How this people get so fat beats me, as in what should I do.

I understand if you eat more calories than you burn the surplus will fill you beautifully. In my case, an increase in calorie intake translates to an equivalent increase in regular poop. embarassed

20 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Not Interested In Keeping Fit? by prettigurl16(f): 1:15pm On Nov 12, 2018
What do you mean sef? So all this waka from Ojuelegba to Maryland is not working out abi? and the fight with conductor testing my boxing and wrestling skills no be fitness abi?

22 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Not Interested In Keeping Fit? by Sijo01(f): 1:15pm On Nov 12, 2018
The truth is WE DON'T HAVE TIME embarassed

11 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Not Interested In Keeping Fit? by package7(m): 1:15pm On Nov 12, 2018
Because the the environment is not conducive period

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians Not Interested In Keeping Fit? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Nov 12, 2018
Nigerians are the cause of other Nigerians not being fit. This is how it works.

When you're fit, you'll appear skinny to Nigerians and they'll see you as poor. When you're fat or obese, they'll see you as rich.

All Nigerians want to be seen as rich. Call a struggling Nigerian "a poor man" and see how he'll abuse you or get angry.

When you're fit and you offend a Nigerian, he or she will say, "Look at this poor man who can't afford three square meals."

No Nigerian politician exercises. If you see a Nigerian politician exercising, then he has encountered a health challenge and the doctor told him or her to do exercise every morning. With this, they'll start jogging once in two weeks. Nigerians have the mindset of, "If a leader can't exercise, then why should a followers?"

"If our leaders secretly consult native doctors regularly, then why can't I consult them for a G+ charm?" That is the mind of a Nigerian. It's always about, "If you're this, why can't I this too."

All Nigerians act too busy. Busy for what?

The only time a Nigerian sees being fit as good is when muscle is involved. If you're fit and not muscular, you will be treated like a poor man, except you're driving a big car.

It all boils down to: majority of Nigerians are poor, but no single Nigerian wants to be seen as poor — hence, most Nigerians will prefer to be obese or chubby than to be fit.

Only Nigerian celebrities understand the importance of fitness. The rest are hungry and don't have time doing what can't fetch money. They forgot health is wealth.

Most Nigerians spend their time writing exams or going to school. They'll be busy with books and how to get good grades. Before they graduate, they're old and ripe for marriage. They'll start searching for job or wife.

Two weeks later, someone in their family falls sick or dies because of lack of exercise, accident, or spiritual attack. They'll spend the small money they saved in school on burial, to entertain their course mates and friends. When the burial is over, the suffering starts again.

Three years later, they haven't found what they were looking for after graduation. Now, they become depressed, stressed, and desperate for success. A stressed and desperate person can't think straight, so exercise is the last thing on his occupied mind.

The solution to this problem is: after secondary school, forget about schooling further and use that money you would've wasted in school to start up a business or acquire a lucrative skill.

For people who want to become doctors, pilots, and other professions, you can further your education, but for the rest, acquire a skill or start a lucrative business.

If you can do this early in your life, you'll not be stressed or under pressure to live up to expectations. You'll have lots of free time for your health and lots of money to travel around the world to see how other countries handle life too.

A traveler is a happy learner and such people stay fit and live longer.

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Are Nigerians Not Interested In Keeping Fit? by Dpharisee: 1:15pm On Nov 12, 2018
Trekking under the sun for several kilometers, standing on BRT buses, jumping from Keke to Okada, carrying water from borehole or well outside to bathroom, hustling from morning to night, shouting, frowning, quarreling and more all on just one small loaf of bread in the morning.
Bros I dont know what you mean by not liking to keep fit after all these angry angry

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Nigerians Not Interested In Keeping Fit? by speedyconnect3: 1:16pm On Nov 12, 2018
The country is very bad economically.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Not Interested In Keeping Fit? by tamonokare: 1:16pm On Nov 12, 2018
My brother, persin wey dey Nigeria dey think of fitness no get problem at all. Anyway, no vex oo, who fitness don help ?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mad Woman Gives Birth In Asaba (Photos) / 10 Surprising Things You May Be Addicted To / 2 Year Old Indian Girl Born With Four Legs And Four Hands

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.